Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boy forces teacher into sex act and gets away with it

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if she was forced into it, he deserves a very harsh punishment, not quite sure atm

if she wasn't forced, she deserves to lose her job and go onto the sexual offenders registers for abusing a position of trust
  • Options
    I must have missed the part where the boy was convicted, Kermit. You, of all people, should know that "not guilty" doesn't mean that you didn't do it. There are too many holes in what we have seen reported but clearly the jury felt there was enough "doubt" to let her off with the offence she was charged with.

Personally I am a little suspicious of her story but I haven't seen all of the evidence.
  • Options
    She was acquitted despite video evidence, so I'd say its fairly safe to say that she didn't do it. A jury of her peers didn't think so- it was a unanimous acquittal delivered in a short period of time.

My point was that the 18-year-old girl recently sent to prison behaved less disgracefully- at least she didn't force the man with a screwdriver and then lie about it- yet I will bet my bottom dollar that this little twat of a teenager won't see any punishment at all.

Most rape victims don't report the crime- why would this teacher be any different? She wouldn't have been believed- as proven by the fact that the police and CPS railroaded through this abhorrent prosecution instead of prosecuting the boy for indecent assault.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    She was acquitted despite video evidence, so I'd say its fairly safe to say that she didn't do it. A jury of her peers didn't think so- it was a unanimous acquittal delivered in a short period of time.

All, we know is that a jury of her peers felt they could no convict on the basis of reasonable doubt. They could be wrong. Or it could be they all felt that she probably was lying, but weren't sure beyond reasonable doubt.

The video evidence also didn't see any evidence of a screwdriver being pointed at her head, so its probably not 100% reliable either.
    My point was that the 18-year-old girl recently sent to prison behaved less disgracefully- at least she didn't force the man with a screwdriver and then lie about it- yet I will bet my bottom dollar that this little twat of a teenager won't see any punishment at all.

To be honest your point seems to be that if someone who was found innocent the other person involved is automatically guilty. Shall we transfer that to rape? Does that mean as only 6% of rape allegations result in conviction the other 94% are lying and wasting police time and should be prosecuted? Because even I as a non-lawyer can recognise some flaws in the 'not guilty' prosecute the alleged viction approach.

Most rape victims don't report the crime- why would this teacher be any different?

That could be true. But you don't know. The fact she didn't report it could be because she feared she wouldn't be believed or because it didn't take place. Unless there are some facts you know which the rest of us don't I would guess you don't know the correct version.
    She wouldn't have been believed- as proven by the fact that the police and CPS railroaded through this abhorrent prosecution instead of prosecuting the boy for indecent assault

Given that you seem to think because she was found innocent the boy is automatically guilty I think its a little rich of you to criticise other members of the legal profession.
  • Options
    She must have been pretty convincing for her to be aquitted in spite of video evidence, as kermit has already pointed out. That doesn't necessarily mean that all aquittals mean that those pressing charges are lying, but there's a pretty strong suggestion here, imo, that if she's convinced a jury (who are like everyone else suspicious of paedophillic teachers with the surge in news stories of them) that she was forced in spite of a video that didn't prove it, that he in fact should be prosecuted.
  • Options
    All, we know is that a jury of her peers felt they could no convict on the basis of reasonable doubt. They could be wrong. Or it could be they all felt that she probably was lying, but weren't sure beyond reasonable doubt.

If it was simply doubt it would have taken them hours to reach a verdict, and it's highly likely it would have just been a majority direction. If it was doubt some jury members would have fallen on the other side of the fence, and the jury would have been there forever trying to decide.
    The video evidence also didn't see any evidence of a screwdriver being pointed at her head, so its probably not 100% reliable either.

Which was my point.

Despite the apparent evidence of her willingly performing a sex act on the boy, she was acquitted.
    To be honest your point seems to be that if someone who was found innocent the other person involved is automatically guilty.

Not usually.

But if her defence was that she was indecently assaulted by violent threats, and her defence was strong enough to see her acquitted, then the boy should be put on trial for indecent assault with violent threats.
    That could be true. But you don't know. The fact she didn't report it could be because she feared she wouldn't be believed or because it didn't take place.

Most rape victims don't report the crime- of all the rape victims I know not one went to the police. It isn't unusual for a victim to not report it, especially as it seems pretty evident that her previous attackers received little or no punishment.
    Given that you seem to think because she was found innocent the boy is automatically guilty I think its a little rich of you to criticise other members of the legal profession.

I think the fact that she had enough proof of violent coercion to be acquitted at trial is enough to mean that the boy should now be put on trial for indecent assault. However the teacher's wishes for closure should be respected, and I can't blame her, as even if she did pursue it the little fuck would probably only get a slap on the wrist, if that.

I happen to believe that the boy probably did hold a screwdriver to her head and force it- and the jury believed it enough to acquit too.
  • Options
    Out of interest. Is there a legal difference between being aquited and being found not guilty?
  • Options
    Not really.

You can either be found guilty, be found not guilty, or the jury can fail to reach a verdict. If no verdict can be reached the CPS can either choose to request a retrial, or if they don't feel that a retrial is in the public interest, then the judge will order the jury to find the man not guilty. Obviously the jury didn't acquit you, but you are free to go and you are, in the law's eyes, innocent. If the retrial jury also can't reach a verdict then custom dictates that the CPS will not contest a third retrial.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The boy should get life. I doubt she did it willingly to be honest.

Just because he was that oung, I don't think that should affect things.
  • Options
  • Options
    Nothing to do with this particular case but that's such an ignorant comment to make about an assault.
    I agree.
  • Options
    This is OT, but a similar vein. I recall a friend of mine who was a secondary school teacher. She had some pictures on her phone of herself in some underwear, some little shite boy at her school stole her phone and bluetoothed the pictures all over the place and it was her that essentially got sacked.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    This is OT, but a similar vein. I recall a friend of mine who was a secondary school teacher. She had some pictures on her phone of herself in some underwear, some little shite boy at her school stole her phone and bluetoothed the pictures all over the place and it was her that essentially got sacked.
    That's stupid, but I'm not surprised. Of course it's always the adult's fault, and not the kids'.
    Not that OT actually, but it's relevance is with an aspect of the current matter that hasn't been discussed (and I don't think there's much point in discussing): Why is it always assumed that minors having sex with adults are seduced?
  • Options
  • Options
    Wow. I'm amazed that from such a incomplete story we've had such damning accusations. I've certainly no idea how this half-baked, non-story redresses anything previously posted on this board. All the story says is that she didn't have sex with the lad. That's it. No more.
  • Options
    Actually, the story does, there was video evidence. What it does say is that it wasn't her fault, which does raise some questions don't you think?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If niether has been proved to have comitted an offense, either one of them could be lying. It's best not to assume either way don't you think?

We all know Kermit assumes the worst in any man accused of rape/sexual assault against a women.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Gonna prove that, skive, or is it just more baseless crap-flinging because I don't happen to believe that 94% of rape victims weren't raped?

She was acquitted, that means that her side of the story was believed enough to over-ride the video footage of her (seemingly) willingly giving head to a teenage pupil. And given how rape is so rarely believed by juries, especially when the one claiming rape is in a position of authority, I think that stands for something.

The only reason why this boy hasn't been found guilty is because the CPS chose to prosecute her instead of listening to her side of the story and prosecuting him.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    I don't believe anyone is born evil. Have you ever seen an evil baby? Anyone? If it's true to say he wasn't an evil baby then what happened to him on his journey for him to turn out like this?
    what?

why bring babies into this?
  • Options
    J wrote:
    I don't believe anyone is born evil.

I do believe that some people are born evil.

If not you just put everyone into moral incontinence pants and nothing is ever their fault.

Environment doesn't explain how one person with the same background will rape or torture or murder, and another won't.

ali, its a simple enough argument. All children are innocent, but not all adults are- why is that?

I don't think all children are innocent though, and usually the children that are cunts aged two are cunts aged twenty-two.
  • Options
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Have you ever seen an evil baby?

Damien :D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    ali, its a simple enough argument. All children are innocent, but not all adults are- why is that?
    yes a simple arguement, an argument that has not a lot to do with this topic...

regardless of if he was born evil or not...if the story is to be believed, he should be punshed regardless of his temperment when he came out of the womb
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    Gonna prove that, skive, or is it just more baseless crap-flinging because I don't happen to believe that 94% of rape victims weren't raped?

I remember a thread about Ronaldo. That's just off the top of my head.
    Weekender Offender