Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Call Centre Interview - Help! !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya, How are you?

Well, I'm currently looking for a new job.
Things aint been going so well as I never seem to do well in me interviews. I either get tongue tied, or I ramble on soo much, I don't even answer the question properly and I think sometimes the person who asks me the question, starts to wonder what they hell they asked me to begin with as I go off track very easily.

ANYWAYS...

I just got a call about half hour ago asking me to come in tomorrow for an interview tomorrow and asking me in I was successful would I be able to start immediately as they are looking for someone to start on Monday. They seem to be desperate. Hey! I don't mind. If it means I get a job out of this.

It's for a Call Centre as a Customer Care Agent for Play.Com. Basically my job would consist of me answering phone calls and e-mails.

My point to this thread is, anyone who has done interviews for call centres; could ya give me some advice? Or maybe could warn me what questions they ask?

I understand everyone would get different questions. I'm just liking for an idea as I never done an interview for a call centre job.

Many Thanks Guys :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Usually ask about times when you've had moaning customers and how you dealt with them, times when you went out of your way to help a customer, stuff like that.

Try and let them know that you've got good teamwork skills aswell - call centres always ask about that.

Good luck with it :)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Good teamwork and confidence on the phone will be the main things.
    Yeah, it'll be a focus on good customer care, dealing with upset or angry customers, situations where you've had to calm things down, or explains omething complicated. There will probably be some stuff about confidentiality and handling money since your likely to be hearing credit card numbers, putting the customer first is always important.

Given it's play.com as well you may be looking at some questions around really low level knowledge of things like ordering from other regions, why disc's don't work on some players and most of all explaining about custom duties that have been charged on products from the US.

The main thing to stress is probably that you're nice, pleasant to talk to, but not too chatty, and can understand problems from the customer's perspective whilst bearing in mind the policies of play.com.
    Might also suggest checking out our interview advice or body language at interviews podcast or the podcast on interviews
    I worked in a call centre once, my interview lasted about a whole 4 seconds though and the only question i got asked was can you start tonight?
    Well went for me interview.
    Had to do a test call. They put me in a room with a computer and phone. I had 3 things on the computer. Website of the clothes that was for sale, a payment form I had to fill out and a word document. She give left me in the room on my own and she said she would call in 10mins, to give me a chance to read over everything. So I took the order then after the call I had to write an e-mail to the customer confirming everything she had ordered.

After that, the two girls came in to give me my interview. Asked the usual questions. Give example of when I had to deal with awkward customer - when I give great customer service - when I had to hit targets, etc.

Anyways, after the test call. They asked if I would be interested in applying for expedia instead as it's more money as they think I would be more suited to that. I of course said yes. However there is more training involved. But I don't mind that.

They said they'd call today to let me know if I am sucessful.

They Called!! I Got The Job!! I'm all happy. So over-whelmed by it all, as I had such bad luck with me other interviews, I was seriously lacking self-confidence.

Start on Monday!! I'm well chuffed. Thanks for the info guys :D
    Congrats!! :D
    Well done! :thumb: