Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

That time of year again! Xmas parties/nights out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What you planning on wearing? Have works 'do' next week!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You probably didnt want answers from the guys but i shall answer anyway :razz:

I'll be wearing my brand new snazzy jumper by religion - tis grey and has a sort of destroyed look to it :D
    This with shoes something like these not necessarily that colour and black opaque tights.
    lea_uk wrote:
    This with shoes something like these not necessarily that colour and black opaque tights.

haha wow, that dress is well cute is it from primark? my friend got a s miliar one from there, it reminds me of when i was little and my mum would dress me and my sister in little party frocks! in a good way :]

as for my christmas party, im looking for something nice to wear. i want this gorgeous dress in topshop but its £40. dunno whether to splash out!
    Nothing, because I can't afford to go :(.
    I don't know.

My christmas work party is errr in just over two weeks.

Its all being paid for :D. We are going bowling and going to lazer quest in the day then we are going on a massive pub crawl ending up in cool club (entrance and all drinks paid for) :hyper:

I hadn't actually thought about what I was going to wear until I saw this thread :chin: I might buy a pretty dress actually then wear it for New Years. There are lots of pretty dresses in the shops at the min. This however, would mean me spending money I really don't have.
    a grey skrt, purple top and grey shoes

most of the people i work with are older, so dont really wanna go ott
    Yeah our works do is just a meal and a few drinks paid for us then a night out together. I have an engagement party to goto on 21st december so whatever I get will be for both events. I have a gorgeous dress that I got from new look in the summer, a black and cream 1950's style dress which i love so much but I have worn it before with the work girls(and already had comments over it being nice) and i also wore it to my fiance's 21st birthday this month so the people who i see at the engagement party may have already seen me in that dress.

I know the world doesnt revolve around me and what i'm wearing but i don't like to be seen overkilling an outfit, i guess its coz one of my friends is a bugger for pointing out when shes seen someone in an outfit twice("she had that on at chris' party last month"...etc)and so I worry that there will be someone else around thinking the same thing, plus i don't want my dress to lose the feeling it gives me when I do wear it, and besides, everyone wants nice new things don't they :D
    lea_uk wrote:

I want a Roses chocolate :D
    I've got a few parties to go to this year, I have my eye on a dress but I'm broke.
    I have a black halter neck dress with a split up the front and I have a blue chinese dress.
    I'm going to Ram FM's Christmas party, it was a good laugh last year I sat with the breakfast crew and the bar was free all night!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    a blue chinese dress.

Those shiny, tunic type things with embroidered stuff on ? I like them. Obviously not for me coz i'd look stupid in a Chinese dress. Well any dress actually :)
    I've got my first Christmas party next Friday, going to revolution bar for 3-course meal followed by club.

I might wear this dress: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_17633_234764_-1

as I bought it when debenhams had a 25% off day but haven't worn it yet, got some black heels to go with it, not sure about accessories will probably go to primark for some black beaded things.

Knowing me though I will wimp out and wear jeans and a top (my usual going out outfit).
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Those shiny, tunic type things with embroidered stuff on ? I like them. Obviously not for me coz i'd look stupid in a Chinese dress. Well any dress actually :)
    Yes that's the one, it's electric blue gorgeous! Go it from Amsterdam and it was really cheap!
    Are you trying to get in my dress, Rubber??!!! :shocking:
    To mr briggi's fancy pants work Xmas party I am wearing this dress with pewter heels and clutch. That is the back of it, by the way. My own work Chrimble "party" is going to involve getting sauced until we can't see in a grotty local pub, so I will probably wear my painting clothes and a large bib! ;)

To both his and my family Xmas parties I will probably wear the same thing unless the wardrobe inspiration fairy strikes before then. Forest green and black wool shift dress with either black knee highs (yes they are going to be worn in public, again!) or tights and green platforms. I will obviously have to find a red accessory of some sort to make it a wholly festive look :D
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I've got my first Christmas party next Friday, going to revolution bar for 3-course meal followed by club.

I might wear this dress: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_17633_234764_-1

as I bought it when debenhams had a 25% off day but haven't worn it yet, got some black heels to go with it, not sure about accessories will probably go to primark for some black beaded things.

Knowing me though I will wimp out and wear jeans and a top (my usual going out outfit).

That is a lovely dress, you should definitely wear it with pride. Save your jeans and tops for every other night out, if you can't sparkle at Xmas then when can you? :D
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Are you trying to get in my dress, Rubber??!!! :shocking:

Is that a euphamism ? :naughty:

I would get in your dress, coz i doubt it would fit

and

I wouldn't 'get in your dress' coz i wouldn't know what to do with what i find in there :D
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Is that a euphamism ? :naughty:

I would get in your dress, coz i doubt it would fit

and

I wouldn't 'get in your dress' coz i wouldn't know what to do with what i find in there :D
    haha so you are assuming I would be in it?? hehe I know you're game
    haha wow, that dress is well cute is it from primark? my friend got a s miliar one from there, it reminds me of when i was little and my mum would dress me and my sister in little party frocks! in a good way :]

as for my christmas party, im looking for something nice to wear. i want this gorgeous dress in topshop but its £40. dunno whether to splash out!
    Yeah it's £12.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    I want a Roses chocolate :D
    Sorry it's not my pic :p
    Well...I've been in love with these shoes since the moment I saw them in the shop window.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/ThisIsJustASoundCheck/redglittermaryjane.jpg

So ideally, I'd like a black dress to go with it, with some more red accessories.

Whatcha think??
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Well...I've been in love with these shoes since the moment I saw them in the shop window.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f373/ThisIsJustASoundCheck/redglittermaryjane.jpg

So ideally, I'd like a black dress to go with it, with some more red accessories.

Whatcha think??
    link's not working
    Well...they're supposed to be red glittery mary jane high heels :D
    I've got a christmas meal with the people I do martial arts with (mainly guys) in a couple of weeks and Im clueless about what to wear! Being mostly guys they wont care, they'll probably all be wearing jeans, shoes and shirts so I don't want to go too dressy. Im also fairly skint at the moment so buying a new outfit isn't really an option. Any ideas?!