Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Loans for people with fairly bad credit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know of a company that I could apply for a loan that doesn't incur a credit check fee?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    My credit isn't too special. Had defaults years back and I'm on a low salary (work part time) topped up with state benefits. No CCJ's or owt major though. I got a loan through the Co-op bank who initially declined me but once I wrote to them explaining my circumstances they agreed it. They might be able to help? The interest on the loan isn't too bad at 5.4%
  • Options
    They shouldnt tax you just for you requesting a loan, try www.moneysupermarket.co.uk they compare loads of places.
  • Options
    Provident. I think their APR is only about 177% :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Provident. I think their APR is only about 177% :D
    lol I skanked them hard back a few years ago - i think the debt got wiped, haha that will show them.
  • Options
    Snap :) Ah, hiding behind the sofa with the telly turned down on a Friday night :D
  • Options
    lol

I've even been on my mobile while I was in the house telling the bailiffs to fuck off cos I'm not letting you in!!

I'm a god girl now and slowly building my credit rate up but I got into a bit of trouble when I lost my job and I just want to pay it all off......everywhere charges extortionately for a bloody fee!!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    lol I skanked them hard back a few years ago - i think the debt got wiped, haha that will show them.

It's also partly why their rate is so fucking high in the first place.
  • Options
    It's also partly why their rate is so fucking high in the first place.
    Most probably very true....sorry all you people out there paying those loans back....I was a silly 18 yr old but have learntmy lesson now.
  • Options
    Unless you badly need the loan my advice would be to not take any credit out.

The debt counsellor sitting six feet away agrees :yes:
  • Options
    Are you going to take it out to pay off credit? If so, you realise you're paying interest twice, don't you?

Is there ANY other way you could do it?
  • Options
    I owe people money and at the moment my wages aren't covering what I owe out. (I lost my job so I had to borrow off family to pay for my outgoings when I was jobless. I got a new job but it's not as much money as I used to be on. My mum has now lost her job and needs the money back I owe her) I've also got my overdraft repayments and recently someone has left me in the shit moneywise.
    I need a thousand punds to clear it all. I've been offered a loan of this amount and I pay back £50 a month for 2 years but I have to pay this fee. I just wondered if anyone knew of a company that wouldn't charge this fee.

I'm really fed up about it all, payday is looming and I'm dreading it.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Anyone know of a company that I could apply for a loan that doesn't incur a credit check fee?
    Thanks

Dunno butt his site might help .. not sure but worth checking

www.zopa.com

Can't you get like a part time job working in a pub behind the bar .. Thus you still get a social life but you also get paid for your time?

Then invite all your friends around and the landlord will easily keep you on..
  • Options
    Bump. Thanks Diamond.

Please does anyone know of a loan company I could try? I've thought about it and I want to do it 100%.
  • Options
    Me & my fiance have been trying to get a loan for a deposit to move into a private rented place. We tried Yes Loans online, they phoned within 2 seconds of clicking submit! Sounded cushty, said we'd been accepted (def not provisionally) & that they'd send out forms to sign in next few days. Then send them back with £49.50 for admin fees, then we'd get money in 4-5 days. WELLLLLLL.....me being suspicious, I checked them out on a review site & found they aren't a loan provider but a company that pass on your details to others (do they call these brokers?) but according to several unhappy bunnies who sent their money off, they didnt hear a dicky bird from them after! So just be warned check the small print & if anyone wants money off you whether it be for admin fees or credit checks, they're clearly dodgy! I agree with others above, if you are desperate & have crap credit then apply to Provi or Greenwood. If you're not desperate, then just don't bother! One good way to build up credit (slowly but surely) is get on electoral register & get an account with Studio catalogue (they accept anyone). Order something dead cheap & pay it off straight away, then do it again (again with somethin cheap, so u dont get into debt), your credit limit will shoot up pretty quick & it all goes on your credit report. I've only been with them for about 4 months (started on £50 limit) now up to £150 already.
  • Options
    The place I have had a loan with for over a year now have said they will give it to me....but bloody hell, I didnt have a DD set up and used to pay on my card. They always phone me the day before and text on the day to make sure I can pay it!!! Because of this they want me to set up a DD and have 3 months of it before they'll give the th mullar. Better than nothin but I'm stiffed until then.
  • Options
    Tried cahoot?
  • Options
    I'll lend it to you Vicky if it's not much, we can even work out the interest in kind ;)
  • Options
    I'll lend it to you Vicky if it's not much, we can even work out the interest in kind ;)
    Well you be kind to me and I'll be grateful :D