Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

i hate alcohol

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I never drink red wine. But I do often drink white and rose and wine generally is one of the worst culprits for hangovers. But I'll still get horrible hangovers when I've just drank vodka all night, and that's suppost to be one of the best things for not giving you a hangover.

And LadyJade, I do drink alot, but less than my friends do when we go out, and i'll always have the worst hangover :(

Mixing wines is going to be a bad idea, almost regardless of the amount drunk.

As for how much you drink vs. your hangover, its not a strict relationship, every body is different in how they react, much like everyone is different in their reaction to alcohol.
    According to that, I had 26.7 units Tuesday night :crazyeyes

Hahahahaha. Oops.
    26? fuck thats alot!! over how many hours?
    I started drinking at 7.30pm and stopped just after 2am.

I always have a bottle of wine before I go out.

It was alot that night as we bought lots of shots all night too.
    I started drinking at 7.30pm and stopped just after 2am.

It was alot that night as we bought lots of shots all night too.

Errr wine :yuck:
    I used to do the same, espescially if I knew I didn't have alot of money to buy many drinks out, I'd have one of the many bottles of wine that we have floating around the house before I left. It makes me feel ill now though, although recently I've found I can stand white wine a bit more, still won't touch red wine though.
    It's funny when it gets to that stage on a night out when you're SOOO fucked and you know that you've had way, way too much but somehow you don't care. Someone offers you another shot and you just know there's a high chance of spewing after this one but fuck it, you just wanna get as screwed as possible...
    I'd never drink red wine before a night out, I paid the price of blue teeth once and never again. That'll learn me for buying cheapo stuff :razz:

I don't drink at all before going out now, actually, though I always did in my student days. Now it's more likely to lead to my being EXTREMEly fucked and praying to the porcelain god.
    Red wine is minging.

I only drink white.

You have a whole bottle to yourself before you leave the house? How often do you drink like that?
    Plus I fucking hate all this posh French dry shit,
    Only wine I can tolerate is sweet, white German wine from the Rhine and Mosel. Blue Nun, Black Tower, Liebfraumilch, Schwarze Katze (from the town of Zell on the Mosel if anyone knows it)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Only wine I can tolerate is sweet, white German wine from the Rhine and Mosel. Blue Nun, Black Tower, Liebfraumilch, Schwarze Katze (from the town of Zell on the Mosel if anyone knows it)

:yuck:

It's go to be New World and preferably Aussie stuff.

White's great for getting pissed, red is nice if you having a meal.
    Weekender Offender 
    budda wrote:
    You have a whole bottle to yourself before you leave the house? How often do you drink like that?
    Whenever I go out which is only once or twice a week at most now I'm back at uni.
    i drink about 8 - 10 units on a night out and thats me wasted!
    Seriously?!

Well apparently a bottle is about 10 units (at 13% - this is what I usually get) and that has me a little tipsy but not much.

I'm weird though. I drink a hell of alot more than my girly mates.

8-10 units would not have me pissed all.

I seem to remember you saying you are 8 stone though. I'm heavier than you so it probably takes alot more for me to get drunk.
    yeh im 8stone. i've always been a lightweight :D
    when i was at uni though i used to drink a lot more than i do now. im glad i don't get that drunk anymore though - i like remembering my nights!
    Haha.

I used to be a light weight when I was 16/17. I'm much better now.

The only reason why I get drunk around the same time my mates do is because I drink much much more!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I'm not sure that drinking well beyond the recommended maximum could be considered 'better' than staying within the limits. That is a lot of alcohol to be consuming on a regular basis, and you won't escape with your health unscathed.
    LadyJade wrote:
    I'm not sure that drinking well beyond the recommended maximum could be considered 'better' than staying within the limits. That is a lot of alcohol to be consuming on a regular basis, and you won't escape with your health unscathed.

Exactly, the limits are a bit too prescriptive, and especially when you are young do feel too low. But necking back 25 units in one evening does suggest a tolerance which it cant be too healthy to aquire.
    According to that, I had 26.7 units Tuesday night :crazyeyes

Hahahahaha. Oops.

thats some goin for a girl!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Women shouldn't get pissed as much as men. They can't handle it.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Women shouldn't get pissed as much as men. They can't handle it.

Its also quite a lot easier for them to get chemically addicted.
    I used to be a light weight when I was 16/17. I'm much better now.
    better? more damage to your body, much worse hangovers and spending alot more money. i don't think being able to drink someone under the table is something to be proud of unless you're a silly boy :p
    z- wrote:
    thats some goin for a girl!
    Its called hanging around with boys all the time for YEARS.

I don't make a habit of drinking that much. Its only when I count it the next day that I've realised how much I've drank.

Last Tuesday was a big night. It was obvious I'd drank too much because I was sick when I woke up the next morning and I'm never sick. It was the first time I was sick in the morning actually.

I do usually drink 15-20 units on a night out though.

Oh and lipsy, I don't try and drink people under the table and its not something I'm proud of either. I know girls who can drink more than me. Also, it depends what I've eaten that day, etc.

Its not like I make a habit out of drinking that much or anything. I go out about once/twice a week. I'm not going out for a while though as I've got alot on.

Oh and Lipsy, its not like you can criticise me for drinking lots too either when referring to damaging my body, I know what you doooo :p

Still, we are all adults and we all make our own decisions.
    i know i just hate hangovers from alcohol they're the worst :(
    and i was also saying that its not better to have a higher tolerance for all fo the reasons above. small amounts of anything gets me fucked :)
    budda wrote:
    Its also quite a lot easier for them to get chemically addicted.

How come?
    lipsy wrote:
    i know i just hate hangovers from alcohol they're the worst :(
    and i was also saying that its not better to have a higher tolerance for all fo the reasons above. small amounts of anything gets me fucked :)
    I know. I suffer really badly from hangovers. My mates say I'm the "queen" of hangovers. Its probably because I drink so much. When I'm hungover, I don't feel better until the next day.
    Whenever I go out which is only once or twice a week at most now I'm back at uni.
    that's still at the very very least 2 bottles of wine a week!
    Well I used to drink about 4 bottles of wine plus fuck knows amount of pints and other shit a week. Haha.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Well I used to drink about 4 bottles of wine plus fuck knows amount of pints and other shit a week. Haha.

It's a good life isn't it? :D
    lipsy wrote:
    better? more damage to your body, much worse hangovers and spending alot more money. i don't think being able to drink someone under the table is something to be proud of unless you're a silly boy :p

Doesn't the same thing go for a high tolerance of all drugs though, not just alcohol?
    Bullseye wrote:
    Doesn't the same thing go for a high tolerance of all drugs though, not just alcohol?
    well yes of course but i was commenting on snowhitequeen having such a high tolerance of alcohol and thinking that was "better" than drinking less.