Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's your relationship with your mates like?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Following on from the others threads.
It's very rare I see any of them as they don't live that local but I have one mate that I've known since I was little and we still see each other. I was out with her last night and stayed at her flat. I don't have the kind of relationship with any of them where I feel I can go to them with my problems.

Comments

• Options
    I've lost contact with all of my friends from primary school. Also have lost contact with friends from secondary school that have gone to college instead of staying on at school.

There is one friend of mine where most of the time we talk, we end up arguing with each other and it's over really silly things. (it does tend to involve him telling me that I'm really demanding even when the argument is about something completely unrelated :rolleyes: )
  • Options
    Got a really close mate that I feel I can speak to about most things. Although I do have a hard time opening up to people. Used to have a best friend, but she lost contact with me after she got with her boyfriend.. hardly speak to her anymore, never mind see her. Definitely feel like I've lost that trust I had with her to speak to her about anything.

Then I've got my close group of guy mates - pretty awesome lads. See them every now and again. Can talk to a few about some things. My guy mate from uni - meet him every so often, not near as often though. Chat to him about anything. It's great.

Never really argue with any of them. It's all pretty good in those respects. Still keep in touch now and again with some from high school, others seem to have moved on and we just say hello when we bump into each other, that's if they recognise me!

Then theres my cool guy friends who we all go on the piss with. Love them to pieces. Especially the one I'm seeing :P
  • Options
    this question is too broad for me. i have so many friends with all different types of relationships.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Mostly OK. They're fun to be around, most of them, and I have no problem with them (aside from being seemingly unable to make any of them into friends).
    There are some people however that I suppose I should call "mates" but don't really talk that much, and sometimes I get a feeling that some don't really like me and see me as an annoyance. This could just be my paranoia however.
  • Options
    I was starting to lose contact with my mates that I've known since day fucking one at primary school because I left for a college instead of staying on at 6th form at my secondary school which was really starting to upset me but we've been making big efforts to see eachother more again which is really good...after this year when they all go to University and I take my gap year I doubt I'll ever see them again though :crying:
    My other mates who I hang out with most days are fucking quality, we always get mashed and have a laugh, couldn't talk to them about really personal shit though unless we're on pills or something lol.
    Then I've got my mates at my new college and my mates from work (many of which went to secondary school with me, and are still at the 6th form there).
  • Options
    Failing badly, they just annoy me these days, i think i've grown out of them i need some new ones
  • Options
    Am I the only one whose friends seem to have the lovely habit of embarrassing me in front of their friends' partners?
  • Options
    can vary from day to day.
    one day I love them, next day they piss me and I wanna beat them to death. mind you thats only if they keep pestering me and won't leave me alone or they keep making stupid statements.
  • Options
    I had one, but shes all married with kids and doesn't have a phone nor a doorbell so when I've stopped by, they are usually downstairs with music on and can't hear a knock. So I've not talked to her in several months. So really I don't have any friends to judge our relationship with. Though I guess my boyfriend is my friend, and we're grand.
  • Options
    Usually good, I do sulk quite a bit and if there's one thing I hate about myself it's the fact that I take stuff out on my friends at times.

There's a few really good pals and drinking buddies up north I don't get to see all that often anymore.

Love 'em all though :thumb:
  • Options
    Some weeks I'm really social, other weeks I'm entirely on my own. It goes up and down. I guess the relationship with my mates are... a bit non-existant at the moment. :p
  • Options
    surely if it wasn't good, i wouldn't be friends with them? :confused:
  • Options
    All of my best friends live around the country. The people I hang out with a home are cool, but none of them are people I could talk about anything with. I think I'm ready for a new influx of friends now - I get one every so often. Just to add, not to replace btw.
  • Options
    All of my best friends live around the country. The people I hang out with a home are cool, but none of them are people I could talk about anything with. I think I'm ready for a new influx of friends now - I get one every so often. Just to add, not to replace btw.
    awww! are you talking about me for when you move to manchester? :razz:
  • Options
    My mates are the best, I don't have to call them all the time, they don't have to me, I know they love me, I love them, we'd do anything for each other, we can be serious, we can be funny, we trust each other completely and they are always there whethere I need to get wrecked, chill out, go shopping, need money, a serious chat or advice.
    They are a mixture of men and women, young and old.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    awww! are you talking about me for when you move to manchester? :razz:
    Naturally.
  • Options
    Really good...
    I have a few different groups of mates I would do different things with, but I have always felt lucky mate wise, they are all top people!
  • Options
    Depends which mates you're talking about.

Largely it's good, though. There aren't many I can talk to about things which are bothering me, but there are enough.
  • Options
    Depends I think... I have some mates I can have intelligent conversation with, some mates I have a brother-sister relationship with, some I'll wrestle with, some I'll tease, some I'll tell I love them, some I'd lend a tenner to, the odd one I have a crush on...

I mean we behave differently depending on the person.
  • Options
    the odd one I have a crush on...
    They're always the best friends. There's nothing like a bit of sexual tension to keep a friendship interesting.
  • Options
    Well they all live in the next town where school is so i don't really see them outside of school. I have a good relationship with them, there's just one that can be lazy and spoilt at times and gets on my nerves when she rubs in how much money her dad has etc.
  • Options
    I am seeing them more or less frequently, even tho I am usually 24/7 involved with university, be it lectures, work to do, learning, whatever...

I play with a few of them soccer each sunday and I try to get out on friday or saturday with others. Usually we just see each other on occasion.
  • Options
    They're always the best friends. There's nothing like a bit of sexual tension to keep a friendship interesting.
    Yep! Got an interest in a couple of mates at the moment (would never tell them tho)... Kinda makes going out that bit more exciting!
  • Options
    Primary school mates-don't see many of them these days but have ran into a few on nights out and now hang about with them if we're at the same pub or gig or whatever.

College mates-lots have went to uni and don't see most unless they go to the same uni and even then it's hardly ever

Uni/flat mates-Great, we have the best of craic.

Mates back home-great aswell, some mates I don't see too often now as we've taken different paths in life but hang around with them now and again, as for the others, well it's class getting fucked and sharing your uni experiences and shit like that.

All in all, no grudges or anything bad.
  • Options
    the odd one I have a crush on...

I really don't like this, tbh. It's even worse when his mates (who I'm also good friends with) try to guess who it is I fancy - this involves me being asked if I fancy some rather random people...

And it can be embarrassing telling them as well.
  • Options
    Most of my friends come to me with problems , but not as much as they used to , i can speak to a few of my friends about anything , i find it easier to talk to the girls who ive known since pre-school most though!