Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

X Factor 2006!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Movie Soundtracks.
  • Options
    Oh aye forget about that.
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see Eton Road doing something slower for a change.
  • Options
    I hope ben does good on the live and let die song as its a great song.
  • Options
    Fucking hell, I don't think the song choices could be any worse. The choice of all the film soundtrack songs in the world and those are the ones they chose. Leona singing Whitney will make the baby Jesus cry.

This is the final five from hell for me, I don't like any of them.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    This is the final five from hell for me, I don't like any of them.

Agreed. I have a soft spot for Eton Road, but thats it. They are all so boring and i wouldn't want any of them inflicted on the British public. I get the feeling if Leona wins she'll fuck off to America anyway, so whats the point in wasting money on voting her?!
  • Options
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Meh, I ain't that fussed about any of them. Out of them all, I find Eton Road interesting and Ben fairly talented.

However, I don't like any of them enough to vote for them, let alone buy their albums.
  • Options
    haven't watched it for a couple of weeks but Ray? and McDonald Brothers? what a joke. Ben to win.
  • Options
    I'm just about to go to work.

If I come back and the Mac'Donald brothers are still in, I'm going to scream.
  • Options
    MacDonald Brothers zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:

So were Ray's choices. Bloody Elvis and Sinatra.

Ray to go plzkthnx. He just pisses me off now. And I am fed up of this genre.

I don't know why I watch this anymore as I just shout at the screen at everyone. Stupid people that they all are, almost.
  • Options
    Gawd 2 seconds into the 2nd MacDonald Brothers song and I thought "oh god"
  • Options
    I am singing along in a scottish accent though :lol:
  • Options
    Omg shock of the century Simon liked it haha.
  • Options
    Ben will go through both Sharon and Simon love him. Louis didn't help Eton Road by announcing on air he'll manage them whatever happens.
  • Options
    Get rid of those Scouse morons please.

If you're gonna ruin a song like that at least sing the right words :mad:
  • Options
    Shame they've gone, they weren't bad.
  • Options
    I'm so glad ben didn't go.
  • Options
    The songs of Barry Manilow next week.

What a cruddy theme.

Fucking Barry Manilow.

And what's the deal with Ray not in the bottom two? Huh? Or MacDonald Brothers?

Barry Manilow? I bet they all fight for Mandy.

:grump: :impissed:
  • Options
    The songs of Barry Manilow next week.

What a cruddy theme.

Fucking Barry Manilow.

And what's the deal with Ray not in the bottom two? Huh? Or MacDonald Brothers?

Barry Manilow? I bet they all fight for Mandy.

:grump: :impissed:

Barry Manilow is a god.

Why are the Macdonald Brothers still in? They're like two little old men in young bodies.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Barry Manilow is a god.

Why are the Macdonald Brothers still in? They're like two little old men in young bodies.

Both MacDonald Bros and Ben are fighting for Mandy already. Gah.
  • Options
    Both MacDonald Bros and Ben are fighting for Mandy already. Gah.

Nooooooooooooooooooo. I HATE THAT SONG.
  • Options
    Oh.

My.

God.
  • Options
    I just watched it, whattaloadabollocks.

Ray's hip thrusting made me gag on my Weetabix, gross. I had to laugh at Simon accusing Louis (?) of choosing predictable songs, HELLO? If the theme from the Bodyguard isn't predictable when choosing a film theme then I don't know what is. I was also pretty pissed off at whichever one said it was as good as Whitney's original. No, she would never do it as well as Dolly Parton's original grr. Do they know nothing? (Rhetorical question, of course).

Glad Eton Road went though, they are utter toss and the weird one annoyed me even more the way he looks like he's about to jizz all over the shop/have an epileptic fit everytime he does a solo.

Barry Manilow is going to be AWESOME. Which insanely lucky bugger is going to sing Copacabana? Colour me very jealous :D

eta: I may be the only one, but I actually found it pretty annoying that they didn't choose songs that had been written for films. If you spend long enough looking you can find just about ANY song used in a film somewhere, which was the case with Your Song etc. That wasn't written for Moulin Rouge fuckwits. I think the criteria should have been songs penned for a movie score, it made it too easy for them to find cheesy crap, and when the judges have such a wide choice they make shite choices. As they did last night.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Barry Manilow is going to be AWESOME. Which insanely lucky bugger is going to sing Copacabana? Colour me very jealous :D

Ray will sing it. Closest to swing we can get for lickle ray :yeees:
    eta: I may be the only one, but I actually found it pretty annoying that they didn't choose songs that had been written for films. If you spend long enough looking you can find just about ANY song used in a film somewhere, which was the case with Your Song etc. That wasn't written for Moulin Rouge fuckwits. I think the criteria should have been songs penned for a movie score, it made it too easy for them to find cheesy crap, and when the judges have such a wide choice they make shite choices. As they did last night.

This narked me too, but the themes have been fairly flexible recently (love songs? number ones?)

Ray neeeeeeeds to go now. He can't look sexy, it just looks so wrong. He can't pull it off and Jailhouse Rock looked like a broadway show, not a possible chart topper. He is just laughable now.

MacDonald Brothers weren't the worst last night - Ray and Eton Road were down there. MacDonald Bros *did* deserve to go through based on last nights performances alone.

Leona (or possibly Simon and Leona) really annoy me. Yes, she's good but she is as predictable as having jam on toast. She's boring and I don't like her at all. Ben is the only one that I would like to win. But I probably wouldn't buy his album or even vote for him. This year they are all disappointing. Previous years were much better. So much better (personality wise - there were people I liked and would vote for. This year they are all dull).

And what is with the hypocrisy amongst the judges this year? Hmmmm.
  • Options
    Although i dont really watch it i saw last nights and i thought Leona was by far the best there.
  • Options
    Im supporting The McDonald's from now on.

My favourite is Ben but personally think he's too good to win. If he wins he'll be given crappy covers to sing.

Leona is a good singer but as littlemissy said both her and Simon are annoying me. How many times has simon said "america is going crazy over you", they are trying to put her over as the winner too much. Also "Leona has been ill this week", guess what we get the picture at every opportunity Leona, Simon and Kate were telling us this. Last week quite a few were ill they said it once and moved on but not this week.
  • Options
    I don't really get the obsession that people have with Ray doing swing.

If it's what he does best then it's what he does best. In the real world, singers and musicians tend to stick to the one style that suits their respective talents, you don't see Lionel Richie singing much else than soulful songs or you wouldn't see The Bee Gees singing rock anthems. And it's not like he's done swing every single week.

It should be about them being able to showcase what they've got, rather than trying to see who's the least bad at a genre that dosn't suit their voice one bit (e.g Ben during ABBA week)