Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jake0 - Some sad news

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never met the guy but Jake0 was fantastic fun so I thought I'd come pay my respects after hearing the news. Personally I'm really gutted. Don't really frequent these boards much anymore but Jake0's someone I'll always remember cause we had a right laugh. RIP xx
    Never met the guy but Jake0 was fantastic fun so I thought I'd come pay my respects after hearing the news. Personally I'm really gutted. Don't really frequent these boards much anymore but Jake0's someone I'll always remember cause we had a right laugh. RIP xx

Pretty much ditto that. Total legend. RIP.
    I havent been a member of TheSite for long but to hear this news is horrible. Didn't know him at all but from the posts about him here it shows me what a nice guy he was. RIP.
    I've been away for too long.

I didn't know.

Will miss ya jake.

Really gutted.
    Damn :(

You made cheese music sets on inx not quite so unbearable.
    funniest guy ever

:-(
    I first heard of Jake's passing away on Monday morning from a friend on this site. I must admit that I was very close to tears on hearing this news about a man whom I had a certain admiration for. I had known that Jake had been ill for quite some time. It may be an old chestnut, but there's nothing that can ever quite prepare you for the news that someone whom you think so much of has died. My condolences go out to his family, and to his friends. Judging by the size of this thread, there would appear to be plenty of them.

I have two lasting memories of the man himself. The first were the various occasions when I met him at London meets during 2005. I have never met anyone quite like him. Although I hadn't spoken to him a great deal online, he came across as friendly, polite, and truly unique. He was, to use one of his own buzzwords, "a legend". My other memory is the now infamous video of him doing "Agadoo". I hope this doesn't seem presumptious, but I think Jake will be delighted at how happy this video has made so many people. His rendition of Agadoo will bowl them over in heaven. :)
    jake0 u are the man , and i would normaly get a reply sayin i was the man i will miss that it is that that made me most happy an to know that i had made a super frined who i met from the site so i thank the site for getting to meet jake0 at a london meet and meeting him 3 times, at the last meet i was askin where he was i do miss him , he one guy i will keep with me in my hart . i wil stop at that befor i start crying again.

p.s.
    we are both the man ;)
    Who fancies trying to get jake0 and agadoo as a really highly watched video on youtube, if its not allready up there, someone put it up, post a link, and get all your friends to pass on and enjoy jake0 the way he should be, as a legend.

p.s. I can remember hugging him at the last london meet I went to, good memories I tell thee
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I was there when he lost his steak virginity :p

Haha me too :)

Really sorry to read this, RIP Jakey :(
    Rip
    Hey all,
    Im Laura, Jake's little sister,
    on behalf of me, my mum and dad and my sister melanie i would like to thank you all for your kind words, we're so glad we came across this thread, shows what a likeable person jake was and how many friends he had.
    A couple of you said you didnt understand why Jake passed away so i thought id try my best to explain,
    Many of you know in early 2005 he had acute liver failure and had a liver transplant in feburary of 2005. After recovering from the transplant he was fine and lived another year almost as though he'd never been ill, until april of 2006 where he because jaundice again since then he was in and out of hospital until september where he was admitted into hospital and stayed there, progressivly deteriorating. He was relisted in July for a second liver transplant and was prioritisied in september, however in the last four weeks he became too ill to be operated on, he was kept sedated most of the time so luckily did not know what was going on and he died peacefully on sunday 19th november at 7:34pm.

For those enquiring about his funeral, it is on friday 8th december at 3:00pm at Worthing Crematorium, anyone who would like to come is welcome,
    my email address is: loradaflora@hotmail.com if anyone would like to email me or add me on msn.

Thanks again for all your kind thoughts and wishes,

Laura xxx
    We are sorry for your's and your familys loss Laura. :(
    laura,

i cannot imagine what you are going through and i would like to offer my sincerest condolences. it was very kind of you to come here and make a post. i hope this thread has shown you just how much thesite valued Jake.

may he rest in peace.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its good to hear you from you Laura. I hope your family are bearing up well.
    I was looking at going to the funeral but its a 600 mile round trip - but I plan to spend some time in the hills on Friday during his funeral.
    I'm sure those who can't make it will have him in their thoughts I know I will.
    I would just like to add, if anyone is coming to the funeral and needs transport from worthing train station, we can arrange that for you because we have a few close friends that are willing to take people to the crematorium.

Thankyou for the nice replies, thats really nice to spend some time in the hills Jst.

Also we would like to know who is going to come because we have no idea about numbers and it would be nice to know who is coming before so i know who to expect to meet hehe.

Laura x
    I can't make the big trip, but I will try and spend some time in cumbria, some nice walks and Views up there
    Also to add, we're getting the service recorded so that all you that cant make it will be able to listen to it.

Laura x
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    As I mentioned to you on msn Laura, I shall be attending along with 2 other people from here that knew Jake quite well, if you PM me your number on MSN or here, I'll text you on the day if we get lost lol.
    Thank you laura, I'm sure that many people would have liked to attended but given how far spread everyone is who uses this website it isn't always possible to make it to one place, no matter how much people would like to.

So it will be good, as much as any of this can feel good, to be able to hear the service afterwards. If you need any help hosting the service do let us know and we'll do what we can to help.

And, again, for what it's worth, everyone in thesite towers is so sorry for your loss.
    R.i.p.
    i'm really sorry to hear that. rip. :(
    Words cannot describe the feeling when I found out the news.

I hadn't spoke to Jake in a little while but I have a personal story that I would like to share with you that I personally never thought I ever would tell any body.

I was acquainted to Jake via Irc and the game counter-strike and he was always the guy to be the one to pick you up when you were down. He was the guy you went to with a problem you couldn't discuss with anyone in everyday life.

After a messy breakup (yeah yeah) and severe depression I found myself at the point of taking my own life. Without any melodrama intended I was at rock bottom. About to loose my job, no money, severe debt, rent to pay and nobody to talk to, Jake was the only one willing to talk to me. I spent all night pouring my heart out to him on MSN and on the phone (he even called me as I couldn't afford to pay my bill).

I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that if it wasn't for this remarkable individual I wouldn't be here today. Can you honestly say that you would go to those lengths for somebody you have never even met and at the time barely knew?

Over the next 6 months I grew very fond of Jake and I think I even annoyed him sometimes with my constant MSN messages!

Over time, I guess we kind of lost contact as I concentrated on turning my life around, clearing my debt and moving on in my life. It only seems like yesterday but I just installed IRC for the first time in years just to have a look in #jake0.

Without going on any more, I'd like to thank you Jake for all you done for me, every kind word you said, every time you made me laugh and more than anything, what you done for me that night.

You were one of the greatest, most generous, selfless people I have ever had the privilege to know and my only regret is not fulfilling that promise to meet up and hang out and eat haribo until we throw up! There is nothing in this world that will stop me travelling to see you at your resting place.

I love you mate and I'll never forget you.

p.s

UR GAY! LOL
    Words cannot describe the feeling when I found out the news.

Beautiful story!
    No way, just popped on to see how things are and saw this, something I wasnt expecting.

RIP Jake, Dont worry, I'll give Rockachick a smack for ya x
    Why banned? :|
    Life ban, especially a second one, is a life ban - I let Basic Instinct post before banning the account.
    Hi Lisa :wave:
    Jim V wrote:
    Life ban, especially a second one, is a life ban - I let Basic Instinct post before banning the account.
    Ah. I didnt know it was her :)