Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mates gotten really self centred

hey again people.

I posted a thread a couple months back asking on my mates behalf if this girlfriend was interested in him, he got her anyway.

Trouble is, he had to change everything about him (clothes, hair, hobbies,hell he even lost 2 stone!) just to get this girl. I said "good on you for all you've done." since then, all he talks about is how hes gonna do this and that like im gonna get a car and take her driving, im gonna buy the same phone as her so we can be closer together. In addition to coming to my place only when he wants to brag about his shit and to use my internet. Not only that, hes being critical of me like saying "you need these types of clothes" and "you go to bed too early, stay up till 3!". when hes not doing that, hes asking me about things about him and his girl like "is she mad at me for loosing her phone? and I look at him like :eek2:

what does this look like to you?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol

he regailed me with a tail of how he got her to strip naked in a park during firework night and covered her up with a jacket I lent him!
  • Options
    Sounds like a right twat.
  • Options
    belive it or not your not the first person to notice.
    I cant sit in a room with him anymore without wanting to whack him
  • Options
    christ...

my mates pretty clingy as well, like he always has to talk to her on MSN and rings her after to talk as well?

WTF?!
  • Options
    Yeah, thats gay, like I honestly care what they do in their relationship, I mean without piccies from the park, its just radio, he was whinging a couple weeks back about "her ex wants her back cause I ignore her." I was thinking in the space of a week, you insult her, loose her phone, her housekeys, her braclet and broke one of her sandals. he only rings her when im there funny enough.
  • Options
    hey again people.

I posted a thread a couple months back asking on my mates behalf if this girlfriend was interested in him, he got her anyway.

Trouble is, he had to change everything about him (clothes, hair, hobbies,hell he even lost 2 stone!) just to get this girl. I said "good on you for all you've done." since then, all he talks about is how hes gonna do this and that like im gonna get a car and take her driving, im gonna buy the same phone as her so we can be closer together. In addition to coming to my place only when he wants to brag about his shit and to use my internet. Not only that, hes being critical of me like saying "you need these types of clothes" and "you go to bed too early, stay up till 3!". when hes not doing that, hes asking me about things about him and his girl like "is she mad at me for loosing her phone? and I look at him like :eek2:

A good paraphrased "I am I and not your girlfriend. So keep that seperated." should do the trick. Oh my... he finally has a girl, let him talk and talk, but as soon as he's dissing and criticizing you, bring it up that you feel mistreated and that he should overthink his words twice.

Being rough with a friend is sometimes a bigger deed for a friendship as absorbing that shit.
  • Options
    Yeah, thats gay, like I honestly care what they do in their relationship, I mean without piccies from the park, its just radio, he was whinging a couple weeks back about "her ex wants her back cause I ignore her." I was thinking in the space of a week, you insult her, loose her phone, her housekeys, her braclet and broke one of her sandals. he only rings her when im there funny enough.

Lol do you have a pic? I wanna put a face to this life you've been sharing with us for the past while.
  • Options
    can't find one... yet.
  • Options
    hey again people.

It looks like he's a little bitch who'll come looking for you for company when she's finally bored of him/lost all respect for him. Tbh, it doesn't sound like he's being himself around her, if he's changing that much about himself. Fair enough if he'd changed all those things for himself, then happened to get a girlfriend, but from what you've said it doesn't sound like that. It sounds like the sorts of things you do to impress a girl in school - pretending to be into the same things as they are, worrying that something you do is going to make her stop liking you (and the "stay up 'til 3" comment only confirms this). Oh well, there's probably not much you can do about it for now. Just watch. It's called learning from other people's mistakes, and it's a lot less painful than learning from your own.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    A good paraphrased "I am I and not your girlfriend. So keep that seperated." should do the trick. Oh my... he finally has a girl, let him talk and talk, but as soon as he's dissing and criticizing you, bring it up that you feel mistreated and that he should overthink his words twice.

Being rough with a friend is sometimes a bigger deed for a friendship as absorbing that shit.

I agree. When I get with someone new I'm always talking about them to the annoyance of my friends but when he starts just being plain nasty to you is when it's got out of control.
  • Options
    he rung me last night to say "im with my girl in palmers green, if my mum rings, tell her I just left your place."

hes nearly 19 and his mum don't know he has a girlfriend.
  • Options
    he rung me last night to say "im with my girl in palmers green, if my mum rings, tell her I just left your place."

hes nearly 19 and his mum don't know he has a girlfriend.

Larrrfing! This guy sounds in need of some real help...!
  • Options
    I think its a lil unfair to use me for an alibi but she is (or was) a muslim and hes sri lankan and her dad hates him already so if his mum found out...
  • Options
    heres a story: he came round to use my internet to send her a text (without asking), she said she can't come out so I said come to central london with me and his girl gets pissed with ME for inviting him out with me when she couldn't go out, she expects him to stay home, what a bitch!
  • Options
    Sack him off for a bit and see how he feels
  • Options
    thats the plan.
  • Options
    heres a story: he came round to use my internet to send her a text (without asking), she said she can't come out so I said come to central london with me and his girl gets pissed with ME for inviting him out with me when she couldn't go out, she expects him to stay home, what a bitch!
    Him what a bitch! Tell him to grow a pair of balls for fucks sake.
  • Options
    Him what a bitch! Tell him to grow a pair of balls for fucks sake.

:yes:
  • Options
    this has made me feel alot better.
    fuck, he's turned into a major tit just because he got this one girl.
    like to see what happens when she dumps him.
  • Options

She should understand that he has other friends and she isn't his property. I need to do this as well...
  • Options
    he just said she got pissed with me and then when I tried to ask why, he just said "its just women"
  • Options
    They sound like a pair of twits.;
  • Options
    im beginning to think they are...
  • Options
    then again, I think I may be a small bit envious of him because I saw a pic of her and wow. Then again all he had to do was change almost everything about himself. (he briefly had a bout of manorexia, which I thought was pretty funny)
  • Options
    (he briefly had a bout of manorexia, which I thought was pretty funny)
    Why?
  • Options
    not in that way, like he wouldn't swallow chocolate (he just chewed it and spat it out.) and kept asking me if he looked fat. Not laughing at manorexia, in general its no joke
  • Options
    just a l'il update.

It appears that she's had a falling out with him because he made out with her best friend a year ago and shes not speaking to him. hes scared shes gonna ditch him. thing is I feel bad for him, I just said give her a couple days to cool off then see what happens.
  • Options
    Sounds like this girl is screwing you're mate around and turning him into a dickhead aswell.
    She's not talking to him cos he made out with her mate a year ago? But that was a year ago, they weren't going out then were they? So what's her fucking problem?
    Sounds to me like a couple of people here got some serious issues, might actually be a good idea sitting you're mate down and explaining everything to him from the way you see it.
  • Options
    hes being all whiney about it now.