Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Value for money? I don't think so!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, and I stick to my original view on it.

So you're telling me a Cotton garment is going to cost the same as a sequin garment?!
  • Options
    Yes, and I stick to my original view on it.

So you're telling me a Cotton garment is going to cost the same as a sequin garment?!
    wtf?

obviously, but the quality/type of the material is reflected in the price, the amount of material used isnt (and shouldnt be) reflected in the price
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Alright ladies, you are entitled to your opinions but I think you are going to have to agree to disagree on this one...
  • Options
    Sarah, have you read my nice long post with all the reasons in it?

That should make the economics involved fairly clear.

IF you want something where you get fabric in proportion to your money, buy rag bundles or cloth by the metre.

If you want a finished garmet, pay the overall cost for a finished garment, which is usually the same because of the overall process.
  • Options
    does this mean that I should pay more bus fare because my arse takes up more of the seat!?
  • Options
    Well That's obvious that we both get a garment, But, they are gettin' more of A garment for their money.
    buy a fucking bigger size then?
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Get Fat.
    Chop Off All Your Hair.

For the love of god woman, you make me angry in my pants ;[[
  • Options
    This thread is hilarious :lol:
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    does this mean that I should pay more bus fare because my arse takes up more of the seat!?

I was thinking about this in relation to trains only yesterday - fat people have to pay for two seats if they can't fit into one on an aeroplane yet they only have to buy one ticket on the train (or bus or tube) yet they still take up two seats - which means in effect one less person can get on (or maybe i'm just bitter that i had to stand on the way to work becuase there was a fat bloke taking up two seats)

Sarah - why don't you just buy size 18 clothes that way you are maximising what you in particular value the most in an item of clothing the cloth. That way you will be getting your money's worth - you could probably even get some much bigger sizes if you look hard enough and then you can sit and gloat at just how cleaver you are for screwing the most value out of a shop.
  • Options
    you do realise that the price of the material is a tiny proportion of the actual cost of the clothes? when you buy a sweater you aren't paying £20 just for the wool that makes it. you're paying for the service of someone making the sweater and transporting it to your local store which has just been done up all nice and putting it on the hanger for you and counting your items in the changing room and taking your money at the till and giving you a nice carrier bag to take it home in. ffs you're even paying for the heating and lighting in the store. do you think that people who live in scotland should pay more than people in cornwall for their clothes because the shop's heating bill is higher? of course not. same principle. everyone is reciving the same service so everyone pays the same. end of
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    Sarah - why don't you just buy size 18 clothes that way you are maximising what you in particular value the most in an item of clothing the cloth. That way you will be getting your money's worth - you could probably even get some much bigger sizes if you look hard enough and then you can sit and gloat at just how cleaver you are for screwing the most value out of a shop.

On the plus size if she ever becomes a size 18, one day they will fit her :D
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    I was thinking about this in relation to trains only yesterday - fat people have to pay for two seats if they can't fit into one on an aeroplane yet they only have to buy one ticket on the train (or bus or tube) yet they still take up two seats - which means in effect one less person can get on (or maybe i'm just bitter that i had to stand on the way to work becuase there was a fat bloke taking up two seats)

I have thought about that too, They should be charged for seat space!!

:lol: :yes:

As for the Get fat Crew, Don't be so pathetic, And for you people who are gettin' irate, Maybe you should seek medical advice/Counselling.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    you do realise that the price of the material is a tiny proportion of the actual cost of the clothes? when you buy a sweater you aren't paying £20 just for the wool that makes it. you're paying for the service of someone making the sweater and transporting it to your local store which has just been done up all nice and putting it on the hanger for you and counting your items in the changing room and taking your money at the till and giving you a nice carrier bag to take it home in. ffs you're even paying for the heating and lighting in the store. do you think that people who live in scotland should pay more than people in cornwall for their clothes because the shop's heating bill is higher? of course not. same principle. everyone is reciving the same service so everyone pays the same. end of

I'm not really arsed how much of my money goes into the business, I'm more interested in what i'm gettin' out of it in return for my money.
  • Options
    As for the get fat crew.
    Ooo do we rap and make albums with Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg?

That'd be fun...

On a serious note, you're an idiot :)
  • Options
    I'm not really arsed how much of my money goes into the business, I'm more interested in what i'm gettin' out of it in return for my money.

and what you're getting is someone to make a sweater for you and sell it in a shop for you to buy. and you're getting that whatever size you are

with all this taken into account the difference in price to make a size 6 item compared to a size 16 item is tiny. i can't actually believe you would be that bothered. you'd probably save about 20p per item
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    Ooo do we rap and make albums with Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg?

That'd be fun...

On a serious note, you're an idiot :)

and you're a pillock, go get your hair-cut... freak! :shocking:
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    and what you're getting is someone to make a sweater for you and sell it in a shop for you to buy. and you're getting that whatever size you are

with all this taken into account the difference in price to make a size 6 item compared to a size 16 item is tiny. i can't actually believe you would be that bothered. you'd probably save about 20p per item

So, That twenty pence could go to charity! Every penny counts.
  • Options
    But then is you are a small size, your the price of your item of clothing would have to be increased because of the higher machine accuracy required, and we know accuracy costs. 20p back out of charity box.

Can you not accept that there is no difference in the real cost?
  • Options
    But then is you are a small size, your the price of your item of clothing would have to be increased because of the higher machine accuracy required, and we know accuracy costs. 20p back out of charity box.

Can you not accept that there is no difference in the real cost?

No, because I think there is a difference. I can't see there being smaller stitches, Sewing is sewing isn't it?
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Theres a simple solution to this problem. Get fat.
    :lol:

That's great, I think I love you! hahaha.

If I had to pay more for my clothes because I am not an 8, I would be very angry at the discrimination, and quite possibly go naked as a protest. THAT would make them change their minds for charging fatties more :D
  • Options
    ashlee wrote:
    Haha I find this thread so funny, read it from start to finish, and Sarah, you're class! It's cheered me up no end, so petty and she just won't give in

:heart: 'n IT!!!

:D Thanks, I aim to please! ;)
  • Options
    and you're a pillock, go get your hair-cut... freak! :shocking:
    Witty reply from the one moaning about paying the same for clothes as everyone else.

As for my hair, it's not the matter at hand, I'm aware I have a shit haircut, but you don't see me making a thread moaning that people who pay stupid amounts for haircuts shouldn't be able to ride the same bus as me, or some tripe like that.

You need to take a good hard look at yourself and ask if you should actually bother thinking about anything... Ever.
    :D Thanks, I aim to please! ;)
    btw, I doubt it was a compliment.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    Witty reply from the one moaning about paying the same for clothes as everyone else.

As for my hair, it's not the matter at hand, I'm aware I have a shit haircut, but you don't see me making a thread moaning that people who pay stupid amounts for haircuts shouldn't be able to ride the same bus as me, or some tripe like that.

You need to take a good hard look at yourself and ask if you should actually bother thinking about anything... Ever.

I always look at myself, I love being me, and i love not having to agree with other people, I don't aspire to be an arse licker!

Mongo!
  • Options
    Who's arse did I lick? and wtf is a "mongo"?

also... "I always look at myself, I love being me".

Who are you trying to kid? Me or you? :)
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    Who's arse did I lick? and wtf is a "mongo"?

also... "I always look at myself, I love being me".

Who are you trying to kid? Me or you? :)

A mongo is you, and I ain't kiddin' no-one!

I don't know who's arse you licked last, I couldn't bare to look! :yuck:
  • Options
    I notice from your profile that you claim to be 22, please try and show some ounce of self respect and act it?
  • Options
    Hm now now children

I agree with Dr Pirate. You have shown yourself to be a bit of a moron in this thread, and you're so stubborn (not in a good way) even when people are saying stuff that totally trashes your point you won't back down and realise you're talking shit. Your whole arguement is rediculous
  • Options
    No, because I think there is a difference. I can't see there being smaller stitches, Sewing is sewing isn't it?

Where does the difference lie? I would hope that it has been shown much earlier on in this thread that the material cost is only a tiny part of the overall cost of the garment and because of having to cut to shape often the amount of fabric required is the same so there will be no difference. Yes you may get less fabric to take home with you, but more has been taken off in off cuts for your garment than has for mine.

The stiches themselves may not be any smaller, but the margins for error are the the space to sew in is, which means the machine needs to be more accurate.hhhh
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    Hm now now children

I agree with Dr Pirate. You have shown yourself to be a bit of a moron in this thread, and you're so stubborn (not in a good way) even when people are saying stuff that totally trashes your point you won't back down and realise you're talking shit. Your whole arguement is rediculous

That whole paragraph looks RIDICULOUS considering you can't even spell the damn word!
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I notice from your profile that you claim to be 22, please try and show some ounce of self respect and act it?

Some people enjoy being young, you wanna try it sometime, instead of acting like an OAP with genital warts!

I might buy a size 18 jumper and use the left over material to cover up your shitty looking face!
This discussion has been closed.