Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lsd

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had some acid for the first time weekend past.

Not overly convinced about the strength of tab I had. Had been taking ketamine earlier that night. Once that had worn off I decided to take a tab.

It was brilliant, don't get me wrong. I found myself laughing and feeling great for a good 4 hours. Almost to the point where it was hurting me laughing! Then after 4 hours I finally started tripping. Seeing yellows and blues, and swirling patterns around me, laughing all the time. But tbh, it was nothing too crazy that I couldn't handle, I preferred it that way because I had a really good night, but I was expecting more.

It was a good experience but I certainly expected the hallucinations to be more intense.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Addict wrote:
    It was a good experience but I certainly expected the hallucinations to be more intense.

No doubt down to the quality or amount on the tab.

I found some geezers storing tabs in the open air which is a no no...and the tabs were very weak!

Unfortunetly not everyone knows how to store LSD properly.
    Nash wrote:
    Unfortunetly not everyone knows how to store LSD properly.

how do you store lsd properly...? :)
    Replicant wrote:
    how do you store lsd properly...? :)

In the dark, in the dry and in the cold.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I must have come across acid about 5 times in the last6 years and only once has it been of any decent strength, and then they came as micro dots.
    I havn't had any good tabs since 99.
    Weekender Offender 
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I have only tried it once and that was about 6 months ago. All i can say is that it blew my socks off, i was trippin' for so long i eventually fell asleep trippin' after 10 hours or so.

For me it was an overwhelming experience, not something i would want to do often.
    how much does it cost?
    I pay £5 a drop. Money well spent if it is strong stuff.
    Unfortunately I've never been lucky enough to try it either. One of my dealers did have a load in about half a year ago but he said it was a once in a lifetime sorta thing, he didn't wanna sell anymore after this lot had gone and at the time I had no money....when I finally got paid he had sold it all! :(
    I could get hold of it if I really really wanted but it would be quite alot of hassle and I can easily get hold of pretty much any other drug so I've never really been bothered. Would love to try it though.
    If your into that sort of thing, then i do recommend it.

It is one of those once in a lifetime things, just make sure your in a good surrounding. Its interesting to hear about other peoples visuals on it because everyone seems to have their own unique experience. For me i suffered from memory loss pretty bad, so it kept me quiet because i could not think of words to say, just sat in a corner and tripped for 10 or so hours.

quite mind blowing
    lipsy wrote:
    how much does it cost?

It's very variable becaue it's not a common drug.

I used be able to get good acid for £3 at the end of the last decade. In last couple of years it's been a fiver when I've come across it. To be honest I'd happilly pay £15 for a good sid.

The micro dots I was getting a couple of years ago were superb and still only a fiver.
    Weekender Offender 
    Oh my, it's been a long time since I did any acid. To echo what Skive said I reckon it'd have to be about 5 years now since I took anything really decent. I wouldn't mind having one last hurrah but I haven't seen any around in donkeys years and what does come around occasionally is - by all accounts - pretty weak.

That said, when I remind myself of the occasion that made me happy to steer clear in the future. But then necking microdots in a cemetary was never really going to be a good idea :razz:
    If you like mushrooms, there's a good chance you'll like acid.
    Weekender Offender 
    Well I love mushrooms so I think I may have to ring up a few of my contacts in Brighton soon...
    Skive wrote:
    If you like mushrooms, there's a good chance you'll like acid.

I wouldnt be so sure of that, I've found that people who are well versed in mushrooms then try acid find it more chemical and the long action annoying.
    I paid £5 for my tab. It was definitely worth it, even if I didn't get what I was expecting.

It is an incredibly long experience. I think I was still seeeing swirls 20 hours after taking it. Make sure you haven't got anything planned for the day after taking it! And it's probably advisable to take it with people who are in the same boat and aren't gonna ditch you half way through it. It is incredibly fun, we did some laughing.
    budda wrote:
    I wouldnt be so sure of that, I've found that people who are well versed in mushrooms then try acid find it more chemical and the long action annoying.

Well obviously they have differences but I've generally found that people who like one hallucinogens generally enjoy others.

Where as there's little or no comedown from shrooms, acid will leave you confused and drained for a couple of days.
    Weekender Offender 
    budda wrote:
    In the dark, in the dry and in the cold.

Or in water where you can keep it for years, but the water has to be pure and not contain chlorine.
    I was always under the impression that you only needed one tab to be tripping for like 12 hours?
    I'd well love to try acid. DAMN YOU FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS! Hahahaha.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I was always under the impression that you only needed one tab to be tripping for like 12 hours?

Depends on the strength. Ideally it should only be one drop, but there is alot of weaker tabs so you might have more then one to get a decent effect.
    i really want to try LSD but im worried incase i have a bad trip & it fucks me up for life...
    i know its probably unlikely to happen but still
    Even if you do have a bad trip I doubt it'll fuck you up for life, I think it's just people who are already a bit unstable it can send over the edge. Even when I'm tripping my nuts off on shrooms I still know that it's not real deep down, one of my mates had a bad trip on shrooms and we just kept saying "dave it's just the mushrooms it's not real mate" and eventually he started having a good time, don't know if it's the same with acid though...
    pill 'ed wrote:
    one of my mates had a bad trip on shrooms and we just kept saying "dave it's just the mushrooms it's not real mate" and eventually he started having a good time, don't know if it's the same with acid though...

Yea but its 10x stronger. Everyone takes to it in their own way so you can't really tell until you try. Don't approach it with a sketchy attitude
    smitherz wrote:
    Yea but its 10x stronger.

How is it 10x stronger though? Strentgh is not something you can compare with different drugs because all all dependant on dose. I've tripped harder off shrooms than I have on acid before, but that's simply because I've done insane quantities of shrooms.
    Weekender Offender 
    I didn't mean it literally, for me it is alot stronger than shroomz. Just comparing it to the size of a drop to like 40 grams of shroomz to get a good effect.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    playdead wrote:
    i really want to try LSD but im worried incase i have a bad trip & it fucks me up for life...
    i know its probably unlikely to happen but still

Thing is, from what I understand of LSD, if you go into it with that in the back of your mind, you are more likely to have a 'bad' trip, with negative feelings coming to the fore. Acid in particular, although the same could be said for many other drugs, is very dependent on the mood and state of mind you are in prior to taking it.
    LadyJade wrote:
    Thing is, from what I understand of LSD, if you go into it with that in the back of your mind, you are more likely to have a 'bad' trip, with negative feelings coming to the fore. Acid in particular, although the same could be said for many other drugs, is very dependent on the mood and state of mind you are in prior to taking it.

That is so, so true.
    Even with Ecstasy, if you get worried about not coming or something, it's likely it will take longer for you to come up and when you do come up it won't be as good as if you weren't worrying.
    What fucking pisses me off when on a pill session, is when some of the people that you're pilling with lose their initial 2 hour rush and start saying "I'm coming down, I feel normal now" or whatever....it's like erm NAH you do not feel normal, you're still buzzing your tits off, you still look mashed, just because you're not feeling that inital rush anymore it doesn't mean the pills have completely worn off, you've still got a good couple of hours of buzzing left but now you've started talking about it, it's making me and the rest of us come down you cunt!
    smitherz wrote:
    I didn't mean it literally, for me it is alot stronger than shroomz. Just comparing it to the size of a drop to like 40 grams of shroomz to get a good effect.

Its totally dose dependant, of course a 200mcg hit of liquid LSD is going to be stronger than a normal dose of mushrooms. But then you might as well say drinking 6 vodka and cokes gets you drunker than one pint.
    Skive wrote:
    How is it 10x stronger though? Strentgh is not something you can compare with different drugs because all all dependant on dose. I've tripped harder off shrooms than I have on acid before, but that's simply because I've done insane quantities of shrooms.

i have a mate that says acid is 100x stronger than 'pills'. i cant think of a better way to respond other than laughter.

its a bit like crab sticks arent really ccrab sticks
    or not, ....what jebberish