Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Donate to the British Liver Trust for Jake

JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
Hi guys :flirt:

Some of us have decided to set up a site so we can donate money to the British Liver Trust, the Trust aims to raise the profile of all liver diseases, encourage prevention and achieve greater recognition, better support and wider understanding for people with liver disease.

Please give whatever you can (a pint of beer, an hours wages, the coins from the back of the sofa), anything will be appreciated and will help the trust a lot.

Some people are going to try and donate an hours wages every month for the year the site is open, that would be brilliant if you could all stretch that far.

Donate here!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think I can stretch to £4.85 a month.

Not at the moment, but I will do...*bookmarks*

ETA: I'm also emailing the link to all my college friends, and I'm gonna suggest maybe doing a fundraising-type event for it. A lot of them are IB and might need CAS hours so it should be popular, if only for that reason.
    Done. This should be a sticky imo.

:)
    I concur.
    I have a few people who would be happy to help do a fundraising type thing at college to raise money for this, so if anybody has any suggestions as to what I can do, go ahead and tell me. I *might* be able to get it done before New Year, even.
    Is there anyway of donating without cheques or credit cards?
    I cant afford much, but I guess every little helps.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Gave 20 quid, I'll give some more when I can... I want alot of good to come from this.
    im really impressed how much has been raised already.
    keep it up!!!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    _
    JsT wrote:
    Hi guys :flirt:

Some of us have decided to set up a site so we can donate money to the British Liver Trust, the Trust aims to raise the profile of all liver diseases, encourage prevention and achieve greater recognition, better support and wider understanding for people with liver disease.

Please give whatever you can (a pint of beer, an hours wages, the coins from the back of the sofa), anything will be appreciated and will help the trust a lot.

Some people are going to try and donate an hours wages every month for the year the site is open, that would be brilliant if you could all stretch that far.

Donate here!
    Over two hundred already.

:heart: to whoever stickied this.
    I've just given a bit, will try to do a little bit every month. Was thinking today that we should some fund raising in his memory.
    I can't at the minute, but I will as soon as I get my EMA through on Friday.
    Will give some money as soon as possible. Earliest will be Friday when I get paid tbh.
    Was thinking today that we should some fund raising in his memory.

Thsi does seem like a good idea.
    Keep this stickied and I'll put some in when I get my moneys through.

I was laughing at agadoo last night. It's remarkable that even though he's passed on he's still making people smile.
    Done. I think it's a really good cause and a nice gesture.
    I can't donate right now, but i've set up a standing order :)
    i genuinely have nothing to give.

i feel very bad, sorry guys :(
    Just got my November wage - so an hours worth in the pot.

I know you lot all get paid soon so dont forget :)
    yeah il have to wait till end of the month, but il give some then:)
    Here's another thing to remember, and I don't mean this to sound morbid, but how many of you are there who have thought about organ donor cards, and havnt yet got around to it.

It may well end up prolonging the life of a beloved family member for someone else.
    I've had a donor card for a while.
    MrG wrote:
    Here's another thing to remember, and I don't mean this to sound morbid, but how many of you are there who have thought about organ donor cards, and havnt yet got around to it.

It may well end up prolonging the life of a beloved family member for someone else.

How old do you have to be to become an organ donor? It's something I've thought about, but haven't signed up to anything yet.
    Thanks Lea.
    Woot!
    We've had the organ donation debate before (lets not start it again, especially here please), and i don't want to give my organs. However, those who do are amazing people and i think you deserve all the credit in the world. Sadly i get paid cash in hand, but over christmas when i don't have student debt to worry about i shall hopefully donate. God bless you Jake x
    If you become an organ donor will they... try and make you presentable for when you're in the casket? I just don't want my family and friends to be upset by seeing my body all cut up :(. I know it's gross, sorry.

December 1st is when I shall be making a donation. Still can't believe he's gone :(. *remembers agadoo* Hehe :)
    they will always try and make you look presentable.
    is quite a lot of money!