Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How distressing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:(
story

I think what's particularly sad is at the end of the article it says that the postmortem found that she would have died soon anyway.

I feel so sorry for that poor man.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    That is really sad. Although I can understand his actions - that is a terrible disease for anyone to have, especially to cope with seeing a loved one suffering from it.

To be honest, his action was probably justified - she would only have gotten worse. I think in the cases of such terrible mental conditions, we should practice Euthanasia on the patients consent before it gets so bad they cannot judge for themselves. What quality of life do they have?

:(
  • Options
    :( poor poor guy. As if he really needs to be "detained" after seeing his wife go through all that pain and illness over the years.
  • Options
    Oh that is sad :( Though I think he could have found a nicer way to off her than strangeling. It must be so hard watching someone suffer day after day :(
  • Options
    :( poor poor guy. As if he really needs to be "detained" after seeing his wife go through all that pain and illness over the years.

Indeed. Like it has already been said, I understand why he did what he did.
  • Options
    Are the courts fucking stupid!? Its blatantly obvious that this guy is not a threat to the public at all and that he only did what he had to so the love of his life was no longer in pain.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Are the courts fucking stupid!? Its blatantly obvious that this guy is not a threat to the public at all and that he only did what he had to so the love of his life was no longer in pain.

it's the correct answer but not as the law sees it unfortunatly.