Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fancy dress yet again!

Going to a film-themed fancy dress b'day party on Saturday. It's pretty broad in that it can be a film character or film star, I guess, but I am still finding it difficult to think of anything decent.

I have thought of and created THE best costume for my boyfriend though - Edward Scissorhands :lol:

Ideas, please :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol: Quality, me and my mate went to a film star fancy dress party and went as Bill and Ted from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure! We had guitars and the lot.

You could go as Princess Leia from Star Wars, there's just something about that hair-do...;)
    Or you could go as a Bond girl or something really random like the Tin Man or Gollum. :D
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

I have thought of and created THE best costume for my boyfriend though - Edward Scissorhands :lol:

how did you create that?

I've got a fancy dress party this weekend, and haven't got anything yet.

Gonna hit the retro clothes shops tomorrow see if I can get anything outlandish.
  • Options
    Jessica Rabbit. ;)
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    how did you create that?

I've got a fancy dress party this weekend, and haven't got anything yet.

Gonna hit the retro clothes shops tomorrow see if I can get anything outlandish.

Lots of leather belts, pipe cleaners, dismantled pairs of scissors, face paint and a bit of imagination :p Will definitely be taking pictures when he's all done up, it's gonna be fab.

I did think of Princess Leia, I've done it before so I've still got the costume but I think it's a bit boring. It is really bizarre that the Tin Man was mentioned, as someone else I know is doing that haha! I am tempted to go as the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, though it might require more effort than I'm willing to make :razz:

I have narrowed my choices down to Alice in Wonderland, Calamity Jane, Cleopatra or Baby Jane I think. I can do them all quite easily with things I have in the flat, always a bonus. I would definitely look like a dick if I dressed up as Jessica Rabbit, unfortunately!
  • Options
    How about dorothy from the wizard of oz - or maybe one of the witches!
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    How about dorothy from the wizard of oz

Dorothy would be a good excuse to buy some glittery shoes! :D
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    :lol: Quality, me and my mate went to a film star fancy dress party and went as Bill and Ted from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure! We had guitars and the lot.

I have done that one with a mate before... its pretty easy to do and looks well good! :thumb:
  • Options
    I've been torn between what i want to go as on our New Year fancy dress. The last time i went to one i was 7 :) So quite an excited child here.

Think i've decided on wednesday addams

as it used to be my nickname as a teen.
  • Options
    I am hosting a World AIDS Day party where the theme is "Red" (amazingly). I thought I might go all in red with October's calendar drawn on a t-shirt... Red October, but that's a bit lame. Anyone got any better ideas?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    briggi wrote:
    Alice in Wonderland

:yes: Admittedly my first thought was Jessica Rabbit too - but the above sounds perfect.

I've seen some amazing Edward Scissor hands before - you'll have to post pics :thumb:
  • Options
    yeah...alice in wonderland sounds good. The bond girl idea is good....glam yourself up abit!
  • Options
    Alice in Wonderland it is :D I will definitely post pictures after the event... if they're not too hideous :razz:
  • Options
    Last time I went fancy dress I was Bill and my mate was Ben - The Flowerpot Men! On Saturday, I'm going out to Gatecrasher in Leeds then to an afterparty... dressed as a nun. I haven't seen the outift yet, but I'm already terrified...!

Alice in Wonderland sounds ace Briggi - can't wait to see pics of you both!
  • Options
    I ended up going to my fancy dress party a scouser.

Got an 80's retro Pringle top from a vintage shop. Tracky bottoms from Oxfam. Fake Soivereigns and a scouser wig and tash from a costume shop. Even lowered myself to wearing my mate's old Liverpool top to complete the look.

Looked pretyy funny in the end. Might put a pic up in the picture thread. :p
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I ended up going to my fancy dress party a scouser.

Got an 80's retro Pringle top from a vintage shop. Tracky bottoms from Oxfam. Fake Soivereigns and a scouser wig and tash from a costume shop. Even lowered myself to wearing my mate's old Liverpool top to complete the look.

Looked pretyy funny in the end. Might put a pic up in the picture thread. :p

:lol::lol::lol:
    Fucking genious!
  • Options
    I would go as an Oompa Loompa, but then I'm not very tall. :D