Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

muse 2006 tour

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
has anyone seen muse yet? I saw them on Sunday in Cardiff and they were AWESOME!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    No but i would bloody love to! I've really taken to their latest album and only recently realised how good some of their older songs are!
  • Options
    Nah never really been a fan of Muse
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    No but i would bloody love to! I've really taken to their latest album and only recently realised how good some of their older songs are!

Yea I tend to do that with bands, get into them once all tickets have sold out!

Muse were great though, really good show. Just wondering other peoples' opinions...
  • Options
    still looking to see them somehow

id rather they did more old stuff than new stuff tho! whats the old to new ratio like? :d
  • Options
    I seen them a few years ago, amazing band live but not really into their music, they've got a few good tunes like.
  • Options
    Off to see them tomorrow night at the arena in Newcastle.

Can't wait :yippe:

There are still over 100 tickets left.
  • Options
    well newcastle is a bit of a trek for me the train would be way too expensive :(

sure itll be a great night though :D
  • Options
    It would have been a fantastic night if they hadn't mimed the first 35 minutes of the gig.

If I wanted to listen to a recording of them whilst watching some pretty flashing moving pictures I could have stayed at home and turned the telly on and off repeatedly.
  • Options
    :shocking:

I can't believe that... I spose it's not something you would say unless you really thought it was true, but they 100% have the talent to do amazing live performances without any extra help, so I don't understand why they would mime :confused:

probly the record company being cocks if anything.
  • Options
    The last hour of the gig was sang live, it was just the first six songs which were mimed- it was plastic and he hit ever single note perfect. They didn't even mime very well, and its a shame Starlight was one of the songs mimed.

I can understand why they may have done it, its a long tour and his range isn't an easy one to sing, and if his voice is a bit down I'd rather he mimed a few songs than cancel the entire concert.

But still, I didn't expect that, and it did piss me off a bit. We were the only ones who seemed to notice, though.
  • Options
    you should be pissed off tbh... muse have pretty expensive gigs and you expect not to be disappointed, especially with their live reputation... listening to the cd out of big amps sounds like bollocks, theres a better quality to real live music that you dont get anywhere else.

nevermind :( maybe there was a geniune problem but it;d be nice if they at least would've mentioned it.
  • Options
    that is gutting, especially as they've got a pretty good rep for their live perfromance. I saw them in Cardiff, but as far as I could tell it was all live
  • Options
    My friend saw them when they were in Manchester I think last weekend. She said they were incredible. No reports of miming though she may not have noticed.
  • Options
    I wish i was there just to hear the "Plug in Baby" tune live!!!!
    Sounds awesome enough in my car...