Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

scientologists court city of london police

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,,1953996,00.html

i dont know why, but this is very creepy considering how this cult acts

Comments

• Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,,1953996,00.html

i dont know why, but this is very creepy considering how this cult acts

Which of those two cults are you referring to ? ;)
  • Options
    That is very disturbing news. Scientology are a dangerous, profoundly nasty and bullish sect with already too much power.

There were reports of the nutters descending on victims of 9/11 not 48 hours after the atrocity and offering them 'alternative counselling' (i.e. don't accept the offer of a proper counsellor because any form psychiatry "is evil").

A bunch of grade-A cunts.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    don't accept the offer of a proper counsellor

What`s your definition of a "proper counsellor" ?
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    What`s your definition of a "proper counsellor" ?

one who doesnt get you to subsribe to their non-profit organisation for a billion years
  • Options
    One who is trained in psychology, psychiatry and coping with grief would be a start.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Oh dear.

I just hope the police are abusing this and robbing them for it, wthiout getting involved in the cult.

But I doubt that very much.
  • Options
    You seem very philosophical today Seeker!

I dislike all aspects of scientology, except when they are made fun of by the creators of South Park.
  • Options
    what a bunch of arse lickers

everything about this cult is disturbing
  • Options
    Scientology and Kabbalah are both bizarre and dangerous cults; there was an excellent BBC2 documentary a year or so ago exposing the latter...It would seem Scientology employs the same cult methods. The Raelians aren't as slick as Scientology but they're just as strange, one of their leaders is sometimes a guest on talksport...funny stuff.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Scientology and Kabbalah are both bizarre and dangerous cults; there was an excellent BBC2 documentary a year or so ago exposing the latter...It would seem Scientology employs the same cult methods. The Raelians aren't as slick as Scientology but they're just as strange, one of their leaders is sometimes a guest on talksport...funny stuff.

That is the most Rubbish site ever.

Whislt it's idea is a fesiable one I have contemplated before, that site is blatantly rubbish and discreditable instantly. Poor flash animations don't make a religion.

:lol: Also reminds me of a certain book with a certain depressed robot... the idea appears stolen from it slightly!
  • Options
    what do the scientologists do that's so bad.
    does identifying with their ideas make me a bad person? physciatry is evil.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    That is the most Rubbish site ever.

Whislt it's idea is a fesiable one I have contemplated before, that site is blatantly rubbish and discreditable instantly. Poor flash animations don't make a religion.

:lol: Also reminds me of a certain book with a certain depressed robot... the idea appears stolen from it slightly!

:lol: I guess humanity being descendents of aliens which began life on earth through cloning is somewhat feasible...
  • Options
    what do the scientologists do that's so bad.
    does identifying with their ideas make me a bad person? physciatry is evil.
    Other than preying on vulnerable individuals and claiming they can solve all of their problems, for a tidy sum of course? Nothing.

Do they have to pay tax by any chance?
  • Options

Sort of.
  • Options
    Other than preying on vulnerable individuals and claiming they can solve all of their problems, for a tidy sum of course? Nothing.

Nothing ? :chin:

I suspect,as your second question alludes to, that joining the flock would reduce your tax bill.

They seem to have an "understanding" with the organised gang d/b/a "IRS".

Perhaps they are still sorting out the fine print with the local gang d/b/a "Inland Revenue".

It appears that GOD does indeed work in mysterious ways.
  • Options
    Working up to a level where you learn the most secret parts of scientology will cost you around £600,000 (or dollars, I forget), but either way it's obviously a massive scam that preys on the desperate. If you've seen the episode of South Park where they rip the cult then you already know the secret but, beware, because if you learn it before reaching the highest thetan level then you'll catch pneumonia and die. Honest. :rolleyes:

I'm usually all for freedom of speech but I hate this cult having any place in modern society. They're a dangerous group that scam desperate people out of massive amounts of cash. Anyone trying to leave becomes "fair game" and essentially has their life ruined by remaining cult members.

Having someone as mentally-unstable as Tom Cruise as a member of the cult is a dangerous thing too. It probably won't be long until he tempts fellow stroker David Beckscum into it and then the little kiddies will want to follow suit.

A bloke I know had a brief chat with a couple of scientologists who were out "touting for business" and decided it wasn't for him but took a couple of leaflets to shut them up. For the next few weeks he received countless phonecalls (growing more threatening by the day), visitors to his door and letters asking when he would come along to see them again. These people are absolutely insane.

If you don't know anything about the cult then do some digging on the net. There are sites out there (xenu.net, for example) that will give you the info on these nutjobs.

If you're reading this and you're already a member, I hope you catch the AIDS, you freak.
  • Options
    They have an office in London right next to a Tube Station and whenever I come out of there they have people trying to get you to come inside for a 5 minute computerised stress test or something ..

Looks kinda suspect to me ..
  • Options
    They have an office in London right next to a Tube Station and whenever I come out of there they have people trying to get you to come inside for a 5 minute computerised stress test or something ..

A thetan test. The intergalactic overlord Xenu banished people from some far away galaxy (due to overcrowding, he rounded them up by issuing a tax notice or something) to the volcanoes of Earth and their spirits flew around the planet meaninglessly until man evolved. They attached themselves to humans and this is what causes stress, unhappiness and all the other bad feelings. Thetan tests are like a mental audit to cleanse yourself of all that stuff.

Their test will ask you personal questions to try and tap in to some well-hidden, deep-down secrets that have been causing you stress. Once they know personal info on you they'll keep it and use it against you should the need arise.

They genuinely believe all this. A group of adults are obsessively following the stories of a peadophile science-fiction writer and trying to turn it into a religion.

It's just one big freak show that should be chased out of the country. :no:
  • Options
    A group of adults are obsessively following the stories of a peadophile science-fiction writer and trying to turn it into a religion.

:confused:

What`s your definition of a religion ?

There are some,in the early 7th century, who may have been saying that sentence in Arabic. ;)
  • Options
    Anyone who believes in this sort of shit is a maniac!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu
  • Options
    L. Ron Hubbard .. Hmm I kinda have a rule about not trusting someone that initials their first name.
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    :confused:

What`s your definition of a religion ?

There are some,in the early 7th century, who may have been saying that sentence in Arabic. ;)

at least a koran only costs a couple of quid at most down brick lane....

this is the full work up for scientology...
    http://www.xenu.net/archive/prices.html

let's not mention their facination with sailors outfits either

they make such a great joke that people find it hard to believe these people believe this stuff