Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

christmas!

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    kaffrin wrote:
    :shocking: :sour:

People who do that to their houses should all be forced to live in a little community together.

Although it is beyond excessive, it could be worse, like having a gazillion plastic snowmans / santas / trees etc on the roof, a million more flashing lights, big flashing neon lights saying things like Merry Christmas in 43 different languages.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the tackier christmas decorations all seem to be on houses in council estates.
    :yuck: Blergh!

Ours go up a couple of days before Christmas, not necessarily Christmas Eve because it's a working day so parents aren't necessarily at home, and it's a family thing.
    go up 12 days before and come down on epiphany
    desperate housewives box set
    boots vouchers
    hairdryer
    perfume

thats all i`ve asked for
    who gives a fuck what lights people put up and when they put it up! you're all scrooges :p
    My decorations go up on the weekend closest to the 1st December (so the 2nd this year). I know some people think it's too early, but it's mainly because I have a gorgeous Advent calendar tht some one made for me, and I always think, if that's coming out, why not everything else? I don't think the beginning of advent is too early.
    lipsy wrote:
    who gives a fuck what lights people put up and when they put it up! you're all scrooges :p
    i'm not a scrooge! :no:

i love christmas i just have a thing against people covering their houses in tacky lights and inflatable santas.

anyway i didn't start the thread to talk about christmas lights!

back to the original topic people. :mad:
    i'm not a scrooge! :no:
    Your just miserable. :yes:

;)
    HIT wrote:
    Your just miserable. :yes:

;)

you're just tacky.

:yeees:
    I went to see mcfly turn on the christmas lights last night, but i missed it :-(
    noog wrote:
    I went to see mcfly turn on the christmas lights last night, but i missed it :-(

oi.
    you're just tacky.

:yeees:
    And your cheap. :yeees:
    nah.

but at least i can spell. ;)
    nah.

but at least i can spell. ;)
    I can spell thank you.

Besides I have a spell checker on top of the screen.
    It was crap in the end, had some snob from ladette to lady or something turn them on.

Not all the lights came on in the end.
    noog wrote:

you didnt miss much si, just a load of scummers using there kids as weapons to fight through the crowd...i was much more happier sat drinking my pint of guiness at the pub afterwards.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    koe_182 wrote:
    you didnt miss much si, just a load of scummers using there kids as weapons to fight through the crowd...i was much more happier sat drinking my pint of guiness at the pub afterwards.
    erm...hello??

my dancing was the highlight of the evening, not the guiness!! tut!

and si, how did you miss it? place or time? it was good though, not meaning to rub it in. but then i like mcfly and the scissor sisters.
    lipsy wrote:
    Exactly.

I dont get why people get so annoyed about people putting their decorations up early, it's not like they're asking you to come and help them, or decorate their bloody tree. Lighten the fuck up.
    I'm not sure what I want for Christmas. I don't really need anything. Apart from money to actually live on.

I'm getting excited about buying presents for people though (even if it is coming out of my overdraft!)
    We used to go overboard with decs but now we just have a tree and a few wall things now. No point when there are no kids in the house. Ours go up whenever we can be arsed putting them up and I always hate having the decs up laster than Hogmanay. Will porbaably take them down a day earlier this year since I'm going out.

A house about 2 miles from here has projections, snowmen on see-saws, singing elves and lights all over the bushes and tree and windows. Must cost a fortune for the leccy bill! :lol:
    We seem to put the decs up later every year, last year it was about the 22nd. We always take them down at twelfth night as well. One of the flast up the road has had its lights/ inflatable santa up for the last couple of weeks. They get worse every year as well. :rolleyes:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I may get some help from the old man to do my HGV licence.
    Weekender Offender 
    What I want for Christmas is:

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=14331
    http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11337&mid=329126
    http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11337&mid=329111
    http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10404&mid=329615
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000B7QLLO/ref=wl_it_dp/026-2562319-6479601?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2B0QDK53VO7ZP&colid=2ROR3Q4ANGAA1

Lots of money, lots of CDs. Socks, underwear, that kinda thing.

Also, the boy has already bought me:
    http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp?gid=7&cat=5&pid=3344 (although he says he hasn't decided whether or not it's part of his Christmas budget for me yet :grump: )

And I know that he's trying to decide between two things, and then other stuff on top of that and it's like >.<. Gay. His budget for me is >£100 and it makes me feel bad :(. My budget is £5 or less per person. And I'm only buying for 8 people. Oh how poor I am :(.

On the decorations front - ours don't go up til mid-December. Come down early January. Yeh.
    Ooo, I've just bought The Sims festive pack, it's great :yes:
    I want a laptop. A bit expensive for Santa, yeah, I know :(
    Franki wrote:
    And I know that he's trying to decide between two things, and then other stuff on top of that and it's like >.<. Gay. His budget for me is >£100 and it makes me feel bad :(. My budget is £5 or less per person. And I'm only buying for 8 people. Oh how poor I am :(.

It's the thought that counts. Personally I'd rather have something that would be useful to me and that was cheap instead of something that was expensive and that I don't want or wouldn't use.
    As I said I'm hoping to get money to buy some clothes/shoes and this.
    I dont really want anything off Santa this year.... I'm getting some trainers apparently off the boyfriend, but in return I have to buy some for him.... which in my head defeats the point, but never mind heehee.