Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Blow jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya
when you give a guy head do you normally make him wear a comdom or not?
because i dont want to look stupid and ask my boyfriend to if most people don't but i dont want an STI in my mouth or somthing so i was just wondering what you guys views on it were? x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    euw no. i know you can buy flavoured jonnies but if i wanted to taste strawberrys then i would go to fucking sainsburys and buy some. the thought of slimy flavoured lube in my mouth seems just so wrong.

i dont think you cant catch owt from giving oral....
    i've never asked a lad to wear one - i'm not sure many people do to be honest. but i think people should especially with people they don't know.
    You can catch things from Oral sex, just make sure he has been checked for STI's before you gove him a blowjob, so you know it is safe.

Then again, loads of people give blowjobs to total strangers so...you know.
    Don't worry about looking stupid, you should never feel stupid about doing what feels right for you sexually. If you'd rather do it with a condom on then that's what you should do.

Personally, I find the idea of giving head with a condom rather unappealing, but each to their own.
    playdead wrote:
    heya
    when you give a guy head do you normally make him wear a comdom or not?
    because i dont want to look stupid and ask my boyfriend to if most people don't but i dont want an STI in my mouth or somthing so i was just wondering what you guys views on it were? x

When it comes to sex and STD's it's up to yourself to make sure your protected and not what your mates do or do not do. Personally i've never been one to be suseptible to peer pressure and i've always found my own way in life and that includes sex. So when my "cool mates" were telling me i'm daft for using the pill and a condom for sex i ignored them.. Now they're up the duff or have STD's whose the cool one now?

Anyway long story short you need to do what's right for you and not worry about what other people think! Theres no shame in asking to use a johnny when going down on a guy. If he complains then tell him it's for his own good too. After all if you had a cold sore on the way HE could end up with herpes!
    thanks guys, is it likely that u catch an STI in your mouth? or if he has one can you normally tell anyway...
    playdead wrote:
    thanks guys, is it likely that u catch an STI in your mouth? or if he has one can you normally tell anyway...

It's less likely than catching one through vaginal or anal sex, but it still happens. And no you can't tell if he's got one in most cases. That is unless he has obvious signs like warts on his genitals.
    If your using a condom its a blowjob, if not its a bare back blowjob... Just abit of literature. :thumb:

I have only heard of brothels making you wear a johnny.
    giving a blow job with some condoms is like giving it to a rubber glove..but flavoured can be fun..especially if you get a multipack with loadsa different flavours to try ;)
    I always wondered how you'd know if you had an STI in your mouth. Because whenever you see lists of symptoms, they only say about what happens to your bits.
    wildchild wrote:
    I always wondered how you'd know if you had an STI in your mouth. Because whenever you see lists of symptoms, they only say about what happens to your bits.
    yea i wondered that but does it not show up if you have one in your mouth?
    i sort of just though it would but i guess it shouldnt really
    HIT wrote:
    If your using a condom its a blowjob, if not its a bare back blowjob... Just abit of literature. :thumb:

Since when??!
    1983 wrote:
    Since when??!

I think it's gay terminology, I was talking to my gay friend the other day and he calls it 'bareback' without condom a la 'brokeback mountain' or something. That's what he said anyway. I'd never heard the term before...
    wildchild wrote:
    Your can theoritcally catch an STI if they come in your mouth and you have any sores on your gums on in your mouth as they virus'es lives in the sperm.
    I've never heard people talk about barebacking regarding blowjobs... but I suppose it's just the same meaning as with other, er, acts.

If you have any open sores, rashes or irritation in your mouth or throat then there is a possibility of contracting any STIs your partner may have -- including (but not limited to) syphilis, genital herpes, genital warts, chlamydia and gonorrhoea.

So if you're not 100% about your partner then it goes without saying that it pays to be safe :thumb:
    What briggi said :yes:

My partner and I are free of STIs so it's a bit moot for us, and anyone else we bring into the bedroom is often checked. When I was single, I'd give a guy head without a condom, because that was the risk I decided to take, and my experience had no problems with that.
    the herpes virus is transmissable, becuase the genital herpes virus is the same as the one that causes coldsores, so if one of you has either a genital herpes flare up or a cold sore DONT go down, because the virus never goes away just lies waiting in the skin.

I also know that HIV is transmissable by oral sex but there is a less than 1% chance of getting it even if the person you are with is HIV positive, it is very rare.

condoms taste icky.
    The problem comes more from gonorrhea or herpes, rather than HIV, unless you have open wounds in your mouth.

You can catch STIs, and you are as likely to do so through oral as vaginal/anal sex if he has an STI that is transmitted by contact rather than by a virus in the semen, but it is safer than unprotected vaginal sex, which is safer than unprotected anal sex.

If it makes you feel comfortable then you should use one, and if he gets uppity tell him to go suck his own. But condoms do taste nasty, so I expect that in time you will ditch them.
    Why is unprotected anal sex less safe than unprotected vaginal sex?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Why is unprotected anal sex less safe than unprotected vaginal sex?

Because the anal tissue is more liable to tearing, and that means any virus lurking in the semen has quicker access to your bloodstream.
    Your can theoritcally catch an STI if they come in your mouth and you have any sores on your gums on in your mouth as they virus'es lives in the sperm.

Yeah I know that, but how do you know if you've got one? Usually when they list symptoms it's things like "unusual vaginal discharge", "pain during sex", "pain when urinating", but you're not going to get anything like that if the STI is in your mouth, are you?
    wildchild wrote:
    Yeah I know that, but how do you know if you've got one? Usually when they list symptoms it's things like "unusual vaginal discharge", "pain during sex", "pain when urinating", but you're not going to get anything like that if the STI is in your mouth, are you?
    :banghead: You wont get the infection in your mouth. It can just be transmitted to your body through the mouth, nearly all dont have any oral symptoms.