Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Baked Beans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Kinda random but....aren't they just amazing?
They go well with pretty much anything and they even taste good cold!! Quick to cook and so tastey! Just thought they deserve a thread dedicated to them.
Anyone else love them, or maybe even hate them? I've only known two people in my life that hate baked beans, one of my mates and my ex girlfriend.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, they are amazing. You can't beat beans on toast with cheese on top :yum:

I much prefer supermarket own brand beans to Heinz though, specifically Tesco. Just FYI.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I don't like them, far too mushy and sweet.
    briggi wrote:
    Yes, they are amazing. You can't beat beans on toast with cheese on top :yum:

I much prefer supermarket own brand beans to Heinz though, specifically Tesco. Just FYI.

Nah Heinz will always be superior! :yum:
    But yeah beans on toast with cheese on top is insanity! There was this little tea shop place in Brighton called the Mock Turtle that used to do the BEST beans on toast and cheese on toast I've ever had in my life... I don't know what they did to it...it had like tomatoes and I think mustard in it somewhere (not alot though cos I hate mustard) but everytime I asked them how they made it they kept saying how it was their secret recipy.
    Beans are great, and they are good for you!

mmm Heinz beans on toast!

I love the flavoured beans, Mean Beanz, and the curried one's mmmm

I want beans now! :yum:
    They are the spawn of the devil, they make me feel sick just thinking about them!!
    JamesZero wrote:
    They are the spawn of the devil, they make me feel sick just thinking about them!!
    what if i pour them over my naked body and let you lick them off me? :lol:
    i love heinz beans :yum:
    a fry up, fish fingers or mash potato just wouldnt be the same without them!
    I hate them, I really do :)
    lipsy wrote:

Is that an open offer? With cheese too!

Beans, cheese and chips is fairly nice. I havent had chips in about 6 or 7 weeks :eek:
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Heinz all the way, i can't stand cheapy beans or beans with reduced sugar.
    lipsy wrote:

The I would probably be sick on you! :thumb: :p
    JamesZero wrote:
    The I would probably be sick on you! :thumb: :p
    ooooh kinky ;)
    lipsy wrote:
    ooooh kinky ;)

:lol:
    Whatever floats your boat!
    Beans are delish though I prefer tinned tomatoes with a fry up Or if no tinned, a grileld fresh tomato and beans. But never tinned tomatoes and beans together!
    And I suppose I'm not a massive lover but I never really notice that much difference between brands.
    lipsy wrote:
    i love heinz beans :yum:
    a fry up, fish fingers or mash potato just wouldnt be the same without them!

:yes:

Agreed!
    I love beans - but my mate eats cold baked bean sandwiches, which is just taking the obsession tooooo far in my opinion.
    Heinz beans mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    tesco own brand beans, can't beat em :thumb:

mmmm beans and cheese on jacket potato. yum yum
    there ok, but there always there just to make the meal look better for me, everything else on my plate is always nicer. umm i do love tinned beans and sausages though
    i cant stand them at all. they terrify me. no it sounds daft but i had dream where i was drowning in them and they were in my mouth and up my nose and everything and i couldnt breath. they shit me up proper bad. never have been a big fan but nw i cant even look at them
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    i_am_bex wrote:
    i cant stand them at all. they terrify me. no it sounds daft but i had dream where i was drowning in them and they were in my mouth and up my nose and everything and i couldnt breath. they shit me up proper bad. never have been a big fan but nw i cant even look at them
    Hahahaha
    i_am_bex wrote:

i take it you don't flick "the bean" at night then:lol:
    i_am_bex wrote:

Crazy :lol:
    i like beans but not cold ones!
    i_am_bex wrote:

I'm not that extreme, but they still make me shudder a bit for some reason.

Don't like slimy food at all really :yuck:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I used to love them, then I went through a stage of finding them revolting but I've recently dicovered them again. Cold from the tin is best.
    Weekender Offender 
    Mmm, beans. Briggi is right, Tesco beans are good, although I buy Heinz if they are on offer! Yum.

Asda beans = :yuck: