Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What you think of my dog?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    Is your dog quite tidy when she's in heat? Because mine was fucking terrible - blood and juices everywhere :yuck: After 3 seasons there was no other option but to spay her.

Yeah man, she sprays stuff everywhere! It gets worse when she gets excited or starts running about but it seems to be watering down or something so I take it thats a sign of her coming outta heat.
    Eww

Ewwwwww

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

*puts fingers in ears*

La la la la la la la la la not listening not listening :D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Please Skive, refrain from such crudity!

It's a serious question. Look in health and you'll find loads of question about the same thing from you girlies. :p

My dog this morning, killing a toy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-1_WdNNBUc
    Weekender Offender 
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Eww

Ewwwwww

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

*puts fingers in ears*

La la la la la la la la la not listening not listening :D

:lol:
    Skive wrote:
    It's a serious question. Look in health and you'll find loads of question about the same thing from you girlies. :p

My dog this morning, killing a toy.b

Great vid mate she looks class!
    Yeah man, she sprays stuff everywhere! It gets worse when she gets excited or starts running about but it seems to be watering down or something so I take it thats a sign of her coming outta heat.

In the end I though spaying here was the kindest thing to do aswell. She didn't look comfortable with a big fuck off strawberry hanging out her rear. Poor dog.

Breeding from her wouldn't be any good anyway. Although she's got her papers and that, she got defective ears for staffy, and instead of cropping over they stick up like a gremlin's.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    In the end I though spaying here was the kindest thing to do aswell. She didn't look comfortable with a big fuck off strawberry hanging out her rear. Poor dog.

Breeding from her wouldn't be any good anyway. Although she's got her papers and that, she got defective ears for staffy, and instead of cropping over they stick up like a gremlin's.

How long till the (strawberry) hehe goes away mate? It does look awful.
    Skive wrote:

My dog this morning, killing a toy.
    It's the graphicness and unexpectedness that got me!:crazyeyes
    tbh. I hate it. I hate the whole breed.

it's my humble opinion, so don't argue with me.
    StrubbleS wrote:

More of a poodle man yourself? :eek2:
    More of a poodle man yourself? :eek2:

Jesus christ no.
    Poodles are even worse.
    StrubbleS wrote:

Fair enough, there are breeds of dogs that I'm not too keen on (usually small fancy dogs). Can I ask why you 'hate' them?
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Fair enough, there are breeds of dogs that I'm not too keen on (usually small fancy dogs). Can I ask why you 'hate' them?

1. because they look ugly. they remind me of pictures of 16 year old bodybuilders that can't move anymore, because of all the muscles.
    2. I am not sure if it's something that's in the breed or in the owner of such dogs, but I experienced them always as very violent and agressive.

3. Maybe part of it is the owner too, but people around here with such dogs are usually chavs (our equvalent of chavs [and that's not even generalized]) and they see those dogs as a weapon instead of a pet, and they usually are (dunno it's it's the breed or the raising, but I guess part so part so)
    it's not a dog i'd own either, though i hate those little rat ones too :p

they do kind of have a reputation like strubbles said, but i can't say its totally true cos I haven't really seen many about..
    I always think it's funny that thosee who hate bull terriers and talk of their bad reputaion, generally havn't owned one or had much experience with them.

The fact that they're reputaion for being good with kids speaks volumes I think.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    I always think it's funny that thosee who hate bull terriers and talk of their bad reputaion, generally havn't owned one or had much experience with them.

The fact that they're reputaion for being good with kids speaks volumes I think.

I don't need to own one to think it's ugly or to witness how it behaves.
    Oh I can understand why you may not like the look of them because they are quite stocky, but often that leads people to think that the way the look is somehow reflective of their personality.

I have seen staffies in fights with other dogs, but no more than any other type of dog. And I certainly havn't seen one act agressively towards people. They make crap guard dogs for the simple reason they are so overly freindly.
    Weekender Offender 
    I get so pissed of at people automatically assuming that staffies are an evil and viscous dog. You've got it so fucking wrong! They are the nicest and friendliest dog you'll ever meet, once you have had a staffie in your life you won't have another dog of a diffrent breed ever again!

But for staffie owners I bet you all feel the same about this one! When walking your dog, lets say too a park or something when a mum with her children or a couple walking when they see you coming with your staffie who in which you love and know wouldn't touch a fly let alone a human and they walk out of your way as if to think that your dog will go for them! I get so fucking pissed and say she won't touch you! ARRRRGGGGHH!
    But for staffie owners I bet you all feel the same about this one! When walking your dog, lets say too a park or something when a mum with her children or a couple walking when they see you coming with your staffie who in which you love and know wouldn't touch a fly let alone a human and they walk out of your way as if to think that your dog will go for them! I get so fucking pissed and say she won't touch you! ARRRRGGGGHH!

All the time, but then you get the other extreme too with people coming up and saying hello and how much they love staffies - these people are always owners or previous owners of staffies themselves.

It's seem to be a love or hate thing for most people. Those that love 'em have experience with them, and those that hate them are generally ignorant.
    Weekender Offender 
    I get so pissed of at people automatically assuming that staffies are an evil and viscous dog. You've got it so fucking wrong! They are the nicest and friendliest dog you'll ever meet, once you have had a staffie in your life you won't have another dog of a diffrent breed ever again!

I know what you are saying but I'm terrified of staffies along with other dogs that have a reputation or if they are big etc (if I don't know them). I was attacked by a rottweiler when I was a kid and now I'm petrified of most dogs that I don't know. I have to cross the road or walk the other way. I can't even take the family dog out without having palpatations thinking something's going to happen! It's irrational but I can't help it. And I'm an animal lover and actually love all dogs even if I am scared.

But we know there not and that's all that matters. I used to think staffs were vicious until we bought two, there lovely animals that play with a two year old cousin.

Some staffs are ugly, though I am fortunate that mine dont look like grizzly staffs. As for the bad rep with them, blame the gipos, its them who train them to fight.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I know what you are saying but I'm terrified of staffies along with other dogs that have a reputation or if they are big etc (if I don't know them). I was attacked by a rottweiler when I was a kid and now I'm petrified of most dogs that I don't know. I have to cross the road or walk the other way. I can't even take the family dog out without having palpatations thinking something's going to happen! It's irrational but I can't help it. And I'm an animal lover and actually love all dogs even if I am scared.

That's a bit different though. You have good reason to be scared of dogs.

All I'm saying is that ALL dogs can be trained to be vicious so singling out one breed in particular is pointless.
    Weekender Offender 
    VinylVicky wrote:

Yeah Vicky I see where your coming from. You got a scare as a youngster which I understand your feelings towards dogs. I guess you just gotta meet a few doggies which you know and the owner knows are big softies and regain your confidence with doggies. :D
    HIT wrote:
    , blame the gipos,

I blame the bastards for everything. :D
    Skive wrote:

All I'm saying is that ALL dogs can be trained to be vicious so singling out one breed in particular is pointless.

I've seen labradors being used as guard dogs before and these dogs would have bit your arm off!
    I got attacked by this dog as I showed a bit of fear, some little kid was holding it and it was looking at me so I stood back a little bit and it got wind of that and boom! So I guess I was a little scared before it happened though no where near to the extent I am now.
    Though away from dogs I do know the reality and that is that owner and the way the dogs are treated, make them what they are. Though I did have a yorkshire terrior who was a very nasty dog and nothing bad ever happened to him! If he was a big dog he would have had to be put down.
    I think people that bring dogs up to be fighters, should be shot!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I think people that bring dogs up to be fighters, should be shot!

Here, Here! Best thing you've every said.:yes: :p

I understand where you're coming from but it's basic and reponsible parenting to be vigilant about protecting children from dogs -- or at least exercising caution. Better to annoy a dog owner by being unecessarily cautious than give every dog the benefit of the doubt and endanger your child's life.

As you say, you love the dog and know it wouldn't harm a child but the mother does not. It is very annoying when people leg it halfway across the park on sight of your dog, they do it to me when I'm with my border collie/lab cross who is soft as clarts. It's human instinct to protect your young, in fact isn't it animal instinct... your staffy would probably do the exact same thing in the position ;)

No...

I said, don't argue with me about it.

I can't grasp your madness. You don't have to convice me dude.

Now stop saying that I really need to have one of them. No, I won't. I don't like them, finito.
    I like rainy weather! Go shout at me that sunny weather is better.
    Here, Here! Best thing you've every said.:yes: :p
    :hyper: :crazyeyes