Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How long does it take you?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    3 hours max. Wash at least part of my hair. Shave etc. About 20-30 mins doing my make-up because I'm slow, or I'll muck it up. Then I spend absolutely ages doing stupid things to my hair, because I have extensions and I'm a bit over the top.
    I do them while I watch TV - Multi-tasker!! ;)

i'm still unsure what you do to your eyebrows that takes so long. :p
    i'm still unsure what you do to your eyebrows that takes so long. :p

I perm them!

No really just pluck them thoroughly! :D
    About 10 minutes in the morning. More if I can be arsed to put my make-up on before I leave the houe.

Evenings vary greatly. If I dont nned to bath/wash my hair/shave I can be ready in about 30 minutes. If I need to do the above and straighten my hair etc. then I need an hour/hour and a half. I like being able to take my time. My ex used to phone me and say he was leaving now to pick me up so I had ten minutes to change, do my make-up and make my stuff for the next day. I got very quick at it.
    It takes me a while to pluck my eyebrows too.
    If i'm getting ready for a big night out, I can take up to three hours :D But I do spend a good 1 hour and 45 minutes of that with a cuppa and watching Will and Grace.
    do you all have huge squirrel eyebrows or something?
    do you all have huge squirrel eyebrows or something?
    Depending on how long it has been since I last plucked them, sometimes it takes me about 15 minutes to do mine PROPERLY. Like, absolutely perfect.

That's rare though. I get really >.< about my eyebrows and tend to think that people will think I'm a freak if I even have one out-of-place hair :|.
    I think eyebrows are important to get right, if not done properly they can make you look shitty!
    yeh but i tend to pluck stray hairs when they need doing not all in one go. :)
    I do the odd few during the week, but i do the majority in one go. Plus It's too much hassle, as I have a little boy to keep entertained! He's griefing me up already while I'm typing this!! :crazyeyes
    usually about 30mins if i have a shower and shave and stuff.
    can get ready in about 5mins if i need to tho.

ive been known to get a taxi home from somewhere and run in get changed and back out into the taxi and into town, all for 50p!!
    yeh but i tend to pluck stray hairs when they need doing not all in one go. :)

I imagine a picture, where you are totally absorbed by the TV plucking your eyebrows, and after a while, when you look in the mirror, one brow looks like Mr.Spocks and the other one isn't there anymore.
    For a proper night out, at least an hour. Thats when I put my hair up without drying it.
    u go on a night out with wet hair?

i could NOT do that

dont u feel a bit...i dunno....not done up?
    StrubbleS wrote:
    I imagine a picture, where you are totally absorbed by the TV plucking your eyebrows, and after a while, when you look in the mirror, one brow looks like Mr.Spocks and the other one isn't there anymore.

well no not really. i don't tend to get that absorbed in my eyebrows.
    Littleali wrote:

i could NOT do that

i assume she says at least an hour because she leaves it to dry/to some extent.
    i assume she says at least an hour because she leaves it to dry/to some extent.
    lucky her

if i left mien to dry naturally n put it up, i`d look like a birds nest :lol:
    I need about 2 hours for a big night out. 1 hour for getting ready to meet my mate/work.. and about 30 minutes if I have a quick shower and don't wash my hair since I got in the door 30 minutes ago ;) ha.
    well no not really. i don't tend to get that absorbed in my eyebrows.

i was talking about xXXxxXxxxxxxxxxxxXXXxxXxxXXXxXXsarahxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Littleali wrote:
    lucky her

if i left mien to dry naturally n put it up, i`d look like a birds nest :lol:

if i left mine to dry naturally up or down..i wouldn't leave the house. :no:
    Littleali wrote:

i could NOT do that

dont u feel a bit...i dunno....not done up?

I let it dry partially, and then put it up whilst its still damp because its awful to put up in a sleek style if its completely dry, but if I don't wash it it looks dirty. I feel fine and perfectly done up, thanks very much.
    Takes me an hour/hour and a half if I have to shower & wash hair.
    Usually I wash my hair in the morning though so it only takes me 15-20 mins. I don't really spend a lot of time getting ready.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    i was talking about xXXxxXxxxxxxxxxxxXXXxxXxxXXXxXXsarahxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes i often go out looking like a cross between Liam Gallagher and Mystic Meg!

Just as well they don't put the soaps on, on a Saturday!

;)
    I can get ready in 10-15 minutes no sweat. Never spend more than 5 mins in a shower, you wash yourself and get out, all this standing about shit is pointless imo. Get dried in 2-3 minutes, get changed in 2 minutes and spend 2-3 minutes on hair and spray and shit and you're away. Shaving adds another 5 or so minutes to that if it's needed.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I can get ready in 10-15 minutes no sweat. Never spend more than 5 mins in a shower, you wash yourself and get out, all this standing about shit is pointless imo. Get dried in 2-3 minutes, get changed in 2 minutes and spend 2-3 minutes on hair and spray and shit and you're away. Shaving adds another 5 or so minutes to that if it's needed.

No teeth brushing? :razz:

THough I must ask, what makes drying so long?

And sara's reminded me I need to do my eyebrows. :\
    my_name wrote:
    No teeth brushing? :razz:

THough I must ask, what makes drying so long?

The toothbrush hasn't reached Ireland yet. :p

Feet are a cunt to dry properly.
    At least half an hour, always end up having to iron something even if it has been ironed already and hung up or put in drawers, I think I may have OCD! Also hate doing the hair, mines is so thick + I always end up messing around with my fringe as I have to disguise the receeding hair line:banghead: