Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

blargh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone else ill with a cold/flu thing? I'm practically overdosing on Lemsip here which helps for like..........10 minutes but apart from that does naff all. I want sympathy. MEH..or all of us sick folk can get together and spread our germs and soon we will take over the world with our bogeys.

Comments

• Options
    I have a chest infection and I'm a bit tired. Yesterday I was in agony and was taken to hospital with chest pains and I had a slightly high temperature but I'm not in as much pain now.
  • Options
    poor you!
    i had a coldy/flu thing few weeks ago didnt get outa bed for 2 weeks sucks doesnt it! lemsip is lovely but it just doesnt do much should try some boots cough medicine makes you feel better even if you dont have a cough!
    hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Thankyou! My boyfriend told me to stop lazing in bed even though I am ill :mad: I miss college and have only had 3 days off this year in total but already I feel guilty. Hate winter bugs so much.
  • Options
    awww I have just gotten over my colds and coughs so I am not coming anywhere near you but I will send my cyber hugs and my complete and utter sympathy, but im sure cold medicine will do more good. Get well soon x x x
  • Options
    Be careful with lemsip if it's the stuff with Paracetamol in it. You may find hot squash has a similar effect....
  • Options
    You may find hot squash has a similar effect....

:yes: Though there is there is the 'comfortyness' of making Lemsip that seems to do you good. Thraot pastilles CRAP, just buy some sweets to activate your saliva glands to soothe your throat.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    RubberSkin wrote:
    :Thraot pastilles CRAP, just buy some sweets to activate your saliva glands to soothe your throat.

:yes:

I have just gotten over some bug thing, as has the boy. Hate these things. I blame the kids :(
  • Options
    I've just got over one (again) but still have a versy notty (but not bloody, thankfully) nose. :(
  • Options
    Ohh what I'd do for a Lemsip.... or some warm Robinsons fruit and barley... (A girl was handing out cups of them in ASDA the other week and now I'm addicted.)

I feel poorly. :crying:
  • Options
    me to, my boyfriend so nicely decided to gove me a cold when i came back from Florida and now it has turned into a chest infection (as it always does with my asthma), spent two weeks trying to get rid of it but doesnt want to budge, hate the winter, bring back the warm weather!!