Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How long does it take you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is for boys and girls... :p

I was just thinking about how long it takes for you to get ready when you're going on a night out. Like, I could have a bath/shower, do my hair and make up within say, 45 minutes. But I tend to dilly-dally and it takes me nearer 2 hours, haha. I have to fit in a bit of dancing round my room and drinking time, you see. :D I looooove getting tarted up for a night out.

Obviously boys aren't gonna take as long as girls...but I just wanted to be nosey. :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i take about an hour to shower, wash hair, dry+straighten hair and do make up. but i normally drag it out abit longer, like you, bcos of drinking. im always ready early though!
    The taxi is always waiting outside for me, haha. I'm never on time!!!
    I need half an hour, usually take about an hour.

But I really enjoy the evenings when I can take a lovely bath with the the entire Lush back catalogue at about 3pm, get out and put on a hair masque, wrap it in clingfilm, chill on the sofa with a glass of wine and some choccies for half an hour, rinse my hair, get back into bed for a nap, get up, moisturise, dry hair, paint nails, get made up, put on clothes and then focus on getting steadily pissed before it's time to go out :thumb:
    briggi wrote:
    I need half an hour, usually take about an hour.
    ditto, unless I'm colouring my hair and doing false tan then it can take 2hours + bt=ut I tend to do these things in the week ready for a night out, if I'm sensible and plan.
    depends.

I have been done in 5 minutes (*cellphone rings* "yo matt, In 5 minutes I gonna catch the bus, be sure to get it too....")

-> jump into trousers, maybe make hair, jump into shoes and run for it.

If I am showering, shaving, go through my wardrobe, style hair I usually need 25 minutes.
    Depends what I'm getting ready for, if it's getting up in the morning to go to college or something it takes me aboput an hour but if it's just going out at night, if I'm just going to the pub or to get fucked somewhere like a party or a mates house, it usually takes me like 10 mins, maybe an extra 5 mins if I'm going to a club or something.
    About an hour, usually more if I'm making an effort :o
    if my hair doesnt need washing and i`ve decided what i`m wearin...about 40 mins, if that

if my hair needs washin and i aint picked anything to wear, about 2.5 hrs
    Hour/hour and a half. 2 hours absolute max. Never less than an hour because I *always* take forever in the shower :o.
    I'm pretty quick at getting ready, half an hour if I need to rush. About 2 hours max if I'm getting ready slowly.
    If I need to wash my hair then it takes me about 3 hrs. If not then about 1.5hrs. This is only if I have decided what wear. If I have no idea before I have to get ready I normally take hours, sulk and do not go out!
    Wow everyone takes so long to get ready, I always leave getting ready before going out to the last minute which forces me to rush, I can have a shower and wash my hair in under 5 mins if needed.
    I takes about 10 mins to shower, 5 mins to dry myself, 5 mins to get dressed and 2 mins to gel my hair.

All in all 22 mins. :cool:
    1-2 hours. i like to dance about and have a drink etc
    For a proper night out, at least an hour. Thats when I put my hair up without drying it. If I actually dry my hair, straighten it etc. I tend to take ages longer. If I'm organised, I'll do stuff like wax and re-colour my hair the night before, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.
    In the morning it takes me an hour, cuz I fanny about getting cups of tea and stuff

Probably nearer two hours if i'm going out, including shower.
    Getting ready for work in the morning is about 45 mins
    I wouldn't say I'm the person who uses 2+ hours to get ready. It depends though. If I'm meeting a mate or so, i don't need more than a few minutes. On the other hand, if i'm meeting a girl, i usually take way too long! :blush: I try to limit myself to half an hour.
    oof, it depends whether i'm showering and washing my hair.

i can take 20-30 minutes in the shower then 10 minutes drying my hair and i'd say 20 minutes straightening/styling. then there's make-up and getting dressed. and inbetween all that i need some drinking time.

i like taking my time so i'd say 2 hours.

i love getting ready to go out (not if i'm having a bad hair day though!).
    Franki wrote:
    I *always* take forever in the shower :o.

Wooah is that like a new drug or something! Forever :D
    Depends really.

In the morning I spend about 15-20 minutes getting ready.

If I'm going out, I spend about an hour getting ready (thats without a shower though - with a shower, add another 30 minutes) and thats whilst drinking and dancing around my room like a fanny.
    In the morning its about 5 mins. I just chuck on clothes and walk out the door. Going out can vary from 20-30 mins to like 3 hours.
    Minimum you're talking 25/30 minutes to get ready but that can easily go reach 1 hour, if not a bit longer.

I fuck around so much when trying to decide what i actually want to wear ! Pick out what i want disregard it then eventually go back to it and wear the bloody thing
    Hour for a bath, 15 mins nails, 20 mins eyebrows, wash hair 10 mins, drying half 25 mins, straightening 5 mins, make-up 1 minute, getting dressed 10 mins

With tea and ciggy breaks every few minutes :D

So that's pretty much all day!

:lol:

Just as well I only go out on a Saturday!
    20 minutes eyebrows? what the hell do you do with them?
    If it's a proper night out then I usually take no less than an hour. I spend ages in the shower though and I always forget my keys/money/ID/etc and I can never get my hair to sit the way I want it to when I'm just nearly ready. I also fanny about though :lol:

If it's a "Yo, be at such and such a place in 5 mins" I usually take about 10 mins because I dilly dally.

I am such a woman when it comes to getting ready :lol::o
    For me it depends how well groomed i am already, where I am going, and who i will be seeing.

If i havent done my legs for a few days for example, its going to take me significantly longer to get ready.

It also depends how im styling my hair. If im doing it wavy then it'll take about an hour or more just for my hair from washing, to drying and then styling.

Takes me half an hour just to have a shower because our shower is so crap.

I can get ready in an hour if i need to, if i have to shower. If not i can be ready in about 15 minutes. Not including choosing what to wear/getting annoyed because all my clothes are dirty because the washing machine is broken :mad:
    M-F I roll out of bed (after 5 snoozes) grab the first thing on the floor next to my bed that I still, after dozens of times of asking) havn't picked up my clothes. Shower, brush teeth and tie hair back in 10 minutes.

Weekends between the shower, shave *scratches chin* i do my makeup, and hair I probably spend a good 2-3 hours doing it. However, this time does include times of me just sitting around watching tv, (maybe laying back in bed for an hour :o ) hesitating actually getting ready. If I did it all at once, shower/shave included I'm sure I could get it done in an hour. Half an hour if I didn't shave.
    Errrr I can't think of the last night i actually bothered to get ready to go out and even when i do it rarely takes me longer than 20 mins. However this is usually because i've done the whole shower blow drying hair thing in the morning - so I just have to shove on some clothes and make up.

However 99% of the time I go out straight from work so i just do make up on the tube.

But I would love to have a lovely evening out going somewhere nice where i get to spend hours getting ready and then wearing lovely clothes. I also miss the getting ready with all the girls whilst drinking lots of wine which we used to do when I was younger now I only seem to get to do that on hen nights.
    20 minutes eyebrows? what the hell do you do with them?

I do them while I watch TV - Multi-tasker!! ;)