Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gut reaction

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Condom split midway through sex this afternoon, we noticed (well he did, all credit where it's due) and stopped. :mad:

Would you or wouldn't go you for massive upheaval to try and get MAP? I'm failing to be rational....

Comments

• Options
    Yeah better to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    What she said ^^^^.

Is it worth the risk?
  • Options
    yeah, definitely better safe than preggers.
  • Options
    Yes, go and get the MAP.

Accidents will happen, and its not worth it.
  • Options
    No not really, half of me thought the other half was being paranoid as lots of peope seem to use the withdrawal method and it works just fine for them.

Nice to hear I'm not though. The boy reckoned it was fine but I have my doubts, he's wonderful in every other respect.

I do so love the patronising lecturing session you have to go through to get it. :banghead:
  • Options
    lots of peope seem to use the withdrawal method and it works just fine for them.

Until it doesn't.
  • Options
    No not really, half of me thought the other half was being paranoid as lots of peope seem to use the withdrawal method and it works just fine for them.

It didn't work fine for us :no:
  • Options
    Cheers Kermit. That was the final kick up the backside and the wishful thinking cap that I could have a lie in tomorrow has just gone out the window. Humble pie here I come.

[rant] I hate condoms :banghead: [/rant]
  • Options

[rant] I hate condoms :banghead: [/rant]

You could always use something else as well?
  • Options
    Do go and get the MAP- we didn't once and we only knew we'd had an accident when we miscarried. Nice.

You should really be using another form of contraception too, just because condoms do fail sometimes (especially if you're drunk).
  • Options
    I usuallly do, this is posibly the most irritating part.

They suggested I came off the pill when I had an operation, and recommended staying off it until I was back to a reasonably active lifestyle and was taking fewer other drugs, partly because I was having so many problems with interactions and side affects and partly because I spend so much time lying down the dvt risk etc is right up.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

You should really be using another form of contraception too, just because condoms do fail sometimes (especially if you're drunk).

Just for the record (not that you were implying otherwise) I was stone cold sober, and had even filed my nails down to being nice and smooth this morning so there was no threat from them.