Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dating sites?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would you ever use one? Or have you used one before? If so is it worthwhile?

Comments

• Options
    Nah wouldn't use one. I'm sexy you see and don't need them. :flirt:
  • Options
    I'm registered with a few but I've never really made any contact with anyone.
  • Options
    When we were 16 my friends and I were registered on one for laughs. Nothing serious came out of it, but then that wasn't what we were looking for. On the other hand, one of my best friends now met his wife through a dating site, so it can be worthwhile!
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    Would you ever use one?
    Probably not at this point in my life... I'm not really lonely enough. I'd use one to make friends.
    Or have you used one before?
    I use myspace, but for networking and friends.

To be honest I find dating sites scary, in that you don't know who's using them. A lot will be looking for vulnerable or lonely people to target.

I don't have issues with people who use the internet to find sexual partners or relationships, but it totally isn't me (one night stands with strangers don't turn me on and I'm not girlfriend material at the moment).
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    no. no. and i'm guessing not.
    i always assume rightly or wrongly that those sites are filled with people who cannot get a date in real life.
  • Options
    I dated a site once. I really liked her and all, I thought we had a great time and stuff, but she 404'd me soon after :(

:lol:

poor Bungle :(

:thumb:
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    no. no. and i'm guessing not.
    i always assume rightly or wrongly that those sites are filled with people who cannot get a date in real life.
    :yes: But then I know some really cool people who have used it for dating. It's just that they're a bit different on the inside and prefer like-minded people.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    If you do use one, be careful.
  • Options
    No I've never used one and I don't really see myself wanting to unless I get to the age of 40 and still haven't had a girlfriend since now...
    Don't see anything wrong with them really, just right now I'd rather meet people in the real world.
  • Options
    One of my good friends met her partner through match.com and they are both perfectly lovely and as normal as any of my friends actually are :D

She does live in London though, and within her circle of friends it's a very common thing to do internet/speed dating.
  • Options
    I am on faceparty, I think that's better than a specific dating site especially one where people pay.

I don't see anything wrong with it..I don't meet many guys in my job and when I go out I hardly speak to anyone except guys who are totally unsuitable, I see websites as a way of broadening how many men I can meet, and weeding out unsuitable ones.

I haven't met anyone off there yet but have been chatting to a few with good jobs who seem nice and may meet one soon. Think it's pretty normal nowadays there shouldn't be a stigma about it.
  • Options
    :o Well I've met a really good mate online... I was scared to because he's male but he coaxed me in to it. He's like a big brother to me now, I loo up to him a lot and we have some eally profound conversations. :)

Met another lady offline who I grew to fancy... Oops!

And I sometimes hang out with a fellow thesiter who has transferred to my uni.