Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

It seems so appealing...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Two packets of paracetmol and a bottle of black Smirnoff.

Problems sorted !

Why cant i stop feeling like this?

:banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Have you told your doctor how you are feeling?
  • Options
    No, i kind of see that as making things worse.

Everything that comes with involving others.

:thumb:
  • Options
    How would it make it worse?
    What can be worse that wanting to kill yourself? Apart from actually doing it?
  • Options
    Dont kid yourself, that is a nasty way to get very sick, not an easy way to top yourself.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    Dont kid yourself, that is a nasty way to get very sick, not an easy way to top yourself.
    ^^^^^x2
    Alot of people dont end up topping themselves but a lifetime of organ failure instead. Seek medical help if you feel this way, good luck.
  • Options
    Trust me... It's not worth it.

I tried it with a lot more than that, and just felt shit for four days. I couldn't eat a thing, and couldn't move at all. The pain was unbearable, i wish i had died rather than feel like that.

You can get through this. After i tried, a friend rang the docs to get me seen. I ended up opening up and got tablets. I don't feel any better up to now, but it could work for you.
  • Options
    Maybe we can help, what is it thats causing you to feel this way?
  • Options
    I cant even begin to start with why I feel this way. I guess i dont even know myself.

So many different reasons, I dont even know if there is one reason why i feel this way or a combination of many reasons.

It may sounds strange, but the only way i can describe it, is that i feel hollow inside, ie nothing inside me. Its as if my body is just an empty shell with absoutly nothing within it.

I also dont look forward to anything, I never think about the future because i always imagine i dont have one, quite simply there really isnt anything i wanna stick around for. That may sound wrong or bad, but its the truth and the way i feel.

I dont recall anytime in my life when i have been a happy person, but its been about 2 years now since i been feeling things are getting worse.

Whenever i look for an answer I always come to the same conclusion that there is only one way out and it would solve everything. Strange i know, but my mind doesnt work in the usual way. :D

• Options
    That's only because you choose to ignore the very real and very helpful advice that people give you.

It's a good way to knacker your liver, but not a good way to die. As I'm sure you know really.
  • Options
    can you think ofaything that coincided with you starting to feel like this 2years ago. I know you sa it is a culmination of things too. Was there anything that really sticks out?
  • Options
    I went to live in London, and ended up on my own.

But there is so many other issues, Money, Sex, Relationship with family/ friends and Work to name a few.

I been uphappy for ages, and sometimes it just feels really painful, That i want the pain to end, (imagine this pain being with you 24/7) any reasonable person would want it to end.
  • Options
    End it how?

By killing yourself?

By supressing the pain momentarilly and ultimately making it worse?
  • Options
    Remember - if you kill yourself (or at least try) you're going to affect lives of the people close to you.

Is there anyone you can talk to about your problems?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Remember - if you kill yourself (or at least try) you're going to affect lives of the people close to you. quote]

I know, even though i feel like shit I dont want to hurt anyone, my mums had her fair share of shit latley.

I wish so much i didnt feel like this and was just normal.... but i do and i cant help it!

Im trying to avoid talking with people who know me. Im very aware of anything i say. I dont want people to know how im feeling because of the implications this may have.

The quieter I keep things, the more chance i have of getting my life back to normal. I dont want to end up on medication, or have information kept on my medical records, cos this could effect my life long after the shit feelings have gone.

It may sound 'fucked' but in some strange way im trying to protect myself ( i have no idea why )

• Options
    as people have said if you killed yourself you would hurt other people. my fiances brother killed himself last year and it caused immense pain to a lot of people and still is. get help!
  • Options
    +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    The quieter I keep things, the more chance i have of getting my life back to normal. I dont want to end up on medication, or have information kept on my medical records, cos this could effect my life long after the shit feelings have gone.

Hi Calvin

I'm really sorry to hear you feel like this. I can only repeat what other users have said - that you deserve to find some help and get through a hard time. Please don't worry about information ending up on your medical records - that you've seen a counsellor or taken medication won't negatively affect your future.

You've taken a step to post your worries on the boards. But, try to avoid hiding your feelings. Talk to your mum, your loved ones, your doctor, a counsellor - whoever you think can best listen to your feelings and help you figure out how to feel better.

Here's a reply to an askTheSite user from someone feeling suicidal, which you might find helpful. You might try ringing the Samaritans 24-hour helpline on 08457 90 90 90 to chat to someone, or email jo@samaritans.org.

Keep letting us know how you're doing. All our best.

~Kirsten
  • Options
    thanks Kirsten,

Apreciated

• Options
    Having been one of the people left behind after someones commited suicide, please don't put yourself and you family through it.
    There is a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just you can't see it at the moment.
    Ramble out all the things that you think could possibly have added to you feeling like this if it helps and we will listen.
  • Options
    the fact that your trying to protect yourself by not seeing a doctor shows that somewhere inside you is a will to live and have a future grab onto that and get some help even if its just talking to people here on thesite...
  • Options
    Paracetamol is a horrible horrible way to die.
  • Options
    Hey,

For a long time I felt how you feel, I felt like an empty shell, I had no sense of hope, excitement, happiness, joy, adrenaline, I was simply going through the motions of everyday life. i felt numb, hollow, like a shell. I was away at University so it was easy to hide it away from my parents but it wasn't so easy to hide from my friends, especially when they caught me trying to swallow packets of paracetamol after a very large night out drinking all my problems away. I instead went to see a doctor and talked to him for a long while. He offered me antidepressants but I refused because I'm not really a believer in those sorts of things. Instead I started opening up, I went to see a counsellor and got a new job in charity work whih involved meeting lots and lots of new people and helping the world, focusing on things like child abuse and children who have disabilities. It helped me put my life in perspective and when I finished the job I started on thinking more about why i felt the way I did and how I could fix it. I am so much better now, I sometimes have days where I feel shit again but I talk to a trusted friend about how I feel and just get everything out of me. I write a journal so horrible feelings don't stay in me, they all pour out instead. I really hope you get through this. Suicide is not an option. You were chosen to live your life on this earth, think of all the million sperm who could have fertilised the ova. Each life is precious, don;t waste yours. :wave:
  • Options
    nicolalou wrote:
    Hey,

For a long time I felt how you feel, I felt like an empty shell, I had no sense of hope, excitement, happiness, joy, adrenaline, I was simply going through the motions of everyday life. i felt numb, hollow, like a shell. I was away at University so it was easy to hide it away from my parents but it wasn't so easy to hide from my friends, especially when they caught me trying to swallow packets of paracetamol after a very large night out drinking all my problems away. I instead went to see a doctor and talked to him for a long while. He offered me antidepressants but I refused because I'm not really a believer in those sorts of things. Instead I started opening up, I went to see a counsellor and got a new job in charity work whih involved meeting lots and lots of new people and helping the world, focusing on things like child abuse and children who have disabilities. It helped me put my life in perspective and when I finished the job I started on thinking more about why i felt the way I did and how I could fix it. I am so much better now, I sometimes have days where I feel shit again but I talk to a trusted friend about how I feel and just get everything out of me. I write a journal so horrible feelings don't stay in me, they all pour out instead. I really hope you get through this. Suicide is not an option. You were chosen to live your life on this earth, think of all the million sperm who could have fertilised the ova. Each life is precious, don;t waste yours. :wave:

Thats a great piece, it really made me think about the situation Im in. Really pleased for you, I hope i can sort myself out like you have.

Cheers All :thumb:
  • Options
    nicolalou wrote:
    think of all the million sperm who could have fertilised the ova.

Classic.
  • Options
    +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    That's a wonderful story, nicolalou - thanks for sharing. :)