Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I've been pickpocketed :(

I've been in London a few hours and ALREADY some thieving cunt has taken something out of my bag.

Thankfully it wasn't my purse, phone or iPod or anything.

Just a 7 day tube pass I bought for just over 22 quid :mad:

Had to buy another. Guy at ticket office said I could claim refund if I registered it. Nobody told me I could.

I hate this place. I want to go home :(

I was being fucking careful with my bag so don't understand how or when it happened.

Fucking thieving cunts.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :( Sorry to hear it...
    My friend's phone was stolen that way last week. It sucks.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It does suck.

What annoys me the most is that I only used it once.

To get from Euston to Oxford Circus. It was when I was going back that I noticed it was gone :(
  • Options
    are you sure it was pinched? would think they'd go for the phone or ipod. maybe you dropped it?
  • Options
    Yeah. I'm sure.

My phone, purse and ipod were under my scarf in my bag, right at the bottom.

I just placed this oyster card in the top of my bag.

When I realised it was gone, my bag was open. I remember closing my bag. I remember cuz I kept checking it.
  • Options
    Ironically it would have been a lot safer had it been in your pocket. When I have a tube/metro/bus/train/whatever ticket I always keep it in my pocket as it is a lot more difficult to drop, and I'm pretty sure I'd noticed if it was pinched.

But sorry to hear that Stacey, don't let it ruin your weekend! :thumb:
  • Options
    Hope you are okay :)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Ironically it would have been a lot safer had it been in your pocket. When I have a tube/metro/bus/train/whatever ticket I always keep it in my pocket as it is a lot more difficult to drop, and I'm pretty sure I'd noticed if it was pinched.

But sorry to hear that Stacey, don't let it ruin your weekend! :thumb:
    My railcard is in my pocket as is my NEW oyster card.

I'm gonna try and not let it ruin my weekend but tbh, I'm short on cash now.

On the way home, I was really panicky checking my bag and pockets all the time. I have a feeling I'm gonna be like it all weekend now :(

I'm just really pissed off. I'm just glad it wasn't any of my other things though.
  • Options
    I can understand being pissed off, I'd be fucking fuming. Unfortunately you get un-respectful little cunts like that in London just as you do in any other big city.
    No needc to take it out on London itself though, London rocks! :thumb: :razz:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    That sucks!

Really awful, those things are expensive. :( Hope your weekend starts looking up soon!
  • Options
    That's a pain. I had my wallet stolen last year right outside Uni / work / the Union (all on the same bit of the street) - that really annoyed me (you know, you're never careful when it's somewhere you know) and now I'm pretty well uber-paranoid in Central London, I always wear a bag that I can have my arm or hand over the opening of.

See you later, Stacey, I'll buy you a drink to cheer you up :)
  • Options
    are you sure it was pinched? would think they'd go for the phone or ipod. maybe you dropped it?
    I was thinking that. I swore I was pickpocketed once but when the police looked at CCTV it turned out that I dropped what was stolen.
    It's so crap when you lose/have something nicked, it's happened loads to me, so my condolences.
  • Options
    I've been in London a few hours and ALREADY some thieving cunt has taken something out of my bag.

Thankfully it wasn't my purse, phone or iPod or anything.

Just a 7 day tube pass I bought for just over 22 quid :mad:

Had to buy another. Guy at ticket office said I could claim refund if I registered it. Nobody told me I could.

I hate this place. I want to go home :(

I was being fucking careful with my bag so don't understand how or when it happened.

Fucking thieving cunts.
    Welcome to London.
  • Options
    London can be a bastard like that -

Never been pick pocketed myself, though did have an entertaining bus ride once when I saw the person opposite trying it so I kept kicking him everytime he put his hand in someone's else's pocket or bag.

...although to everyone else on the bus it probably just looked like I was randomly twatting someone in the shins out of boredom.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Never been pick pocketed myself, though did have an entertaining bus ride once when I saw the person opposite trying it so I kept kicking him everytime he put his hand in someone's else's pocket or bag.

Ha!

Stacey that sucks, don't let it ruin the weekeeeend!
    xxx.
  • Options
    I had £100 stolen from my bag at a party I went to with my family once, just an hour or so after being given it by my dad :(. It was really mad, 'cos we were surrounded by family friends who I've known for years.. never thought they could do a dodgy thing like that to a (then) 15 yr old girl.

Never found out who took it.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I had £100 stolen from my bag at a party I went to with my family once, just an hour or so after being given it by my dad :(. It was really mad, 'cos we were surrounded by family friends who I've known for years.. never thought they could do a dodgy thing like that to a (then) 15 yr old girl.

Never found out who took it.

Haven't had anything stolen for a long time, but i have forgotten and dropped many things in the past. :no: I can only blame myself for that though..
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:

...although to everyone else on the bus it probably just looked like I was randomly twatting someone in the shins out of boredom.

Yeah and it fucking hurt too. I was limping for weeks

Seriously, good work Jim V :thumb:
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    See you later, Stacey, I'll buy you a drink to cheer you up :)
    Ohhhhhhhhh, so thats why you offered to buy me a drink when I got there.

I thought you were just buying drinks for people so I said no thank you as you are a student like me and need to hang onto your pennies. I like to buy alot of my own stuff. Hahaha. Don't really let people buy me anything!

I should have taken up the offer now. Free alcohol :p
  • Options
    London is nothing compared to Barcelona which is comes to pickpockets

They're solid pro's over there when it comes to picking your pockets and they work in big gangs of people, 2 or 3 distract you whilst the other picks your pocket.
  • Options
    Ah, Beware the devilish skills of the "Artful Dodgers" in old London Town!
  • Options
    When i was in the Wetherspoons opposite Victoria a couple of years ago I had my bag pickpocketed - and it was between my feet, as it always is. They took my mobile and my debit card out of my purse, and put my purse back so that i didn't realise it was gone.

They're seriously pro.
  • Options
    *nods*

They are indeed.

I was being extra careful. I don't know how they did it.

I can't wait to go back home in 8 hours time. I hate London.
  • Options
    *nods*

They are indeed.

I was being extra careful. I don't know how they did it.

I can't wait to go back home in 8 hours time. I hate London.

I can't wait for you to be home! I'm so nosy, I love reading your LJ entries! Haha.
    xxx.
  • Options
    You don't hate London, really, I'll convert you ;)

And, yes, I would have bought you a drink!
  • Options
    Stace arent you coming again to London to meet Mick and Aindrea? I'm suuure you were.

Piccolo I'm in your sig :D yay!
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I can't wait for you to be home! I'm so nosy, I love reading your LJ entries! Haha.
    xxx.
    I arrived home not long ago.

I've got loaddddsss to say so a LJ entry shall come sooonnn. :)
    piccolo wrote:
    You don't hate London, really, I'll convert you

And, yes, I would have bought you a drink!

Oh poo. I should have accepted the offer at the time.
    Rachael wrote:
    Stace arent you coming again to London to meet Mick and Aindrea? I'm suuure you were.

I am indeed. I am meeting them both on January 3rd and staying till 8pm the next day. You should come too (I was meant to invite you anyways, Mick doesn't know I'm inviting you but me & Aindrea have been talking about it)
  • Options
    Lol he knows :p

Apparently I'm spending New Years with them but I dunoooo. Can't think that far ahead! Yeah we gotta take Aindrea shopping. I wanna get her something British-y too.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:

:lol:
  • Options
    i don't think i've had anything nicked before

we had our car smashed into and mums bag stolen at a park, they were driving away just as we were walking back up too

Also had the back wiper nicked before....but they put the bolt back on, how kind of them.

My dad had his wallet pinched by builders at a posh hotel, then they tried to buy a designer watch with his card. They were caught and dad got a free weekend there. Worth it really lol.
  • Options
    London is nothing compared to Barcelona which is comes to pickpockets

They're solid pro's over there when it comes to picking your pockets and they work in big gangs of people, 2 or 3 distract you whilst the other picks your pocket.

yeah my stepdad had his wallet pickpocketed when he was in barcelona, luckily it didnt have much in it, just money for the day and even then my mum had spare cash on her, but when he got on the bus to go back to the hotel, there were quite a few other people who had the same done to them.