Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

X Factor 2006!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had a dream last night where Simon said they were fantastic :lol:
    Glittery wrote:
    And Girls Aloud.

Yes and Girls Aloud. See they lasted that long that I actually forgotten where they started.
    Been sorta listening and watching here, who's the dude with the long hair? He was the best by a long shot.
    Yet again the MacDonald's sadly were shit. As was Ray. Can't see what people see in that boy.
    The were even worse than usual tonight.
    They [MacDonalds] are just so bad. Feel sorry for them. No amount of anything is going to help them. They're surely gone tonight !? ..
    They are the only Scottish act left now so they might get more votes NOOOOOOOOO!!
    Eton Road and Ray will be the bottom two, I reckon. Don't think they should be, mind.

McDonald Brothers aren't shit, really. They hit all the right notes at the right time and the harmonies are always just right. The problem is that they sing exactly what's written on the score and there's just no feeling or emotion in it. They're nice and easy to listen to, they just don't have the star quality of some of the others. I can't imagine that many people would actually go out and buy a single by them.
    Grrr what is wrong with the UK keeping those 2 in grrr.
    Eton Road have to stay!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Hmmmmm.

Strange.
    lea_uk wrote:
    Grrr what is wrong with the UK keeping those 2 in grrr.

That is just what I was thinking :yeees:
    Oh. My :eek2: What a result!
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Been sorta listening and watching here, who's the dude with the long hair? He was the best by a long shot.

:yes: That's Ben. I love him.

I CAN'T believe the MacDonald Brothers got saved AGAIN!! What the fuck?!
    They should of went tonight. Not Robert - I'm gutted :(
    This is the first time ive ventured into this thread and read some of the replies..

Are we even watching the same show?

Eton road - fucking shit. Watching them trying to hit high notes was cringeworthy and they dont even bode well together as a group because they all seem to be singing different songs.

Ray - Good voice, not good for X-factor though because he's most definately a broadway singer

Leona - Fantastic artist and should win the whole thing imo

Ben - Good voice & style, I think he needs to tone the whole rocker thing though and concentrate on hitting actual notes not just shouting words in parts.

ronald mcdonald brothers or whatever - The blond one has a pretty decent voice, not particually strong but he hits the right key most of the time. The other one however just seems to sing random lines of the song in random places in completely the wrong tone to match his brothers.

Robert - Ok so he's gone now, and rightly so. If you're going to sing a song in front of an audience at least learn the words to it first mate!
    I think that's what makes Ben brilliant though. His gorgeous husky voice and that rock look about him. T'is a chance for XFactor.

Robert has a beauitful voice. Always gets me smiling when I hear him sing. I'm gutted he got kicked out. And what ya mean, he needs to learn the words? Did I miss something tonight?

I love Eton Road, simply cause they're fun to watch and even though, yeah they go out of tune sometimes due to nerves I'm sure. I still think they're fab.
    God the Macdonald Brothers are still in there, Robert was so much better. It's time Scotland stopped voting for them.
    Robert jumbled around the words of the song a bit by accident i'm guessing.
    Quite a few times he sang the 1st bit of a line then finished with the last bit of a different line.
    Eton road look like cheeky little fuckers that need a slap.
    LacyMay wrote:
    God the Macdonald Brothers are still in there, Robert was so much better. It's time Scotland stopped voting for them.

Not all of Scotland is voting for them. I certainly am not :(

Well all i know is no one in England is :p
    I'm Scottish, i'm not voting for the MacDonald's !

Robert going though .. now thats a shock.
    You're in excile, you dont count :p

I think Anthony is letting Eton Road down, the other 3 do/look so much better without him.

I thought Ray was good tonight. Ben wasnt so good in my opinion, Im bored with him, Mariah too.
    I know - I know

Who the hell are voting for them?! Robert should not of went. MacDonlads are just a joke. No offence to the lads, but they are. They have no hope in hell in surviving after X-Factor is over.

But again I must say Ben is gorgeous. And I just love his voice. :heart:
    LacyMay wrote:
    Well all i know is no one in England is :p
    I reckon they are getting the sympathy vote rather than the Scottish vote. The Scottish vote would've kept in Nikitta and Kerry too.

I also think they are getting votes in order to piss off Simon. Simon slates them each week, Mr Nasty then gets more pissed off when MB stay in. Public love his angry / pissed off / surprised face. This has something to do with it too.

I'd be intrigued to see what happens if there is a Ray / MB bottom 2. Sharon doesn't rate Ray at all really. Who would she keep?
    Glittery wrote:
    You're in excile, you dont count :p

I think that is just mean :(

I will always be Scottish at heart :p
    We got the x-factor dropouts turning the lights on up my town center this afternoon.
    HIT wrote:
    We got the x-factor dropouts turning the lights on up my town center this afternoon.

We had them at Meadowhall last week. I'm sure I heard it was Louis Walsh with The Unconventionals. How boring.
    We had them at Meadowhall last week. I'm sure I heard it was Louis Walsh with The Unconventionals. How boring.
    Just went up there, it was crap but there was a very good looking women from x factor...

Blonde, short ring any bells?
    what did robert say to simon at the end?

couldnt quite get it...
    I thought Ray was TERRIBLE last night. Proper crap. Eton Road were just as bad. Seriously, Anthony should stop pretending he can sing high notes, cause he really can't.

Leona and Ben are the only ones left that can REALLY sing. Robert was pretty good last night though, he shouldn't have went.

I can't believe Louis turned on the waterworks. I nearly cried, bless. :p
    What's the theme this week if there's one?