Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My hair and its crapness !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well basically ive had the same hair cut for years ! I want to change it but it gets quite curly, so ive finally found some good hair gel that can manage it.

I need a change, but i have no idea what would suit me or where to really look for new styles etc.

ive added a pic of my hair (when its rather long)

Any ideas?

p.s. im the bloke....looking rather drunk...it was my 21st ok !:D

Comments

• Options
    I think it looks quite nice the way it is.
  • Options
    I agree with lea, you look fine as you are to me.
  • Options
    I'm sure it's the opposite of what you want to do, but I'd have to say grow it longer so it curls more. I am an absolute sucker for curly hair :love:
  • Options
    thanks for saying it looks nice.

the thing is ive had it like this for years, and a friend of mine came round a while ago and i hadnt seen her in ages, and she said "well you havent changed one bit"

Which kinda pissed me off. So i want a change ! lol
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'm sure it's the opposite of what you want to do, but I'd have to say grow it longer so it curls more. I am an absolute sucker for curly hair :love:
    Oooo same here!
  • Options
    I'd suggest growing it. Takes a while before it starts looking good, but if you're patient I think it would really suit you.
  • Options
    have a look at hairstyles on models and celebrities in magazines and websites. then when you have an idea, get yourself to a good hair stylist.
  • Options
    Cut it short, really short. I reckon that'd suit you.
    You have nice teeth.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

i agree, curly hair is sooo hot.

but i do think your hair looks really nice as it is! :]
  • Options
    Hmm...ive had it shaved off....really really awful ! lol

Maybe ill grow it, then if it looks crap i can get it cut back to normal.

The main problem is ive never been to the hairdresser....my mum has always cut my hair....yes she is a hair dresser!

Wish i kinda posted this last week...had a hair cut then...doh !
  • Options
    i think its in an inbetween length right now. its too long to have it gelled up yet its too short to do anything else with it.
  • Options
    grow it.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    grow it.
    I agree!
  • Options
    dont grow it to any longer then about 4 inches root to tip, long hair on men makes me want to hurl. imo. no offence
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote:
    dont grow it to any longer then about 4 inches root to tip, long hair on men makes me want to hurl. imo. no offence

:yes::heart::yes::thumb: But 1-2 inches.
  • Options
    Grow it without doubt. Mine was pretty much the same length and style, decided to go for broke and grow it and see what happened. My last hair cut was in May and its now just about covered my ears and look a hell of a lot better then when it was short, and still on the grow.

Try it, you might like it.
  • Options
    Grow it without doubt. Mine was pretty much the same length and style, decided to go for broke and grow it and see what happened. My last hair cut was in May and its now just about covered my ears and look a hell of a lot better then when it was short, and still on the grow.

Try it, you might like it.
    yeh but you should still get it trimmed/styled. unless you're going for the scruff look :p
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    yeh but you should still get it trimmed/styled. unless you're going for the scruff look :p

lol well I haven't finished growing it yet, still a way to go, and yeah I do kinda like it scruffy :D
  • Options
    lol well I haven't finished growing it yet, still a way to go, and yeah I do kinda like it scruffy :D
    how dya know its not growing out into a crap style though :p i mean what if its long at the back and shorter at the sides or something? just coz you're growing it doesn't mean it shouldn't be styled.
  • Options
    Ok...so im gonna grow it..yeh i wil lget it trimmed now and then, grows faster dont it.

How do you style longish hair?

Also what sort of length is "long" ?? :blush:
  • Options
    well longish hair (im talking ear to chin length here) is really popular at the moment with indie bands etc. so just have a look through magazines to give you some inspiration. a hair stylist will know whats going on too.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    how dya know its not growing out into a crap style though :p i mean what if its long at the back and shorter at the sides or something? just coz you're growing it doesn't mean it shouldn't be styled.

I will get it cut it when I see fit, so shush ;)
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I think it looks quite nice the way it is.

I agree. I hate those "club hairdos" that look like you can set your watch after them. Nothing beats a bit of "coordinated" fuzziness in your hair.

Usually I have them rather short, but right now I have them around ~1,5 inches long, and when I put my hand through my hair the will stand up in a pretty cool way (without gel). I'll leave them like that for now.