Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lost series 3

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not sure about Eko, maybe he was missing london, but the two actresses convictions for drunk driving pretty much sealed their fate - well sealed Anna Lucia's - Libby got a role in a new pilot elsewhere.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Surprised to hear ratings are down, I thoguht the show was hugely popular all over the world :confused:
    This latest series has been very engaging :)
  • Options
    I was looking for this thread earlier and could find it! :D
    I thought that last episode was good, it didnt open up more questions again of course though. Like why did the 'smoke' attack eko? If that man wasn't ekos brother, then who was he? Was he a clone? were the other 'dead people' sightings (and walt) clones? etc etc
  • Options
    I think the smoke can take the form of people from the losties past. Eko: his brother, Kate: black horse, jack: his dad, Sawyer: the boar?, hurley: dave, shannon: walt

Plus the smoke seems to be leading people to their deaths, eko and shannon are two where they died but jack fell of a cliff when he followded his dad, hurley nearly jumped off a cliff if it wasnt for libby
  • Options
    I've seen the first 4 episodes of season 3 and I enjoy watching LOST but the story line is going nowhere, infact the storylines of the character's past lives are more interesting then what's happening to them on the island.

It's just going around in circles.

Kind of reminds me of ALIAS that was interesting when it first started and just got more and more boring as it went on.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    film_buff wrote:
    I think the smoke can take the form of people from the losties past. Eko: his brother, Kate: black horse, jack: his dad, Sawyer: the boar?, hurley: dave, shannon: walt

Plus the smoke seems to be leading people to their deaths, eko and shannon are two where they died but jack fell of a cliff when he followded his dad, hurley nearly jumped off a cliff if it wasnt for libby
    I agree on all that, and it's clear that this is what the "monster" does or at least what they want us to think it does -they've tricked us (or me at least) before.
    But I disagree on Walt. Why would Shannon see him of all people? She didn't have a great bond to him or anything.
    That black "other" had asked Michael if Walk has ever "appeared somewhere he couldn't be". Walt does seem to have special abilites (other hints in the past) so perhaps he somehow "projected" himself there. And if you remember, he was making the "Sssh" gesture when Shannon saw him. If she had listened and stayed quiet, she wouldn't have been shot...
  • Options
    Very good episode I thought today! Shame it doesn't start again till February!!!

Talk about dragging it out!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Nash wrote:
    Very good episode I thought today! Shame it doesn't start again till February!!!

Talk about dragging it out!
    I was expecting something like a huge revelation or hint that would keep us on our toes until the next...
    Good episode overall, but I was kinda disappointed.

I'm glad to see John go back to his old self though, "Everything happens for a reason".
  • Options
    I was beginning to get a bit bored with this series, no real cliff hangers but episode 6 - OMFG!! :shocking::D
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    I was beginning to get a bit bored with this series, no real cliff hangers but episode 6 - OMFG!! :shocking::D

Left hanging for too long though!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, fuck its not on again for ages is it. :banghead:
  • Options
    Why isn't it on till February?
  • Options
    In America the only ratings that matter are 'sweeps weeks' when the viewers over a week are calculated. Although shows have always timed big cliff hangers or series starts/ends or crossovers to these weeks there is a growing intention to try and capture as many sweeps with the most popular shows.

As a result something like Lost will have rushed through the filming of the first 6 episodes to get the conclusion into the sweeps for November, but now they will finish the filming and start rebroadcasting in Feburary.

If you think about it it's actually been a very, very quick turn around since the end of series 2 and these 6 episodes, so even ignoring the sweeps issue (the next is unsurprisingly in Feb) I doubt they would be able to do the complete run without a break anyway.

It'll be interesting to see how it times with Sky though, given the November start they can't be into Feburary with an episode a week, so may end up with a Battlestar/Babylon 5 situation where episodes of a US show are shown on UK cable before they appear in the US. (Though sky may just break for a few weeks in early Jan).
  • Options
    Kind of reminds me of ALIAS that was interesting when it first started and just got more and more boring as it went on.

Well JJ Abhrams was an important creator on both Alias and Lost, and to be honest he does seem to have a habit of creating interesting situations then pissing off and leaving the shows to go down the drain...

If they had any balls they'd publically announce the shows end (Say at the end of season 4 to give time to tie things up and the actors to invest the earnings) and then stick to it - I'm sick of nothing have proper endings anymore and just tailing off with unresolved cliff hangers (although at least the West Wing finished in style).
  • Options
    When it restarts in the USA i read that UK's Sky will be a week behind at most.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    If they had any balls they'd publically announce the shows end (Say at the end of season 4 to give time to tie things up and the actors to invest the earnings) and then stick to it - I'm sick of nothing have proper endings anymore and just tailing off with unresolved cliff hangers (although at least the West Wing finished in style).

I'm coming round to that way of thinking too and i just read this article too...
    Now let’s imagine an alternate reality in which, say, Lost was designed to run for only two seasons. Rather than getting an increasingly tedious shaggy-dog story, we’d get 48 episodes of tightly plotted, expertly interwoven suspense. Viewers would be both more willing to sign on at the beginning (knowing their investment will pay off) and more inclined to buy DVDs later (either as catch-up for newbies or as a satisfying boxed set).

link