Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Britain 'wide open' to visiting UFOs

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree with him, they should follow them up. What if it's a spy drone from switzerland, or something? Surely a threat to security. UFO means unidentified flying object, not necessarily ET and his mates. If there are unknown objects flying over the countryside that could pose a threat to the security of the UK then the MoD has a duty to investigate. If you've seen some of the UAVs available now, the average citizen wouldn't be able to identify it. In fact, some are even in the shape of a flying saucer, with a helicopter blade in the middle, as it allows it to hover and take photographs.

Mind you, apparently most UFOs are 'weather phenomenon'. Hmmmmmm :chin:
    phenomenon

Do do, do-do-do.
    Phenomenon
    Do-do do do
    Phenomenon
    do do do do-do do do-do do do-do do do do do-do Do

:D
    I'm fairly concerned that 40% of the people responding to that online poll believe in - and are scared of - aliens (me, not so much, obviously).
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Nick Pope! He's still active (in a way)! :hyper:
    I've read about him, his is an interesting story... I don't think aliens are necessarily hostile, but who knows? He surely knows more than I do, anyway.

By the way, that poll is crap. What if you do believe UFOs exist but aren't scared of aliens, or don't think they're green, or don't think UFOs are piloted by aliens?
    if something has the technology to come here from another planet, somehow I don't think the RAF is going to stand much chance in dealing with them
    Unless their planet is on a totally different scale to ours and they're all 1 mm tall. Then we could just squish them. It is possible, you know.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    LucieLu wrote:
    Unless their planet is on a totally different scale to ours and they're all 1 mm tall. Then we could just squish them. It is possible, you know.
    Yeah, they might come to begin a war and end up having their whole fleet swallowed by a small dog. :p
    Exactly! :razz:
    Yeah, they might come to begin a war and end up having their whole fleet swallowed by a small dog. :p

That reminds me of something I heard once. I can't remember. Think it was hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

UFOs exist, but not of Alien origin. It would be too big to cover up, for one thing.

What we should be worried about is secret weapons being developed by governments. It's not just faster, better armored, better equiped tanks and helicopters you know. China is developing nanoweapons that could find the detonators on US Nukes and disable them. They have a website, cant remember what it is though. China hi tech, project864.com or something. :confused:

It's funny, when people film something 'strange' then army officers turn up and take them away, that they come to the conclusion it's aliens. Obviously, they were performing secret weapons tests! Recently there has been a bomb developed that can take out 40 tanks at once, without a large explosion. It fires molten hot pellets of some metal that fly through the armour and blow up the insides.

If in 1940 they were developing weapons that depended on splitting an atom, you can bet your arse they have SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful weapons these days. I wouldn't be surprised if they've got cloaking devices.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they've got cloaking devices.

The was an item on Yahoo news about this. Been done apparently. 5-10 years time they reckon they'll have the technology to 'cloak' something the size of a tank.

Clicky
    LucieLu wrote:

But what if their 1mm high with death rays than can obliterate a small city :eek:
    Or what about rockets you can fire up so high they go into space, and then can land anywhere on the planet, without warning. Oh yea, ICBMs :p. Silly me.

We shouldn't be scared of little green men, we should be scared of the main governments of the world.

There is a weapon that fires longitudinal EM waves over a population for a long... you wont feel the effects... but it slightly reduces your white blood cell count increasing your chance of infection and disease.
    There is a weapon that fires longitudinal EM waves over a population for a long... you wont feel the effects... but it slightly reduces your white blood cell count increasing your chance of infection and disease.

I know I shouldn't laugh and I'm sure in real life it's scary - but 'oh my god, they are pointing the weapon that slightly increases our chance of infection at us' isn't as scary as 'he's got a gun!' :p

All these new weapons are, are new ways of killing people. And there are plenty of ways to do that already, so nothing much changes.
    this was in the register to, link. thought it was quite amusing :)
    I find the concept of life on other planets fascinating, and believe there probably is life out there somewhere, but I dont think ufo's are of extra terrestrial origin.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Do do, do-do-do.
    Phenomenon
    Do-do do do
    Phenomenon
    do do do do-do do do-do do do-do do do do do-do Do

:D

manamana
    Fiend_85 wrote:

too many http's ! :p
    fixed. sorry
    if something has the technology to come here from another planet, somehow I don't think the RAF is going to stand much chance in dealing with them

Precisely. If they come and want to do harm then basically we're fucked untli we establish the mean to fight them and we won't know what they are until we meet them.

No-one knew that they needed air defence until airplanes were invented, for example.
    If they are 4 dimensional beings they could step outside of our plane of space, warp over to Earth, stand next to you just outside our plane, reach through, grab your heart and pull it back out to theirs.

How the fuck do we defend against that??? :chin:

Maybe we should invent 4 dimensional power sword things, like in X-Com. :yes:

Be prepared for:
    - aliens
    - velociraptors
    - rampaging killer robots
    - cockroaches
    - crazed American dictators taking over the world

and we should be ok.
    Why not send a blank cheque to Dame Eliza Manningham-Buller and her colleagues ?

At the very least she will tell you that you are more "secure". ;)
    Any alien would be utterly nuts to come to Earth. We must be at least a few good 3-4 centuries before we reach a level civilised enough for the likes of a race that has mastered space travel.

Unless of couse they come here for some kind of 'adventure holiday' :D
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    UFO's are a serious issue whatever they are.

They could be spy planes. They could be aliens. They could be something our government isn't telling us about.

I consider ALL of those serious issues.
    If they are 4 dimensional beings.

we're 4 dimensional beings, time is the 4th one :p

we just have no control over its flow. (yet)