Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Southend 1 - 0 Man U

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Addict wrote:
    What about your international side?

Is that your mistress who you enjoy visiting once in a while?

England dont count under this surely??

im a bit funny with international football tho.

i'd rather my club side do well than england win the world cup.

club before country.
    Personally i do keep an eye on Exeter City and have been to a few games but thats only while im here at uni. Cardiff City all the way.
    renzibaby, looking forward to us beating you on saturday and going top of league? thought so. xx
    There's only one english team that I support and that's Leeds.
    However I also follow Bayern Munich, not really a supporter as such but I watch any of their games on English TV and they are always my favourite foreign team, plus I've been to their stadium (partly cos I spent a while living in Bavaria)
    koe_182 wrote:
    renzibaby, looking forward to us beating you on saturday and going top of league? thought so. xx

No chance. The came against Colchester was bad luck. We're going to remain at the top of the table where we belong.
    Renzo wrote:
    No chance. The came against Colchester was bad luck. We're going to remain at the top of the table where we belong.

How's Kev McNaughton getting on?
    Bri-namite wrote:
    How's Kev McNaughton getting on?

He's been doing good ta. He's just come back from an injury but he's been in fine form.
    Tell me, how are your crowds these days compared to 1992, for instance?
    Well, to start with a lot of the attendance has dropped since Bates came in, hes increased prices by a hell of a lot and a lot of people just can't afford to go and watch them, he's also moved people out of their seats they've had season tickets in for years and people didn't like it and stopped going.
    Me personally am not in a financial situation to go watch them week in and out, I do like to go every now and again but at the minute I just haven't got the money to go and watch them get pumped by 4/5 goals. Also how can you justify paying £26 (cheapest seat) to watch a team who are the bottom of the championship? Its scandalous.
    and ffs a leeds fan laughing at this?? you should have your own worries my friend, things are not looking good for you this season, you've got another beating comnig your way when we beat you towards the end of the month..
    Errrrrr, not much better a fucking Burnley fan laughing at it really :lol:
    But I won't hide behind the fact Leeds are shite at the moment, I've never denied it but when a team like Southend beat the Scum it's a time in football us lowly championship strugglers get to smile and be a bit smug to our Lancashire neighbours, that ok with you?? Or is it only the top Prem teams who can laugh at the result?? cos thats basically what your saying.
    What about your international side?

Is that your mistress who you enjoy visiting once in a while?
    International and Domestic football are two totally different forms of the game, so its not just a bit different, its totally different to supporting two domestic teams.
    To me they are the same thing, I see FC as the supporters club, I'll always support United.
    You've changed your tune, what a muppet. Glazers ok now then?? All the shite you spouted about never supporting them again, never going to old trafford again, boycotting the club, what a load of bollocks coming from another shite talking scummer.
    Thank you and good night :thumb:
    Errrrrr, not much better a fucking Burnley fan laughing at it really :lol:

i'd certainly rather be in our position than yours at the moment, top of the league after saturday....playing well...good squad...good manager...

whereas you lot rely on Ian Moore to get your goals, haha it makes me chuckle everytime i see him play, he's terrible.

robbie blake :thumb: however
    the southend goal keeper is a bit yummy. this is the best picture i could find http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/1c/f9/0,,10444~2947356,00.jpg - none of them really do him justice. :no:
    :yes: i would
    also how ill is alex ferguson looking? i saw him in the paper yesterday and his face is so red and blotchy like a raging alcoholics!
    lipsy wrote:
    also how ill is alex ferguson looking? i saw him in the paper yesterday and his face is so red and blotchy like a raging alcoholics!
    Thats cos he snorts Gin on a daily basis :yes:
    koe_182 wrote:
    i'd certainly rather be in our position than yours at the moment, top of the league after saturday....playing well...good squad...good manager...

whereas you lot rely on Ian Moore to get your goals, haha it makes me chuckle everytime i see him play, he's terrible.

robbie blake :thumb: however
    Obviously didn't get my point, your STILL a championship team, bleating on like your ruling fucking europe, if you have a right to laugh at the scum then so do everybody else. Don't know why I have to explain why I'm laughing at the scum just cos I'm a Leeds fan and we are doing shite at the moment. Just a stupid thing to say in the first place.

Ohhh and I doubt you'll be up their all season, but reap it in while it lasts, Burnley in the Premiership anyone?? Ohhh how that would be a funny sight.
    :wave:
    Back to Cardiff City for a sec....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/6135206.stm

If this goes through its a big coup isnt it?!
    You've changed your tune, what a muppet. Glazers ok now then?? All the shite you spouted about never supporting them again, never going to old trafford again, boycotting the club, what a load of bollocks coming from another shite talking scummer.
    Thank you and good night :thumb:

No I haven't, I never said I stopped supporting United, I will not be going back to OT as long as the yank is there and I certainly do not think the Glazers are ok. I still want United to win, I don't see what the fuck that has to do with wanting the Glazers out, two seperate things.

FC fans are United supporters, quite a lot still do United aways and 99.9% have held season tickets at OT and given them up either because of the takeover or because they can't afford it anymore.

You don't know what your on about.
    Ohhh and I doubt you'll be up their all season, but reap it in while it lasts, Burnley in the Premiership anyone?? Ohhh how that would be a funny sight.
    :wave:

we'd get beat week in week out, and probably get the lowest points total ever, wouldnt bother me or 99% of other burnley fans out there. i'd still enjoy every minute of it home and away.

laugh all you want at the manchester scum, but just know the rest of the country is laughing at leeds at the moment.

renzi: bloody hell, that'd be a hell of a signing if that comes off, probably would cement your chances of going up. ive got a fiver on with a bloke at work, if cardiff are in top 2 on xmas day i owe him a fiver, so start losing please.
    Renzo wrote:
    Personally i do keep an eye on Exeter City and have been to a few games but thats only while im here at uni. Cardiff City all the way.
    I was there with AFC Wimbledon the other week. Good game. Did you go?
    International and Domestic football are two totally different forms of the game, so its not just a bit different, its totally different to supporting two domestic teams.

Yea, I was joking with the mistress comment. I am aware that international football is different from domestic football.

I don't think ayone could hold it against a Leeds fan having a laugh at our expense, I certainly wouldn't. However, when people come on saying:
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Hahahahahahahahaha,
    this feels so good being a Leeds fan,
    Unlucky red wankers!
    then they're kinda lining themselves for a bit of abuse, even if it's from other Championship club supporters.
    koe_182 wrote:
    we'd get beat week in week out, and probably get the lowest points total ever, wouldnt bother me or 99% of other burnley fans out there. i'd still enjoy every minute of it home and away.

laugh all you want at the manchester scum, but just know the rest of the country is laughing at leeds at the moment.
    AND???????
    You won't hear me arguing about Leeds being shite, I'll openly admit it. LEEDS ARE SHITE AT THE MOMENT hehehehehe there ya go lol
    So cos everyones laughing at Leeds, Leeds fans can't laugh at scum?? Ohhhh yes that makes perfect sense :rolleyes:
    Everyone has a right to laugh at Leeds at the moment cos we are shite, JUST like everyone has a right to laugh at the scum getting beat by Southend, so stop spouting shite.

Smith in Championship?? I really can't see him dropping down but if he does it will be one hell of signing. He's proved he's good enough up front for the scum (start of his time there) but you never know what effect that kind of injury has on a player, some come back stronger, some are a shadow of there former self, I haven't seen enough of him to comment on that though.

Smith in Championship?? I really can't see him dropping down but if he does it will be one hell of signing. He's proved he's good enough up front for the scum (start of his time there) but you never know what effect that kind of injury has on a player, some come back stronger, some are a shadow of there former self, I haven't seen enough of him to comment on that though.

He's only really played 60 minutes for the first team against Southend. He was totally off the pace and looked out of touch. I wouldn't blame him for the defeat, but if Ole or Saha had of been playing I'm confident we would have won.

Smith just looks like he needs games, and he'll not get them at United so long as Saha and Rooney are fit, and playing like they are. Ole will be back soon as well and he'll get the nod ahead of Smith.

If playing for Cardiff helps him get back to his tenacious best, then I'm all for it.

I heard the other day that if Cardiff get into the premiership and manage to finish in the top 4 they wouldn't be able to qualify for the champions league because they're Welsh!
    Addict wrote:
    Yea, I was joking with the mistress comment. I am aware that international football is different from domestic football.

I don't think ayone could hold it against a Leeds fan having a laugh at our expense, I certainly wouldn't. However, when people come on saying:then they're kinda lining themselves for a bit of abuse, even if it's from other Championship club supporters.

Dude it was a bit of jest,
    Leeds and their fans have been slagged off on these boards many times before, I was just buzzing off the fact that our supposed 'superpower' rivals got beat by an underdog so I thought I'd start a thread about it.
    Addict wrote:
    He's only really played 60 minutes for the first team against Southend. He was totally off the pace and looked out of touch. I wouldn't blame him for the defeat, but if Ole or Saha had of been playing I'm confident we would have won.

Smith just looks like he needs games, and he'll not get them at United so long as Saha and Rooney are fit, and playing like they are. Ole will be back soon as well and he'll get the nod ahead of Smith.

If playing for Cardiff helps him get back to his tenacious best, then I'm all for it.

I heard the other day that if Cardiff get into the premiership and manage to finish in the top 4 they wouldn't be able to qualify for the champions league because they're Welsh!

I heard that about the Champions league aswell. Quite stupid really if it's true, what difference should it really make whether they're Welsh or not?

As for Smith, whichever club he plays for I've always had a soft spot for him even when he left Leeds for the devils. I think he's an extremely talented player, he's wasted when played in midfield, he's a born striker. If he does move then I think it will motivate him and he will really shine.
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Dude it was a bit of jest,
    Leeds and their fans have been slagged off on these boards many times before, I was just buzzing off the fact that our supposed 'superpower' rivals got beat by an underdog so I thought I'd start a thread about it.

Yea, and that's fair enough, I don't hold it against you! I was just pointing out that you're open to get abuse back, all in jest!
    As for Smith, whichever club he plays for I've always had a soft spot for him even when he left Leeds for the devils. I think he's an extremely talented player, he's wasted when played in midfield, he's a born striker. If he does move then I think it will motivate him and he will really shine.

Smudger is definitely a good striker when he's on form, there's no denying that. Just have to wait and see if he can get back to his best. I would think he'd have the character to overcome any psychological issues he might be having after such a horrifc injury.
    Addict wrote:

We've been playing in the English Leagues since the start of the 20th century. I would think it would be grossly unfair if we got that far to stop us.

Monaco qualifies through france and still places in Europe right?

Edited: Leeds can fuck off to be honest. Whats the point of him going to a relegation battler side!?!
    Addict wrote:

Cardiff don't represent Wales in any european competitions, as they can't qualify by those means (Welsh Cup, Welsh Premier etc.), so they would qualify for the CL as an "English" club AFAIK.
    the carling cup is bs for the big teams, just another chance for players to get injured for important games.

ferguson took it well cos he most probably didnt care as much as he would in a normal game.
    Me personally am not in a financial situation to go watch them week in and out, I do like to go every now and again but at the minute I just haven't got the money to go and watch them get pumped by 4/5 goals. Also how can you justify paying £26 (cheapest seat) to watch a team who are the bottom of the championship? Its scandalous.

That's kind of my point - though it's not aimed at you personally. If they were winning and at the top of the league/in the Prem then you would find the £26, as would many of your mates.

United fans carry the "glory hunters" tag all across the country but it's the same in any town with any club. Very very few have the same level of support right the way through the divisions and there is often more than one club in the town but one of them gets more support - see London as an example... The irony of that makes me laugh, if we all supported our "local" side then many of the lower league sides would have MUCH bigger gates.

Hell, I spent my teenage years going to my local Beazer Homes league side (this wasn't even Beazer prem either - we're talking three below Conference here!)... Of course, I knew that they were unlikely to meet United and so never had any conflict there. Shame they went bust really but when you have a crowd of 80 (on a good day) you can't expect much else I suppose :(
    Braineater wrote:
    Cardiff don't represent Wales in any european competitions, as they can't qualify by those means (Welsh Cup, Welsh Premier etc.), so they would qualify for the CL as an "English" club AFAIK.

:yes:

What he said.
    Aladdin wrote:
    I was there with AFC Wimbledon the other week. Good game. Did you go?

Why yes yes i did! Shocking i could have seen you with my very eyes :eek: Most away fans ive seen at an Exeter Game.

In the meantime, ta for the 3 points Koe, especially with Preston failing to win. :thumb:
    AND???????
    Everyone has a right to laugh at Leeds at the moment cos we are shite, .

i'll excerise my right after comments of confidence last May made from every leeds fan i spoke to. ahahahahahah:lol::lol: