Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Discontinued food

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fish & Chips crisps anyone?

burtonsfishandchips.jpg
    Fish & Chips crisps anyone?

burtonsfishandchips.jpg

oooh i LOVED those! do they still sell them anywhere no? im sure i saw some not so long ago. i loved the salt and vinegar ones. yum.

I ate loads of Lucky Charms when I was in america. I wanted to bring some back but my bag was full!
    Creamola Foam :heart: I don't even know if it's being made anymore :( Haven't seen it in years.
    LadyJade wrote:
    I think my_name was pointing out to FlameOn that we prefer people to not use text speak...

ah ok not a problem, im relatively new here so thats why.
    I'll try to speak normal rather then text chat, i blame msn and mobiles lol
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Cheers! Its partly because not everyone can read it, and partly because our search doesn't recognise it and future posters may miss out on your pearls of wisdom :)
    Jazza wrote:
    Creamola Foam :heart: I don't even know if it's being made anymore :( Haven't seen it in years.

If i remember correctly, there was an item on the news about a year ago about this. When the factory shut down they lost the recipe for it, but someone found some in the back of their cupboard and they're trying to get the recipe off it and maybe bring it back. What was it, as i don't remember what it was ?
    i thought roysters crisps had been discontinued, until i found some recently :yum:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    otter wrote:
    i thought roysters crisps had been discontinued, until i found some recently :yum:
    Roysters - the food of kings.
    JsT wrote:
    Roysters - the food of kings.
    yep. :)
    Boursin Black pepper
    it's not discontinued but it's very hard to get unlike the other flavours
    Have Crunchie Blasts been discontinued I haven't seen them for months and I prefered them to normal Crunchies?
    Some chocolate bars only come out as special edition, or if they don't sell well then they discontinue them.

Vicky, if you go and pester your local Co-op they might be able to order it in especially. When I go back at Christmas I can have a nosey in the book to see if they still make it if you like :) (Chillers is my bit!)

Vicky, if you go and pester your local Co-op they might be able to order it in especially. When I go back at Christmas I can have a nosey in the book to see if they still make it if you like :) (Chillers is my bit!)
    Wahey, thanks! Unfortunately though, Co-op's miles away from me! I usually go Saisburies. I could always go and pester them :D
    I think they do make it still, my mum got me some the other week, I thnk the other flavours are more popular though grrr :(
    Some good memories in here haha!

I miss something that no one else ever seems to A) Heard of or B) Like!

But does anyone remember those McCain Pizza Rollers ? - They were like a roll of bread with pizza filling inside, obviously not like just a bap it was sealed into like a ball.. yummy!!

Also, weird pizza spread you could put on sandwhiches, not that nice I bet but I used to enjoy it lol.
    Some good memories in here haha!

I miss something that no one else ever seems to A) Heard of or B) Like!

But does anyone remember those McCain Pizza Rollers ? - They were like a roll of bread with pizza filling inside, obviously not like just a bap it was sealed into like a ball.. yummy!!

Also, weird pizza spread you could put on sandwhiches, not that nice I bet but I used to enjoy it lol.

You got some kind of pizza theme going on? :p

I have never heard of either of those things. Maybe it was like a only in the valleys type thing.
    I remember pizzarollas, mainly because of refusing to buy them for my kids. Don't know about the pizza sandwich stuff though.... I remember pizza toast toppers....
    Haha shut it Lacy - :p

Pizza theme was purely fluke.

On another note, Tesco recently changed all their vegetarian food, including the bloody recipes of some of them.. not impressed!!
    Talking of which, whatever happened to those vegetable fingers you used to be able to get? I liked them. Were they Birdseye or something?
    I don't know, I know tesco's do their own brand, they're yummy, but they just changed the recipe, still Ok but not great.
    But I liked the old ones. Everywhere used to sell them, even my local Spar. They tasted really nice.

Ah well.
    I used to like this cheese spread stuff that came in a jar. Was like totally orgasmic. I've got no idea what it's called though, just remember it was totally different to like Primula and stuff.
    Reminds me, I haven't seen Cheddary around for a while.
    Primula, thats a blast from the past as well lol.

What about Hubba Bubbas?

They were a major of fav of mine as a kid.

Granted the flavour didn't last long but while it was there it was yum, plus I remember them being 10p a pack!!!!!!! amazing!!!!

Mind you, those days the local chippy was 50p for a proper size bag lol.
    Primula, thats a blast from the past as well lol.

Really? We've got two tubes in our fridge :p

I think food has really gone downhill.

What about Hubba Bubbas?
    I used t get 50p a day and get 5 packs of these every time, I was furious when they went up to 12p
    Mother's Pride bed, haven't seen that for time! Not for sarnies though but it made the most delicious toast
    Miffy wrote:
    Talking of which, whatever happened to those vegetable fingers you used to be able to get? I liked them. Were they Birdseye or something?
    Dalepak make them, I got some in Costcutter the other day.
    Glittery wrote:
    I remember Heinz did a sandwich spread I used to live on when I was younger, made the best turkey sandwiches so it did :(

I remember having Sandwich Spread by Heinz when I was little (which they still make), but they used to do a Cucumber Sandwich Spread, which was yummy! I can't find that anymore :grump: I didn't like the pepper bits in normal Sandwich Spread! Anyone seen the cucumber one lately??
    Wyetry wrote:

Those kind of triangular shaped orange drinks that you could freeze.

They're called Jubblies (not sure on spelling) & they still sell these in Tesco. You can find them in with the jellies & rice pudding etc. They're not as big as they used to be (& it's not cus I've got bigger, they used to be bigger than my nan!) But they're still damn tasty!
    Bird's Apeel. Saw it on an episode of Man About The House :)