Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

does this social girl like me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met this very social/flirty girl and I managed to get her number. She gave everyone her number so it was easy for me too. She's a natural flirt and is always happy and active. She flirts all the time with men and women.

I managed to call her up, plan a place and time to meet, and we hung out for basically the whole nite downtown.

Here are some signs that I think shows that she likes me, but I'm not sure:
- On the phone, she told me that she wanted to call me very much but was feeling nervous and shy.
- When we were alone together, she told me that she normally doesn't feel shy around people, but she felt shy only around me (this is coming from a very outgoing and social girl).
- She asked me about my previous girlfriends.
- She asked me what kind of girls I like.
- While we were talking, she would sometimes look at my lips and back up to my eyes.
- She touched me a lot - touching my hands, abs, my chest and forearm(then again, she touches a lot of guys and is very flirty, so I suppose this is normal behavior towards anyone).
- She would occasionally ask me why I'm so mean to her, but I think in a playful way (then again, I've seen her ask the same question to a bunch of guys before who have also flirted with her).

I'm guessing she enjoyed my company because she asked me to have lunch with her the next day in the afternoon.

I said yes and...

We were at the movies. Her head was resting on my shoulder. She was running her hands up and down my chest as well as my forearm. When she stopped touching me, I took her hand and started to massage it. When I started massaging, she said "what?" in the tone that says "what are you doing?". So to make it look like I was flirting, I playfully made her slap herself on the face... and then she smiled... but then she took her head off my shoulder and somewhat leaned away from me... does that change anything? because I think I messed things up there...

She also pinched my ass at one point during the day.

On the first night we spent together, before we parted ways, she did that cheek kissing thing to me, where she'll lean over and pretend kiss one side of my cheek, and then do the same to the other side... and she was the one who initiated it... was this a friendly gesture or was it her own secure way of showing me she wants to be more than friends? I often see girls do this to their guy-friends as well as to their girl-friends. The day after that however, we just waved good-bye to eachother.

Also, it was raining that day, and SHE decided to share one umbrella. As we're walking down the street, I decided to put my arm around her and we walked all the way to a restaurant that way. However... after we got out of the restaurant, after I put my arm around her again, instead of sharing umbrellas, she took out her own and decided that we should use our own... I think this was her way of telling me she's not interested in me that way.

Do you think she digs me? or does she only see me as a friend and only enjoys my company?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As a boy I would say jesus what did we all do before you could come on an internet forum and ask questions like this?

I think you might just be thinking about it like too much man. Just go with the flow, keep things cool you will soon know yourself if she likes you. No one on here can say either which way, that's just an excuse to convice yourself.

Hope it works how you want.
    Sounds like she does and that she has a weird phobia of her hand being massaged. Ahhhh
    kidkurious wrote:
    We were at the movies. Her head was resting on my shoulder. She was running her hands up and down my chest as well as my forearm, so I took her hand and started to massage it. When I started massaging, she said "what?" in the tone that says "what are you doing?".
    think of it from her point of view. she was touching you with her hand and you take her hand off you. to her it seems like you were removing her hand because you didn't want it on you. thats all.
    she likes you!!
    lipsy wrote:
    think of it from her point of view. she was touching you with her hand and you take her hand off you. to her it seems like you were removing her hand because you didn't want it on you. thats all.
    she likes you!!

aha! This makes more sense
    lipsy wrote:
    she likes you!!

Yeah! Damn, you women are clever with this stuff! Now go get her, before the moment and the opportunity slips away...!
    Slightly different point of view here, ive known girls that flirt like crazy with men but as soon as they flirt back they dont like it.

She could want all the boys to fancy her, but they cant have her. Ive got a friedn exactly the same, she flirts so much with all men, a few of them have ended up fancying her and trying it on but as soon as they do she stops them and acts as if they've done something wrong, thus confusing them.

Im not saying that your girl is like this, but im saying its possible that some girls (and boys, for that matter) like to get loads of attention and mess peoples heads around.
    lipsy wrote:
    she likes you!!

Actually, that was after she stopped touching me. I figure "hey, maybe I'll touch her back by massaging her hand"... but nope...

Also, it was raining that day, and SHE decided to share one umbrella. As we're walking down the street, I decided to put my arm around her and we walked all the way to a restaurant that way. However... after we got out of the restaurant, after I put my arm around her again, instead of sharing umbrellas, she took out her own and decided that we should use our own... I think this was her way of telling me she's not interested in me that way.
    Blah wrote:
    Slightly different point of view here, ive known girls that flirt like crazy with men but as soon as they flirt back they dont like it.

She could want all the boys to fancy her, but they cant have her. Ive got a friedn exactly the same, she flirts so much with all men, a few of them have ended up fancying her and trying it on but as soon as they do she stops them and acts as if they've done something wrong, thus confusing them.

Im not saying that your girl is like this, but im saying its possible that some girls (and boys, for that matter) like to get loads of attention and mess peoples heads around.

Actually, I thihnk this pretty much describes this girl. She's very friendly and flirts a lot.
    I've flirted with her a lot and she seemed to enjoyed it.
    I once gave her a back rub, and then she gave me one after that.
    overanalysing everything is just goin to make you more confused! theres only one way to find out..
    I agree with lipsy. A while back I asked a question on here and everyone thought the guy liked me... but everyone was wrong. The only way you can know for sure either way is to ask her.
    Damn, after that you really need to ask?!

Make a move!
    I forgot to mention:

On our second night out, she asked me if she could put make-up on my face... of course I said no. She is in beauty school btw... She also put lip gloss in front of me and offered me some... does this mean anything?

Also, on our first nite, she wore make-up. But on the second night she told me that she wasn't wearing any, and she wasn't.

When we were at the movies, she rested her head on my shoulder, and then bit it...

what does all these signs mean?
    She's kinky and likes cross dressers
    what if I planted a kiss on her?
    how could I go about doing it?
    what's the worse that could happen?
    kidkurious wrote:
    what's the worse that could happen?
    Go to a club with her. Dance close. When you feel the right moment, go in for the kiss. If it backfires, blame it on the drink. I'm sure everyone has been known to genuinely kiss someone drunk they wouldn't when they were sober, so it shouldn't be too embarrassing if she doesn't kiss you back. Of course if she does kiss you back, you've got the whole "did she really like me, or was she just drunk" question, but get to that when you come to it. That's my usual cowards strategy anyway.
    wildchild wrote:
    I agree with lipsy. A while back I asked a question on here and everyone thought the guy liked me... but everyone was wrong. The only way you can know for sure either way is to ask her.
    That's because only one point of view is put across.

She might like you but you seem to be reading into things ALOT. Even the stuff said on the phone could be taken either away. Make sure you're not misinterprating things that you should not even notice... Sharing an umbrella...well she must love you then if you've got that far. Get a grip and get it out in the open with her and then you'll find out for certain.
    Don't try and physcho-analyse girls; it will get you absolutely nowhere, and will jusrt make things worse, you'll end up convincing yourself something is real which might not exist at all.

Sorry.
    this happened to me recently actually.. i made friends with some guys a couple of months ago and often see them when i'm out. one of them calls me up or we text to find out what we're doing at the weekend. i usually see him when i'm pilled up so i'm often very huggy etc. then last weekend he tried to kiss me but i didn't reciprocate. maybe i gave him the wrong signals but to me i was just being friendly and it was very innocent. if shes a nice girl she won't hold it against you that you fancy her. so you may as well try and see what happens because overanalysing isn't gona get you anywhere.
    kidkurious wrote:
    On our second night out, she asked me if she could put make-up on my face... of course I said no. She is in beauty school btw... She also put lip gloss in front of me and offered me some... does this mean anything?

No. I'd love it if any of my male friends let me put make-up on them, and have suggested it several times. I just think it would be funny. I also have a friend with long hair and I'll put it in bunches whenever he's drunk enough to let me, again because I think it's funny. It doesn't have anything to do with fancying them.
    kidkurious wrote:
    When we were at the movies, she rested her head on my shoulder, and then bit it...

Again, it doesn't have to mean anything. My friend and I were watching a DVD last night and he put his arm round me, rested his head on my shoulder and was stroking my arm. He doesn't fancy me, it's just something that's kind of nice to do while you're watching a movie with someone.
    kidkurious wrote:

The club scenario is good, or alternatively you could watch a movie or an episode or two of a TV series, anything as long as there's a romantic part where two people kiss. When that happens, look over at her. If she's looking at you too, go for your own kiss.
    That's because only one point of view is put across.

Exactly.
    or...

what if I tell her: "I really like you a lot".
    And then based on her reaction, I'll decide weather or not to kiss her...?

I've heard from others that it's not a good idea to tell her how I feel because it could put a lot of pressure on her.

I remember once, I had her against the wall... I was really close to her with my hand beside her head pressing against the wall... Neither of us said a word. I think she was expecting me to kiss her because she smiled and she looked down at my lips and back up to my eyes.... I just realized now that I should have kissed her then... It was the perfect chance!...

Do you think I should have kissed then? If so, I'm gonna try to get into that position with her again...
    bump
    Just kiss her.

If she goes for it, great.

If she doesn't, then you'll both know where you stand and can be friends. If that gets awkward or she backs off as a friend, then it's time to start asking new questions.
    You're thinking way too much about this. You'd be much better off just doing whatever feels natural at the time. Otherwise if you let your brain take over you'll sit there wondering what if and then she'll be off home before you get around to deciding anything.
    why are you even bothering to ask? duh.
    OMG she has a boyfriend.

I called her up yesterday several times. She never answered. She finally answers after my last attempt and tells me that she's watching a movie with her boyfriend now. I tried to make plans with her for the next day, and she said she has work that day and has a lot of studying to do.

Should I move on?
    yes.
    icey wrote:
    yes.
    Ditto.
    i just don't understand why she would lead me on like that and then told me she has a bf, and then ignore me totally...

i'm just glad i didn't spend any money on her... wasted a lot of time though....
    Theres nothing to say she ever did lead you on, it sounds as if she is a naturally friendly person and because you liked her you took it as flirty behaviour.
    The reason she is ignoring you now is likely that she doesnt want to screw things up between her and her bf, i know if my girl was getting phone calls off some random guy asking her to do things i would be pretty pissed off.

Dont think of this as a waste of time, think of it as a friend you've gained and keep your head up. Plenty more fish in the sea and all that bollocks..