Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

silliest thing!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walked out of the house this morning in order to catch the bus. I went through my pockets (coat ones anyway) and couldn't find my phone. So, anyway I ran back to the house to get it. Couldn't find it. Got on the bus and went to work and found my phone in my trouser pocket...
  • Options
    Yesterday I was using my laptop to look some stuff up online and I was also taking notes by hand whilst reading it. Then I suddenly thought "where is my laptop?!" and looked round the room. Haha. Retarded moment.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I picked up my straighteners at the wrong end today. The hot end. (They'd been on, at 200 degrees for about an hour). Yet I still held on to the bastards fir a good few seconds.

Needless to say, my hand kills.

One of the girls at work did that three times in as many months, and she had to go to a&e at least once. I can imagine how you feel.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    I surprised a chubby woman with a reindeer holding a courgette in Sainburys' today :D
    Okay ... I'm struggling to picture this. Did the chubby woman have a reindeer with her (teddy or otherwise)? Or was there a reindeer holding a courgette? Or have I got the whole thing confused? :confused: Am I being thick?
  • Options
    I have the habit of walking all around the house while brushing my teeth, instead of staying in the bathroom. Once (this was several years ago, mind) I forgot to go back to the bathroom before spitting the toothpaste out and spit it on a tablecloth. :blush:

i do that as well, i have a habit of having a shave, by spraying shaving foam on my hand before applying it, then after i finish that i brush my teeth, and squeeze the toothpaste on my hand as well!
  • Options
    One of the girls at work did that three times in as many months, and she had to go to a&e at least once.

I was tempted! I can just about move my fingers today - yet it's really not that visable. Tsch.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Amnesiac wrote:
    i do that as well, i have a habit of having a shave, by spraying shaving foam on my hand before applying it, then after i finish that i brush my teeth, and squeeze the toothpaste on my hand as well!
    Hehe, once I tried to screw the toothpaste's cap on the toothbrush. :D
  • Options
    I fell up the the stairs, banged my shin and spilled a load of water on the carpet. I just missed the cat, and luckily didnt drop my glass.
  • Options
    I put squeezy liquid soap on my toothbrush once, noticed before i brushed my teeth though.
  • Options
    well i meant things people have done recently...:p

but if we're not going by that, the silliest thing i've probably done is driving down a dual carriageway the wrong way or perhaps not turning an exam paper over therefore missing half of the questions. :yeees:
  • Options
    well today i shouted at one of the managers at work because i thought he was insulting me. but turns out i got the wrong end of the stick :/
  • Options
    or perhaps not turning an exam paper over therefore missing half of the questions. :yeees:
    I did that with my Higher Biology exam :yeees:
  • Options
    I thought my Higher English exam was on the Tuesday when it was actually on the Monday (or something like that), failed my prelim too so I had to resit the whole thing again in 6th year :o
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    I did that with my Higher Biology exam :yeees:

i still don't know how i did it!

mine was for AS level media studies. we spent the whole year watching 2 videos and the questions i missed were on them. i spent the whole 2-3 hours answering questions on a 5 minute clip of who wants to be a millionaire. afterwards i said to my friend 'where we the questions on the films, do we have them another time?'. :crying:
  • Options
    I was walking down the road, on the phone to someone. Stuck my hand in my pocket to look for my phone and said to the person I was talking to, "shit, where the fuck is my mobile?"

I felt like a twat :o.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I was walking down the road, on the phone to someone. Stuck my hand in my pocket to look for my phone and said to the person I was talking to, "shit, where the fuck is my mobile?"

I felt like a twat :o.
    :lol: I've done that, loads of times!
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    Nooo it was in a bowl, Im not that stupid :p

Dont laugh, one night (a long tim e ago) got in after a good drinking session...decided i fancied some beans on toast.

Put the pan on the stove and toast in the toaster..in my haste to get it all ready i thought, fuck this the microwave will be quicker...in goes the pan....toast pops up....press start...i soon here some crazy sparking dinging noises!!

OH FUCK THE MICROWAVE !! ....what an idiot !

:blush:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Phoenix_ wrote:
    Dont laugh, one night (a long tim e ago) got in after a good drinking session...decided i fancied some beans on toast.

Put the pan on the stove and toast in the toaster..in my haste to get it all ready i thought, fuck this the microwave will be quicker...in goes the pan....toast pops up....press start...i soon here some crazy sparking dinging noises!!

OH FUCK THE MICROWAVE !! ....what an idiot !

:blush:

:rolleyes: You people.

Its funnier cooking food stoned. Erm, shit, erm... what if I... I know! Pie and beans *puts pie in non preheated oven, puts beans in microwave... on DEFROST*

Guh, why is nothing cooking?
  • Options
    I keep getting picked on when I don't know the answer in my business class. My teacher says "John, whats the answer?" I say after 2 minutes "pass?"
    he goes "More like Fail!"
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    I heated up a tin of dog food the other night instead of beans. Words cannot describe how bad the microwave smelled.

Am I the only person who can't work out how on earth you managed to do this because you can't put tin's in the microwave so surely you must have noticed it wasn't beans when you tipped it out.
  • Options
    The beans weren't in the tin, rather leftovers in a bowl in the fridge. Only they'd been eaten and replaced with leftover dogfood instead. So she took the bowl out of the fridge without checking and bunged it in the microwave... I think :p
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I picked up my straighteners at the wrong end today. The hot end. (They'd been on, at 200 degrees for about an hour). Yet I still held on to the bastards fir a good few seconds.

Needless to say, my hand kills.

Been there, done that and fuck me it hurts doesn't it!! Slow reaction times means that you don't drop it for a little while when you assume you would just drop it. Haha quite funny though, but only when it isn't happening to you!!
  • Options
    haha I like reading these, they are well cool!! Make me smile :D

Once I got off the bus, (had my brolly up because it was chucking it down) and said to my friend "oh fuck where is my brolly" and started checking coat pockets etc and then said "oh shit i must have left it on the bus. But oh well, I'm not getting wet anyway" Durrr you got your umbrella up that's why. We had a good giggle at that!!
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    Am I the only person who can't work out how on earth you managed to do this because you can't put tin's in the microwave so surely you must have noticed it wasn't beans when you tipped it out.
    she explains herself elsewhere in the thread, i believe. :)
  • Options
    I cut my ankle shaving and it wouldnt stop bleeding for ages. Its been a while since I've done that. :grump:
  • Options
    I was tricked into telling someone I had no knickers on!

I do btw :blush:
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I was tempted! I can just about move my fingers today - yet it's really not that visable. Tsch.
    Hair straightners are quite a good way of achieving pain without much marking afterwards in my experience.