Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Girls and moods?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    koe_182 wrote:
    theres nowt worse than a girl blaming her period for being a complete and utter bitch, its no excuse what so ever..
    well actually it is an excuse. take last month for example. 2 days before my period started i was really emotional all day. i just got upset over nothing. then 1 day before my period i felt really irrational and moody. and i knew damn well why i was feeling like that and let me tell you it is a horrible feeling. its horrible because you know that things are going good in your life yet you still feel upset and angry and theres nothing you can do apart from to let it pass. and it did and i was fine again for another month :p
    I understand these points, but theres no reason to take it out on other people tho is there?

when i feel ill and crap and moody i dont start having a do at other people

(cue people going..men dont know what its like blah blah blah)

:P
    koe_182 wrote:
    I understand these points, but theres no reason to take it out on other people tho is there?

when i feel ill and crap and moody i dont start having a do at other people
    i think thats totally dependent on the girl. i think its quite common though for people to take their moods out on other people -usually their loved ones.
    yeah you are probably right, im bad if someone tries to have a go when i dont deserve it, i'd probably just say "dont talk to me now if you are gonna be a dick, come back when you can be civil"
    With my first girlfriend I used to get it pretty bad when she had PMT. She used to stop talking to me, hit me, be rude to me etc. - some people said when it's a girls time of the month they will act unreasonable and you've just got to put up with it.

Then I brought it up on here and people said yea - periods do hurt but they don't automatically make you into a monster - it's unfair to take it out on others because it's not their fault. So that's my perspective on it these days. Everyone gets random pains, but some women do act mean and think it's justified, when it's not, to put it bluntly.
    With my first girlfriend I used to get it pretty bad when she had PMT. She used to stop talking to me, hit me, be rude to me etc. - some people said when it's a girls time of the month they will act unreasonable and you've just got to put up with it.
    i think thats quite an extreme case! if anything she was probably a little monster before her period and then the hormones made her even worse or maybe she did just use it as an excuse. :p but thats not to say that all women will do the same. pmt affects everyone differently -some will get it worse than others. it can be quite a horrible time for a lot and i think sympathy is needed more than anything. and if that fails then do what koe does and just leave them to it.
    Yea, I was sympathetic, but she used to take it out on me. Her mum told her off and she would get in a huge strop heh. She was ok most of the time, it was just her PMT, she had it pretty bad though... I think she had some tests done. All the same, women shouldn't feel like they can take it out on others because they're 'cursed' with periods.

You know, women complain about the pain of birth and periods so much, but you never hear them complain about having kids :p.
    all the girls that have replied to this thread with excuses as to why "us girls" are like this, are a disgrace!

Its got nothing to do with being female itself, and everything to do with being an immature twat. Men are like it too, and i have known many men like this.

and in my opinion, i cant be bothered to associate with people immature enough to behave like it, male or female.
    Fuck girls are weird creatures like, on the whole they tend to take things to heart more than men.

We laugh things off and don't take things seriously, it's like the girl who gets upset when the boy doesn't reply to the text that says "hey how's things?"
    Blah wrote:
    all the girls that have replied to this thread with excuses as to why "us girls" are like this, are a disgrace!

Its got nothing to do with being female itself, and everything to do with being an immature twat. Men are like it too, and i have known many men like this.

Well there are psychological differences between men and women. Even something as simple as men having much more testosterone affects how we behave.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    We laugh things off and don't take things seriously, it's like the girl who gets upset when the boy doesn't reply to the text that says "hey how's things?"

Men do that too, ya know (take things seriously and get narked about not getting a reply to a text).

You probably just think women do it because you've probably had more experience of women doing it, I've had more experience of men being little prima donnas. There is a definite middle ground between Mars and Venus... I occupy it :razz:
    briggi wrote:
    There is a definite middle ground between Mars and Venus... I occupy it :razz:

Earth People, New York and California
    Earth People, I was born on Jupiter
    I hate periods.
    Really? I don't get them. :yippe:
    Well, Matt, i put up with it as she is a mate of mine.
    Lipsy, she did apologise for it in the end, and admitted that she did start it all.
    Finally, her excuse for it was that she was having a stressy day because of her hormones...what ever that means.

As far as i am concerned its over now as she apologised for her behaviour.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Well there are psychological differences between men and women. Even something as simple as men having much more testosterone affects how we behave.

Yeh i know that, but im talking about this thread generalisation in general. I dont have a single female friend that would act how the OP described but i have male friends that would and ive known men in the past that would.

It seems like the minute a female on the boards steriotypes she gets told off yet when a male does it everyones like "yeh its because of periods". Bullshit!
    Blah wrote:
    It seems like the minute a female on the boards steriotypes she gets told off yet when a male does it everyones like "yeh its because of periods". Bullshit!

A generalisation in itself perhaps?
    Yerascrote wrote:
    A generalisation in itself perhaps?

Well no, because not all moods are caused by periods. If they were, men would have periods. Some women are too quick to blame all their personality faults on this.

Of course you get some women that have PMS, temper tantrums etc, but its how the person deals with it that either makes them a twat or not.

I can get PMS and i have days where im in a bad mood, but that doesnt mean i call someone a cunt (for example) over the phone for no reason then hang up.
    "Shut the fuck up" usually sorts out a strop - so long as you don't entertain it, they'll learn to behave. And invariably think more of you for it.
    I hate periods.
    So do I.
    lads just put her in her place if she's acting like a brat, after all most ladies love it when a man does that, a man they can't tame.

Bratty girls are a tornado in a teacup :) let her have her drama, put her in her place then fuck her brains out. It's guaranteed for success!

Damn i'm vulgar.

What on earth are you on about?:confused: