Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's your relationship with yourself like?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hate pretty much everything at the mo, have done for a few months soo.. mums taking me to the doctor about it.

I hate how shy I am, and that I can't stick up for myself. How easily I can be intimidated.
    I messed things up with a guy, who went from totally loving me and talking to me every night, to pretty much ignoring me now. I can't help but feel its something about me.
    Plus I'm always really tired, skint, I don't think I'm clever enough for the subjects I'm taking, and I have very low self-esteem. Hurrah.
  • Options
    My relationship with myself is excellent. :D We are very happy with ourselves, know there is stuff we can work towards and like the challenge.

It's great to have figured out how to be happy in my own skin. yesyes.
  • Options
    Getting a bit better. Just small baby steps at a time. Still utter shite though!!!
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote:
    My relationship with myself is excellent. :D We are very happy with ourselves, know there is stuff we can work towards and like the challenge.

It's great to have figured out how to be happy in my own skin. yesyes.
    That's really cool... I think that with so many pressures in society today it is hard to like yourself. We're bombarded with images of models and media companies who dictate what "beauty" apparently is.

We are supposed to have a nice car, dress in a certain way, all of which costs money... Our society seems to have the idea that affluence is the be all and end all. But then is it possible to have a secular society that doesn't have some sort of ideology?

In essence, we're taught to think and act in a certain way and failure to do so doesn't make you unique, it makes you a freak (unless you have money or are attractive, then you're "eccentric").
  • Options
    Mine is getting better. I'm working on it.
  • Options
    I like myself I guess. And I'm quite pleased with my appearance except for the fact I wear glasses, it just puts me down as a whole. But yeah, quite good at the moment. I'm more confident, its great :)
  • Options
    Ermmm, well I don't like my appearance all that much, I wish I was waay thinner, but I'm crap and also gave up on exercising. But yeah, it's something only I can do something about.

I'm pretty okay with my personality, I think I'm quite a good person, but sometimes I wish I had more mates and stuff, but yeah, I have good friends, so it's all good.

Most people want to be a bit nicer, a bit prettier, a bit thinner, a bit more selfless, or SOMETHING, so I think I'm okay. I don't hate myself anymore. :)
  • Options
    I'm surprisingly happy with myself at the moment.

I'm loving the way I look at the moment (okay a few pounds lighter would be ideal, but I'm not slitting my wrists over it!!) but in total I'm pretty satisfied with my appearance, in fact it could be a hell of a lot worse so I'm chuffed.

Mentally, I'm liking myself. I have friends, so I mustn't be the most hated person on earth. I'm respected, I'm looked up to, I'm disliked - nothing I'm upset about!

I'm at college, something I did for myself. I've acheived what I set out to so all in all, I'd marry me if it was legal. :thumb:
  • Options
    better than it was a week ago :)
  • Options
    I hate the way I pretty much lost contact with my oldest and best fucking mates ever (even though we're seeing more of eachother recently).
    I hate the way I'm so shy around girls I really like unless I'm with people I know and even then I never have the fucking guts to actually ask them out.
    I hate the way I've drifted apart from my family and I hate the fact that I let a drug addiction hurt people that I love.
    I hate the fact that I messed up my first year at 6th form college which is why I had to change colleges which led to me drifting apart from people I care for.
    I hate the way I'm too lazy to revise for anything and I hate how bad I am with managing my money.
    I also hate the fact that I get so paranoid and I'm incredibly insecure.
    I hate the fact that I just can't seem to get a girlfriend anymore.

Phew, glad I got all that off my chest!
  • Options
    People who are happy with themselves lack ambition. ;)

If I'm ever satisfied, shoot me.
  • Options
    People who are happy with themselves lack ambition. ;)

If I'm ever satisfied, shoot me.

:) I like that! (not the shoot me bit :p)
  • Options
    Myself has always been ...blah.
  • Options
    A lot better then it was, still need to work on a few areas but I'm getting them sorted.
  • Options
    Doing well, but I need to start sleeping at night instead of the day!:eek2:
  • Options
    I'm liking myself at the moment.

I feel happy with my looks and my weight. I need to lose a few pounds but hey, if I'm happy with the way I am, why should I care about what guys think of me? I am who I am.

I feel quite popular because I have lots of friends at the minute and am never on my own.

I feel really independent. I don't feel the need for anyone and am completely happy being single.
  • Options
    We are very happy together.

Speak for Youself.

Oh He's only being like that because Your here.

Why don't You just shut up.

Why don't You....
  • Options
    We are very happy together.

Speak for Youself.

Oh He's only being like that because Your here.

Why don't You just shut up.

Why don't You....

My precioussss...