Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does anybody ever feel like...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A complete failure?

I should never have crawled out from under the rock I was hiding beneath. That's where people like me belong.

Sometimes I wonder if I should give up on certain things... I'm not good enough to make a difference. I'm a joke.

Well that's how I feel right now... I'm losing passion, I just wanna be left alone.

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't go so far to say Im a complete failure. however I have done some unbelievably stupid things. one thing that Ive done, I still can't live down. However, I just try my best to put it out my mind and do something else instead of letting it get me down.

whats bugging you moonrat?
  • Options
    A complete failure?

I should never have crawled out from under the rock I was hiding beneath. That's where people like me belong.

Sometimes I wonder if I should give up on certain things... I'm not good enough to make a difference. I'm a joke.

Well that's how I feel right now... I'm losing passion, I just wanna be left alone.
    Well I do now, for fucks sake. If you feel like a failure, then almost everyone else on these boards must feel like one too, because you seem by far to be the most selfless, generous, generally pretty fucking great people I've come across (and I'm not one to kiss arse very often). From what I hear, if you stopped being who you are at the moment, a lot of people would be worse off.

I think everyone feels like this at some time or another. Maybe you should take a bit more time out just for you, though.
  • Options
  • Options
    Did anyone watch the Ste[hen Fry documentary on bi-polarity ? There was a bit in there when he said when he was on one of his bad days that he'd say to himself that he was the most useless cunt (his word) in the world and the world would be better off without him. I thought i was the only one who felt like that about themselves.
  • Options
    Yes I do feel like a failure. Ultimately it's my own fault, as I have achieved nothing. I cling on to the fact that age will save me and I'll change.
    However, from the things you write, I would say you are achieving lots.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sounds like you're blaming yourself for other people's failures tbh.
  • Options
    Sounds like you're blaming yourself for other people's failures tbh.
    No because if I were a better person this wouldn't be happening.
  • Options
    No because if I were a better person this wouldn't be happening.
    Well it doesn't come across that way from what you've wrote. But if that's the way you feel, then that's the way you feel. Maybe it would be a good idea to do some shit just for you for a change.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes, yes I do. But I'm working on it.

As for your own feelings of failure, I don't think I really have a whole lot that is valuable to say to you. However I just wanted to reiterate what has already been said - you are NOT a failure. You most definitely are your own harshest critic and while that's in some ways a good thing (it has pushed you to get to the place you are today) it also means that you really do yourself a disservice sometimes when it comes to aknowledging the good things you do and what you have achieved. When you've come so far through sheer grit and determination it is definitely understandable that you feel so disillusioned that things are skidding out of control. As IWS said, maybe it would be a good idea to slam the brakes on and direct a little bit of your wealth of compassion and understanding towards yourself. You deserve it, and I think you need it. We can say as much great stuff about you as we like, but until you feel successful and realise that the things that are going wrong aren't your fault, well I don't think it'll make a blind bit of difference. I hope you do start to feel more positive soon, and though you say you want to be left alone, if you ever need to sound off you know where I am ;)
  • Options
    Yes but then i am a failure so my thoughts are justified!
  • Options
    What you're doing already is much more than the average student does. I know I do fuck all. Just drop back on some things, let loose, have fun and you'll be alright.

I don't feel like a failure, though I do feel like I'm abusing the system by doing as little as possible and hoping that I scrape through somehow hehe!
  • Options
    Just having a bad week... I'll be Ok.
  • Options
    Just having a bad week... I'll be Ok.
    Sure you will.

I'd just like to add that I agree with pretty much everyone else here... You have so many things to be proud of you shouldn't feel like this. But then - I understand that you do, it happens to me too from time to time. God knows I'm my harshest critic. What I've learned to do over time though is to learn to look at myself with a bit more compassion. The way you do so many compassionate things for others Moonrat, take some of that compassion and apply it to yourself.

Hope you feel better :)
  • Options
    Oh yeah for sure. I'm a failure as a friend, failure as a son, failure as a brother, failure as a person in general but every morning i wake up put on a smile and have another go at everything. I'm a glutton for punishment me. It feels like I'm daring life to throw all its shit at me and for me to turn round each time and keep going, but for what reason i do not know.

My social circle, hah, doesn't exist, i have very few friend's, no matter how hard i try nothing i do in regard to work ever comes off in my favour nor with relationships either. I feel I'm letting the people i do have in my life down and part of all i want to do is make them proud of me. It's nice to know my never die attitude still lurks underneath me somewhere.

Thing's were fucking brilliant until i grew up.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Did anyone watch the Ste[hen Fry documentary on bi-polarity ? There was a bit in there when he said when he was on one of his bad days that he'd say to himself that he was the most useless cunt (his word) in the world and the world would be better off without him. I thought i was the only one who felt like that about themselves.

i'm feeling like that right now. its all i can think about at the moment
  • Options
    To the original inquiry, yes.
  • Options
    I think my folks probably see me as a failure because I got a lot of presure put on me as a kid and I'm probably doing the least well out of all my brothers and sisters.

I've been seen a failure as a boyfriend quite a few times too.

I don't see myself as a failure thiugh, whih I kinda guess is the most important thing.
  • Options
    I'm a numpty... Feel better now.

Love my friends xxx