Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cannabis is evil!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
or so the American government will have you believe since the early 18th century... check out this movie, which charts the US government's propaganda on weed, which originally started out just to have all the states agree to put money towards a different matter.

a bit long, but kinda interesting :)

Comments

• Options
    Is that 'Grass' narrated by Woody Harrellson if I'm not mistaken, it is quite good, although the book 'Refer Madness' is better as it goes into more depth. Talking of which the original Refer Madness the film is a classic if you can lay your hands on it.
  • Options
    it is indeed 'Grass' narrated by Woody Harrellson, figured you would have seen it. I thought it was rather good too, just finished watching it
  • Options
    I recorded it off channel 4 ages ago, I've still got it on my shelf at home as it happens. Refer Madness is worth hunting out if you can, its very good, a masterpiece really.
  • Options
    I'll keep an eye out for it :)
  • Options
  • Options
    if the US government can't tax it, then of course its evil

little aside; the US constitution is written on hemp paper!
  • Options
    if the US government can't tax it, then of course its evil

The ban on cannabis has a lot more to do with racism than it does tax, at least as far as the first laws were concerned. Even though, strangely they were actually laws to tax the production of cannabis.
  • Options
    it's interesting to see that the initial laws were only introduced as a way to piggyback a nationwide antidrugs organisation, and to have all the states fund the effort!
  • Options
    fucking loved that... Jimmy Carter can't come back for another 4 years can he?

And to think of all the damage done by Billy Graham