Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Shorter periods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've seen some commercials recently for a new (I think) pill that gives you lighter shorter periods (on average only 3 days or less), Loestrin 24 Fe. (combined pill, not one of those single hormone pills) How do you say so long to a period thats too long... stupid phrase always gets caught in my head after I see it. Is anybody on anything like this? How are the side effects? It sounds intriguing but I like to hear experiences first ;)

From the looks of it, it has 3 weeks and 3 days of active pills, then 4 inactive.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol you have commercials for them?
    oops, my bad, wrong thread, if a mod can delete this post :p
    VinylVicky wrote:
    lol you have commercials for them?

Yep, there are TV ads for all sorts of prescription medication in the US, thats the beauty of making it an open market, there's a tidy profit to be had.
    so nobody is on anything like this, then?
    It sounds like a branded version of starting the next packet sooner to have a shorter period.
    Loestrin is available over here, its not common though. theres 2 different ones, Loestrin 20 and 30. I just looked it up on netdoctor and its a combined pill of ethinylestradial(sp) and norethisterone. And you take 21 days then 7 free.

Others with the same active ingredients are Brevinor, Trinovum, Norimin, Ovysmen and a couple of others but none of these are commonly used anymore.

I used to take Ovysmen about 6 years ago for about 3 years, when i went to the doctors 4 months ago to start on the pill again and saw a locum, he'd never heard of Ovysmen and just gave me Microgynon.