Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

If you eat meat...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...how often do you eat it?

In the last few months, I've noticed I don't often cook with it, and have meals with more veg, or pastas etc. Nowadays, I tend to eat meat once or twice [maximum] a week. I don't intend on ever giving up meat, but it has been nice to be more creative with ingredients rather than the usual, but I think that has more to do with being fed up of eating the same sort of foods.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I eat meat most days, if not twice a day, in some form. For instance, I had chicken and bacon pasta for lunch today, and am likely to have a roast dinner for tea - or at the least, bangers and mash.

I'm one of those freaky people though that if they cut a food group/type out, they suffer. A while back, mum cut wheat out of all our diets (can't remember why now). I was so run down it's not even funny :(
    Almost every day. For lunch, I"ll have a campbells chunky soup and they usually contain meat. Dinner, unless I just get a soup or salad combo, theres usually some sort of meat in it. Chicken usually. The only red meat I eat is hamburger. Whether it be a chicken with sides, or chicken or shrimp (which it usually is) in pastas or salads. Had a delicious shrimp linguini with red peppers and garlic yesterday.
    That's interesting nicx, have you ever tried cutting out other food groups since then?

Out of red meat, I tend to stew a shoulder of lamb with spices, tis delish. If I'm eating beef, I usually wait for a nice surloin :yum:
    Most days a week, sometimes twice a day depending on what I have for lunch.
    most days ill have meat or fish, sometimes more than once.
    Im fine with cooking vegetarian, as i didnt eat meat for 11 years, but nmm is a devout carnivore and not very gastronomically adventurous at that, so I tend to stick to certain dishes lately and they pretty much all contain meat or fish.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Every day, without fail. Red meat about twice a week.
    Weekender Offender 
    Pretty much at least once evvery day. I prefer chicken over any other meet and could happily eat it every day.
    Most days I will eat or fish.

I'm fine cooking veggie food, and do it every so often, but we just always end up eating meat. We'd be better off not eating so much, especially financially, but hey ho.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Pretty much every day.
    Every day - in our family we're big on things like chilli, lasagne, spag bog, pasta with bacon, roast chicken etc. It's once in a blue moon that I eat a totally veggie meal.
    at least three times a week i'd say.

then i tend to eat some tuna once or twice a week.
    Kermit wrote:
    Most days I will eat or fish.

This sounds like the diary of a caveman...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    This sounds like the diary of a caveman...

:lol:
    Weekender Offender 
    I usually have it some form everyday.
    Not had it today though :chin:
    Every day here too. Usually have a cornish pasty and/or tuna baguette at lunch, and some sort of meat or fish for tea. Got two pasties for the price of one today. That's what you get for being a regualr customer. I got a free fish at the chippy the other day too, because they had no chips left. :yippe: I'd probably like to learn to make some non-meat meals though, because meat's expensive.
    Most days I would say, though I am getting more concerned about where my meat and fish comes from, so I am more careful what I buy and from where.
    I'm really fussy and hardly ever cook meat at home...I only eat chicken and turkey, but rarely, if ever cook it. I tend to have vegetarian sausages.

I only really eat meat in a restaurant or at other people's houses. So I guess I'm practically veggie.

As I live on my own, it works out quite expensive to buy chicken just for myself in portions for one so I generally don't bother. I'm sure I get enough protein and nutrition from other things I eat.
    go_away wrote:
    ...how often do you eat it?
    Everyday.

Vegetarians, beware! :cool: