Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Euromillions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not been won now for about 10 weeks, and next weeks jackpot will be approximately £120 million.

Is this getting a bit stupid ?

Personally yes i think it is. Now i'm certainly not going to be complaining if i win £120 million next week ( i'd be able to help so many people and give them financial security for the rest of their lives, and have a fuck off TheSite party at Claridges too :) ) but this ammount of money is almost obscene. Who the hell needs £120 million ?

Our lottery isn't too bad, it can rollover 3 times, if not won the fourth time it's shared out at the next highest prize level so the jackpot won't go much over £20 million. I think they've done a similar thing with the Euromillions, but it's allowed to rollover 13 times, technically being able to reach at least £150 million. I think it's about time the prize was capped at say £50 million, so if it reaches this level and isn't won, they either

a. Share the jackpot out to the next highest level and start again

or

b. Keep the £50 million and rollover to next week and share the % that would of gone into the jackpot fund amongst the lower prize levels.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I do think it's daft, but at the same time, if I remember to enter it, I wont be moaning if I win it, or even a portion of it! :)
    I dunno if I think it's daft, I like the idea of being that rich.

On a side note, the building next to my work won 400k in a syndicate and they all got around 30k last week.........wish it was me :(
    I reckon it should keep rolling over until someone wins, and although 120 million is alot of money I reckon I could take a right shape at spending it. :yes:
    I'd probably kill myself with excess partying if I won that money. Wouldn't complain though. I'd give 20p to charity and keep the rest. ;)
    I don't think it exists, to be honest.

I think the "winners" of these lottery jackpots are fabricated by the Government...but then I have been reading a bit too much Orwell recently.

I think it should keep getting rolled over until someone wins it, really.
    I've just seen an island in Fiji up for sale for £40 million ... absolutely beautiful. I would fancy that as a present to myself if I won £120 million. :)

http://www.duttondirect.com/property/view/state:exploring+isles/country:fiji+islands/id:560
    I have already decided how I am going to spend it, heh. Imagine what an extravagant, ridiculous lifestyle you could live... on the interest alone! :thumb:
    Id buy a house, Astin Martin DB9 or DBS (Essentially the same car) and live ou tmy days in penthouses of luxury hotels around the world being a playboy...well, with out the endless supply of women. I do want to get married too someday. Lame i know, but golf, pool, a woman and the quiet life would do me fine...

Fuck It! Im buying me some sex slaves!
    Google Extract:
    A figure as large as £77 million will earn them at least 5 per cent interest per annum, the equivalent of £3,850,000 each year or £10,500 per day.

The late Alan Clark, the Tory MP who dismissed Michael Heseltine, a self-made millionaire, as the type of man who had to purchase his own furniture (Clark inherited his with a castle from his father) said the truly rich live not off the interest on their capital, but on the interest earned from the interest. For Mrs McNamara, the annual interest on £3,850,000 a year would be the equivalent of £192,500 per year.

So on £120mil, thats 6mil a year interest, £16,500 a day! Plus a further £300k in interest if you didn't touch that interest! Nice!
    Remind me to buy a ticket tomorrow :o.
    oh, it would be SO much fun to be that loaded! I have a massive shopping list just thinking about it
    Looks like this Communist just won another kind of jackpot. Wonder what will happen to her Marxist values...such a vast fortune.
    Fuck me ! I should buy a ticket !

Really though 120 millions outrageous just cap it then set a maximum rollover limit and split it between charitys. How does one person REALLY need 120 million ? they just don't.
    Kermit wrote:

I think the "winners" of these lottery jackpots are fabricated by the Government...but then I have been reading a bit too much Orwell recently.

There's no such thing as reading "too much" Orwell - take that from someone who has read every word he ever wrote that still exists in some form.

Don't take it all literally though. ;) :nervous:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Looks like this Communist just won another kind of jackpot. Wonder what will happen to her Marxist values...such a vast fortune.

Hopefully, fund the Revolution with it!
    Hmmm, One £120million Hooker or 120 £1 million hookers?
    Go Bender :D
    u guys shouldnt worry so much, im going to win this week
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Territt wrote:
    u guys shouldnt worry so much, im going to win this week

Not if I got anything to do with it... im rigging it already.:thumb:
    JJ454 wrote:

So on £120mil, thats 6mil a year interest, £16,500 a day! Plus a further £300k in interest if you didn't touch that interest! Nice!

Sold, I'm buying a ticket this morning (if I can scrape the change haha)
    Bullseye wrote:
    Hmmm, One £120million Hooker or 120 £1 million hookers?

You wouldn't need to pay for it, these silly money grabbing bitches will come running to you.

I don't bother doing the EuroMillions, it full of shit, your mad to spend your money on it.
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't think it exists, to be honest.

I think it should keep getting rolled over until someone wins it, really.

Haha, that does sound like a touch too Orwellian :D

I've never liked the national lottery, it's always struck me as sinister. The governement does pretty well out of it.
    Of every pound (£) spent on Lottery games, 50 pence (p) goes to the prize fund, 28p to good causes as set out by Parliament, 12p to the British Government as duty and 5p going to retailers as commission, while Camelot receives 4.5p to cover operating costs and 0.5p profit
    - Wikipedia
    Is it still the big jackpot this week, because last week I made £9 and I have re-invested it in more tickets, so I'm bound to win thousands.
    I already have my ticket.
    If I win I could spend my entire working life doing voluntary work for the likes of mercyships. I would also donate some money to my favourite charities.
    I would also buy a castle to live in and a car and a yacht.
    If I win I could spend my entire working life doing voluntary work for the likes of mercyships. I would also donate some money to my favourite charities.

Sod that, if I win I'm going to convert it all into pound coins and then spend the rest of my life counting and recounting it.
    It was saying it has to be won this week and if the jackpot isn't won it'll be divided out between the other winners.

I don't know what i'd do if i won all that money, have one good time anyway to say the least.

Your life would never be the same again though, your face would be plastered all over the media and then there's the possible chance of getting kidnapped and held for ransom.