Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

X Factor 2006!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Gutted Nikitta went, as much as I liked Ray, Im getting bored with Swing. Everyone is getting predictable though, I hate how Leona Mariah Carey's every song she sings, I hate how Eton Road camp it up every week.

Did anyone see the Xtra Factor after the show? Sharon was going mental! Next weeks theme should be a good'un.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    Gutted Nikitta went, as much as I liked Ray, Im getting bored with Swing. Everyone is getting predictable though, I hate how Leona Mariah Carey's every song she sings, I hate how Eton Road camp it up every week.

agree with that

every1s slaggin ray off for doin the same thing every week, but so does ben, leona and every1 else!
  • Options
    Haha, I just watched this.

What in God's name was that middle part in Eton Road's performance. They (well, Louis, I suspect) is so, so desperate to capitalise on the weird-looking/acting one that he continues to give him solo and bizarre harmonising parts despite his voice actually being quite weak. If he had had the beautiful falsetto of an angel I could maybe have understood the weird arrangement and inclusion of that, but instead I just ended up being mortified for him. To top it all, his crawling to Simon Cowell after his comments turned my stomach and I hate the way he kind of trails behind the other three while they're camping it up all over the stage (and audience). It's safe to say I really, really dislike Eton Road... and I hate when quirkiness and oddity is celebrated in music for the sake of being quirky and odd rather than, well, any good.

I am gutted that Nikkita went, she was my favourite and I think Simon has really really let her down through his song choices. Why on earth he chose that cheesy, unlikeable disco-dancing number on Love Songs night I will never understand. My remaining favourite is Robert, so I hope he keeps doing well, I think he is the mutt's nuts.

I started to wonder last night if Leona is a bit... slow, or whether she's quite disingenuous. She performs fantastically and her voice is very strong (which I can appreciate even though it's not my kind of vocal) but off-stage I'm not so sure about her. Not that that should matter of course as this is solely a talent contest (riiight? ha ha ha).
  • Options
    So when x factor finally finished?
  • Options
    Final is on December 16th.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:

Did anyone see the Xtra Factor after the show? Sharon was going mental! Next weeks theme should be a good'un.

You can't expect everyone to do something completely different EVERY week though. Think about famous artists, they all have a style and they all sing every song in that style. I don't get why Simon had a go at Ray for his "Swing Factor". Yeah, it's getting boring, but EVERYONE is doing the same thing. If you watched your fave band sing someone elses song every week for a few months, they'd probably bore you too.

I reckon people expect too much of them. They're there to sing how THEY sing, they're not there to sing in a different style each week.
  • Options
    The problem with Ray is that he isn't a good singer, at least he hasn't proven himself to be and no one is going to push him to prove it as long as he's spinning around and grinning like a maniac. It is very easy to belt out a passable performance of a swing/big band song without actually having the pipes to sing something more vocally challenging. That's why he pisses me off.

That's not to mention the fact that he is also your typical, churned-out, mechanical, over confident and slightly disturbing stage school product which doesn't equate to anything like having the X Factor. Boys like him are ten a penny, and as one of the judges said last night he won't be a big seller. I nearly vomited when he was wiggling his arse in his second performance. He should never, ever attempt anything remotely sexy.

I was surprised to find out just how many of this year's contestants have a fair amount of stage schooling and previous professional experience in their pasts, they definitely seem to hush that up.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    He should never, ever attempt anything remotely sexy.

Ahaha, that is true! He's like a miniature Grandpa or something.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    The problem with Ray is that he isn't a good singer
    i think he has a really nice voice though. hes only young though, of course he's not going to pull off sexy.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    hes only young though, of course he's not going to pull off sexy.

Right, that's true enough. Obviously I can't see into the future but I don't ever see anyone ever throwing their undies at him in a fit of sexual pique [other than possibly my Aunty Doreen and her cronies].

His voice is passable; obviously that's good enough in a lot of people's opinions (also looking at the nutters who vote for the charisma and talent black-hole that is the MacDonald brothers) but I like my singers to actually be able to sing... and well. Though that's probably asking a lot from the X Factor. He performs fantastically, he'd be perfect for musical theatre (or a Vegas sideshow act if he was American) but he's no pop star imo.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    He performs fantastically, he'd be perfect for musical theatre (or a Vegas sideshow act if he was American) but he's no pop star imo.

True. It hurts me to watch him, though.

Bring back Shayne! :heart:
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    Final is on December 16th.
    So another month. :grump:
  • Options
    Anyone know what next weeks theme is then?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Anyone know what next weeks theme is then?
    Number ones :yes:
  • Options
    OMG I LOVE RAY!!! LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM but hes my age and i more fancy him than think he has great talent. He is great to watch and yeah theatre may be more for him. But hes so darn cute! I did like Nikkita, cant believe she went and bloody mcdonalds shitty brothers stayed!! Oh well. Leona to win. and ray to marry me :P :P saying that i still wouldn't turn down richard fleeshman fwoa!
  • Options
    ^_^ wrote:
    You can't expect everyone to do something completely different EVERY week though. Think about famous artists, they all have a style and they all sing every song in that style. I don't get why Simon had a go at Ray for his "Swing Factor". Yeah, it's getting boring, but EVERYONE is doing the same thing. If you watched your fave band sing someone elses song every week for a few months, they'd probably bore you too.

I reckon people expect too much of them. They're there to sing how THEY sing, they're not there to sing in a different style each week.
    Ok, put it this way then, I dont think there's a market out there for a 17 year old Frank Sinatra wannabe. Surely people need to show they're more than a one trick pony?

Biggest duffer of the night award though needs to go to big old Julio, he was awful, and what was with him keeping his eyes shut and groping himself? Nearly made me chunder my dinner :eek:
  • Options
    Who the hell is voting for the Macdonald Brothers? Even them talking sends me to sleep.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Who the hell is voting for the Macdonald Brothers?
    Me :cool:
  • Options
    Pinch of salt required, as always with NoTW.

Click me

:chin:
  • Options
    Ray makes my skin crawl, not least coz he looks just like Eddie out of the Munsters.
  • Options
    http://xfactorblogging.spaces.live.com/
    As much as i think Ben is fantastic I have to say the song he's singing is a bit predictable.
  • Options
    I wish to fuck Eton Road would stop trying so hard to be quirky.

I hope Robert or Ray get bye byed.
  • Options
    I love Ben and Leona.

Hmm, who do I not like, Hmmm... lets see...

The MacDonald Brothers!!! I mean what the hell?! How the hell have they lasted this long. They have no chance in winning. T'is a joke they are still in it. Sorry, but it's true.

For once, lets have someone win the competition who has a realistic chance in selling albums AFTER X-Factor is done and dusted.

Seems to be out of all the 'Winners' Will Young is the only one that has done well.
  • Options
    The MacDonald Brothers have to go tomorrow.
  • Options
    Aw, Robert singing You Are Not Alone should be cool :D

I think I'll be cringing through every other performance.
  • Options
    Seems to be out of all the 'Winners' Will Young is the only one that has done well.
    And Girls Aloud.

Im looking forward to it tonight, some good songs for a change.

The MacDonald Brothers - Love is all Around
    Eton Road - I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’
    Ben - With a Little Help From My Friends
    Robert - You Are Not Alone
    Leona - Bridge Over Troubled Water
    Ray - Livin’ La Vida Loca
  • Options
    Parts of Eton Road's performance were terrible but I still love them.
  • Options
    Have the MacDonald Brother's sang yet?
  • Options
    If they have what did the judges say?
  • Options
    No they haven't hehe.