Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

christmas!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it implies that someone who spends less is not generous.

I totally agree! I know I am spoilt and I dearly appreciate my parents.

Plus my tv broke a couple of weeks ago and I am going mad without one!
    Money, Take That's new album and DVD.
    My TV broke two years ago and we're having to cope with an old knackered one from my grandma.

:grump:

Could job the only thing on the telly I watch is Match of the Day.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    it implies that someone who spends less is not generous.

I didn't mean it that way at all. Perhaps generous was the wrong word then.

*shrugs*
    I didn't mean it that way at all. Perhaps generous was the wrong word then.

*shrugs*

i didn't mean it like that! :no:

well i did, but not in a nasty way.
    Kate1 wrote:
    My mum has one of those body clock things with the sunlight. It's bloody amazing and I'd have one if I could afford one. Great for people with SAD or people who just hate getting up in the dark.

For christmas I've asked for a Creative Zen, but I'll be having it in Jan instead when the sales are on.

I know I've already got; a silver bracelet, a black n white damask bedset, damask 'paint your own canvas block', socks lol and a few other things I've actually forgotten about.

My mum buys me things for christmas when we're out shopping together, so I can have more say in what I get and there'll be less disappointment.
    Nintendo Wii :)

The only gaming system built for Geordies.

Way-aye...
    My mum buys me things for christmas when we're out shopping together, so I can have more say in what I get and there'll be less disappointment.

:confused:

You know what you are getting, have been there when it's bought... so how can you not be disappointed on Xmas morning when you know everything that already under the tree?

Way to squeeze the whole point of Christmas out of it.

More say in what you get? Christ, the thought of even asking for something specific for Christmas makes me feel uncomfy.

If somebody asks I usually just grunt and say whatever really, and I can't remember being disappointed with my lot at the end of Christmas Day, certainly not in my adult life anyway.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've not really felt that Christmassy surprise thing for years either... People just give me money most of the time.
    My mum and grandma always want to know exactly what I want, my grandma in particular pesters me quite early on so that she doesn't have to go into the shops when it's busy. Mind you, my mum does most of the shopping for her now! I usually write a list of all the things I've wanted for a while but can't really afford - a new pair of trainers and a new belt for example. Smaller things as well for random obscure relatives (when they ask), so usually vouchers.
    I honestly have no idea what I would like. My Dad asked if I would like a CD player for my car, which would be lovely so I'm probably getting that from him and his partner. It does take the surprise out of it a bit, but seeing as he I'm going to have to get it fitted in he thought it best to ask me in advance. I'll probably get loads of silly crap that cost about 50p as well, which is always fun :D

Other than that, I don't know really. I wouldn't mind a steamer or a george forman grill. Although it wasn't a Christmas present, I was given a car earlier this year, so I'm not expecting much for Christmas/Birthdays for about the next 10 years :p
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Bri-namite wrote:

More say in what you get? Christ, the thought of even asking for something specific for Christmas makes me feel uncomfy.

If somebody asks I usually just grunt and say whatever really, and I can't remember being disappointed with my lot at the end of Christmas Day, certainly not in my adult life anyway.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Yes, I may ask what people want for Christmas (particularly my parents as I am not around them much anymore) but I don't expect a list with catalogue numbers or whatever. I just like ideas so that I can get an idea of what they are into at the moment and the sorts of things they would appreciate. I don't like the idea of telling people what I want, exactly, down to the colour. I like the element of surprise. Always have, always will :)

Same also goes for birthdays / anniversaries / other occasions.
    I could have sworn i replied to this thread earlier ! I'm losing my marbles.

I don't want nothin' that is bought with money for christmas.

Nah i want more than that.
    Jesus, don't ask me that question!

I want a dog, a new bed, new clothes, new trainers, new shoes, new bedroom furniture, a new widescreen tv, a home cinema system, a new hifi, money.

Not a lot really :rolleyes:
    Bri-namite wrote:

not really.

if left to their own devices, some people might get me something i don't want/like or need.
    1. Jack Daniels
    2. Sexual Treats
    3. Clothes

In that order...1 always leads to 2 anyway.. he he
    but minus the clothes!
    i know, i haven't even been out! i was up till 1:30am yesterday too.

i went in my housemates room just before 12 to tell her about my nightmare from the night before and we were chatting for over an hour and a half!
    yeh it was strange. i was with my ex in this house and i remember being like where am i?! and being really confused. we were in this bedroom and going to have sex but he was muttering something about some bedsheets. so we had sex and then the next thing i remember i'm in his kitchen wearing someones dressing gown and doing the dishes and again thinking i don't know where i am..! next thing i know he leaves the kitchen and comes back, stands behind me and gives me a cuddle. i'm like is that *****? (his gf) and he said yes. so i was like oh my god realising they must live together and legged it out of the back door and cowered somewhere. i saw through the door that she walked into the kitchen and gave him the sort of kiss that a wife gives her husband when she gets back from work-like a little peck. then she comes out to the back garden and i woke up!

i won't be telling him about that one. :lol:
    My neighbor was moaning because I was putting my lights up.

Today the lights go on in my town centre, we have got the x-factor dropouts signing as well for the second year running.
    HIT wrote:
    My neighbor was moaning because I was putting my lights up.

It's too early to put them up ffs. What's wrong with waiting until the beginning of December?
    Homewrecker!

:D
    Sofie wrote:
    It's too early to put them up ffs. What's wrong with waiting until the beginning of December?
    Your opinion "ffs".. If you dont like it you no what you can do. :)

:rolleyes:
    jesus calm down.

she's right though, why do people put their decorations up so early?

i was in accessorize yesterday and i heard my first christmas song. :D
    jesus calm down.

he's right though, why do people put their decorations up so early?

i was in accessorize yesterday and i heard my first christmas song. :D
    Because its a month till christmas.
    I don't understand why people put their decs up so early, other than to stupidly compete with the neighbours! I mean, when we have a birthday we don't get the balloons and banners out months before, do we? Or do some of you?!!
    HIT wrote:
    Because its a month till christmas.

you just made my point there. :thumb:
    We always put our decorations up 12 days before Christmas, and then 12 days after, we take 'em down.

I can't wait to put the star on the tree.

Yes, I know I'm 23 but I've always done it, ok?
    Violette wrote:
    i want clothing and a boyfriend. kpls.

You free to chat for about an hour? Then I really need to gut my room then I'm youuuurs.
    <3
    xxx.