Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weird blister spot thing

I will be in big trouble if caught discussing this, but I've been searching all manner of weird word combinations (like the one in my title) on google to no avail. Basically my OH has this weird thing on his head, and despite him not caring at all I'm starting to get quite worried about it. It started out at the start of last week looking like your garden variety spot, went down a bit last weekend and then erupted with a vengance into this (rather large) fluid filled lump. From the very limited amount of probing I've been allowed to do it feels like a blister, but obviously his shoes haven't been rubbing there and also it is deeper within the skin than a blister is. Apparently it is very tender and hurts to touch, so I have been slapping on all my usual home remedies and none have worked. I had a notion that it might be some bizarre strain of the cold sore virus, but nothing online has really confirmed my fears (as that isn't a virus I want in my house).

Anyone ever had anything like this? Any advice? Obviously, if it isn't gone after the weekend I'm going to drag him over to the doctors, though I am considering trying to persuade him to go to the walk-in clinic. It's not weeping or crusty or anything like that but it is a bit unsightly and I wouldn't want to be walking around with it. I've honestly never seen anything like it, and I am the queen of squeezing and ogling people's spots and deformities :p
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it sounds like a cyst to me.
    if the fucker won't burst then its real far under the skin, does it hurt
    you tried sudocrem?
    Oh yes, sudocrem is my cure-all, so was the first thing I tried :D But you have good taste in topical creams!

When he gets in I might ask him if I can lance it since it doesn't appear to be a blood blister. I would've done it already or even squeezed it but it is really far under the skin. Have done all sorts of hot compresses etc. I even likened it to the second head in How to Get Ahead in Advertising the other day, which didn't go down well :razz:
    Where on his head?

I get spots on the back of my head/neck on the hairline which are apparently just big versions of your bog standard spot, they feel like they've got fluid in and IF I leave them alone they eventually disappear.

Ingrown hair? Although those usually hurt.
    could be an ingown hair or a cyst

try a hot needle. or germolene.
    It's on his forehead, at the side. It doesn't stick out a mile or anything but it looks like he's fallen over pissed and got an egg on his head or similar, ha. But that's why I don't think it's an ingrown hair, it seems to be a spot that got aggravated but it isn't showing any signs of disappearing and in my vast knowledge of spots they usually show signs of buggering off within a week max.

I just sterilised a needle and emerged from the bathroom with the TCP. Have been told to "fuck away off" :razz:
    In the nicesy way possible I'd say the same!

How about dragging him to doctor/nurse/Minor Injuries/Walk In at some point? Bribe him!
    No need to go anywhere now, I finally got my [very clean] paws on it. I thought I was going to drown in plasma and it was pretty gross but I packed it out nicely and all seems well. Only downside is that it has meant no night out tonight :grump:

Just so's you all know, haha.
    nice!
    You're just jealous of my glam Friday night in performing minor surgery, aren't you? :p
    sounds more exciting than mine! i've got tummy ache and i've been reading about community development and elderly victims of crime. mind you i find the latter quite interesting.

did it hurt him? did you take any pictures? :D
    Why do you find that interesting, I wonder :chin: Plans to do over some grannies for their pensions? :D

I did take a shitload of photos over the week, charting the life story of this strange growth. Must upload them, and then maybe I could make them into some kind of flick book...
    i'm sure he'd love that!