Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have a small lump on the skin surrounding my vagina (actual skin) and its producing white puss. it also hurts slightly if something rubs against it
does anyone know what this may be? could it just be an ingrowing hair from shaving?

Comments

• Options
    Ingrown hair or zit, would be my first guess
  • Options
    thanks, do you know how long an in growing hair takes to go away?
  • Options
    Depends, couple of days if the hair comes to the surface and gets left alone.
  • Options
    This is probably not a good idea, I have no idea, but I just tweeze the hair in the infected area, slap some face astrengent on it and its fine by the end of the day.
  • Options
    thanks for your help guys:)
  • Options
    On my legs I get some tweezers and get the bugger out. I tend to notice them when they hurt, and find that the hurt goes instantly once the hair is removed.

See if you can find an ingrowing hair, and I'd hold off on the shaving for a while. If you decide to shave again, put the water as cold as you can stand. I itch really badly with warm water (and get ingrowing hairs) as the pores open, but with cold water it's not an issue - no rash or owt.
  • Options
    clever. cold qwarter eh? there's a tip.