Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Universities...

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki wrote:
    I need people's opinions on the seven universities I have on my list, so that I can cut it down to six. I want to do English and Creative Writing, and atm I do IB. The pass mark for IB is 24 points, and I'm predicted somewhere around 34. The highest you can get is 45, and anything above 34 is pretty good. So anyway, my choices are:

Northumbria (which is where I want to go and will be my first choice), although I don't know the IB entry requirements, it's 280 UCAS points.

Chester, 30 IB points, 240 UCAS points.

Chichester, 28 IB points, 220-40 UCAS points.

Huddersfield, dunno the exact requirements, but a pass.

Manchester Met, 28 IB points, 280 UCAS points.

Plymouth, 26 IB points, 240-280 UCAS points.

Winchester, 24 IB points, 220 UCAS points.

So, like, if anyone could tell me what the universities are like and stuff...that would be nice :). Thank you kindly and stuff :).

xx

My mate is a Sports Development Officer at Chichester Uni, and having visited him a few times, I can say that it's an up and coming university, constantly growing, second only to Lutterworth, sports wise, the only thing is that Chichester in itself is the most god awfully boring place on earth and the only thing to do is the SU bar and the club for pikeys called Thursday's just outside of town.
    The council is ancient so all the pubs and clubs within the old walls close at 11pm, not that there are many of them.

Winchester, all i know about it is that the ratio of male to female students is 1 to 7
    Awesome!
    Chester, Chichester and Winchester are all quite small places with relatively few students. Things to be looking at there will be student facilities and accomodation potential.

Chester has a large number of students actually compared to alot of unis and it is really a great place to study. There is lots to do in the area and the halls are meant to be really nice, it is a historic town and very busy all of the time. Not to mention the close approximatey to Chester zoo:p .

I can't comment on the others because i have never seen them before.
    I just sent off my application XD.

To:

Birmingham
    Huddersfield
    MMU
    Northumbria
    Plymouth
    Warwick

RAWR :D.
    Warwick is the best. Go for that if you get it.

Hope you get them all!
    I doubt I'll get accepted by Warwick. That was my "people keep telling me to put higher offers on my list, and I can't think of any others I want to go to so I might as well" uni, along with Birmingham. Plus it would be nice if I got accepted for them XD.
    Let us know how things go!

And try not to be a permanent visitor to track.