Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why does this happen?

This has happened twice with me and it's worrying and confusing me, anyway:

It all started 2 years ago. I told a friend of mine that I fancied him. Ever since then for a few months (this happened sometime earlier this year as well) I ended up dreaming about something terrible happening to him- I remember one dream, he'd died (when I was a teenager) and I remember during the dream, crying constantly.

In about June of this year, I told another friend of mine that I fancied him and last night the same thing happened to me.

Anyone know why this is happening?:confused::(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm no expert, but could it be some sort of fear that you are going to lose their friendship or something along those lines? If you google it, the're are plenty of dream analysis sites and stuff that will probably give you a better answer...
  • Options
    Interesting point. That's weird because the second person I was talking about (the one I dreamt about last night) I get on really well with and never fallen out with him or anything like that.
  • Options
    I had a weird dream on friday too. There is this girl I really like, but... we don't talk anymore, without having a fall out. It's a difficult backstory, but eitherwise I dreamt that we were cuddling and she was apologizing that it was her fault for not keeping the contact and that it's all good now, yadda yadda...

woke up and felt like crap (for the next 2 days)
  • Options
    If you go in for analysing your dreams then first glance would make me think that you're feeling anxiety about the death of/losing the friendship and the person no longer being in your life. So that is being translated (with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer) into their literal, physical death in your dreams.

That said, death in dreams is supposed to signal new beginnings, so you could look at it that way. Or just your head fucking with you, as mine so often does ;)

I'd guess it's just that you're feeling down about the situations anyway, and these blokes have been taking up a lot of your headspace. It's understandable you might have unhappy dreams centering on them; I really feel for you, and hope you can find some peace with it soon.
  • Options
    thanks briggi!
    thats helped me. :)
    (- the bloke factor of course)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    That said, death in dreams is supposed to signal new beginnings, so you could look at it that way. Or just your head fucking with you, as mine so often does ;)

For me it's probably the latter.:(
    I'd guess it's just that you're feeling down about the situations anyway, and these blokes have been taking up a lot of your headspace.

That does seem about right.

Johnny - normally I'd rather forget about it, but it's a bit hard when I kept on having the same dream (involving death) about the first bloke.:(
  • Options
    thanks briggi!
    thats helped me. :)
    (- the bloke factor of course)

If my crazed attempts at dream interpretation helped then good... you're very welcome :p :thumb:
  • Options
    I have dreams about a girl but they don't involve death just random memories/flashes of her. Its almost like she shes haunting me or I left something unfinished. I understand its hard to forget about these things though.
  • Options
    From Dream Moods Dictinary:
    Death

To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do you like about him. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, it indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life.

To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life.

Die:
    To see someone dying in your dream, signifies that your feelings for that person are dead or that a significant change/loss is occurring in your relationship with that person. Alternatively, you may want to repress that aspect of yourself that is represented by the dying person.
  • Options
    wow.
    very enligtening. If you don't mind me asking, is this the bloke who politely declined your offer? if it is, maybe its just your brains way of trying to get rid of his memory. its trying to route out the bad things swirling round in your head. thats my idea.
  • Options
    wow.
    very enligtening. If you don't mind me asking, is this the bloke who politely declined your offer?

You're probably mixing me up with someone else. Unless of course you're talking about the guy who said something along the lines of 'That's extremely sweet of you. I'm very flattered.'
  • Options
    yeah thats the one.
    if its not him, my mistake.
  • Options
    He is the one I was dreaming about last night.
  • Options
    as I said, maybe your brains just trying to 'kill him off' so you don't think about it. but obviously if its happened twice then its not working. Maybe you left something unfinished with you and him? if this isn't it then im not sure what else to be totally honest. it might just be a passing thought or you just want to forget him subconciously.
  • Options
    Funny, i can't remember the last time i had a dream, or multiple dream [it happens often]. I read this thread last night, after going to bed thought nothing of it, but i woke this morning recalling a dream in which a friend had posted a message on about wanting happiness & relationship and when i read it i felt so disheartened .. it's funny though, i think reading this thread probably brought it on a bit aswell as the stuff currently going on in my head causing me to to dream about it, course the fact i think I'm missing her will add to it too.