Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Crimbo Pressies...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well with xmas fastly approaching?! What are you planning on buying your nearest and dearest? Me...not a clue, hoping to steal you's guys ideas!!
{x}

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have bought all my prezzies except for one. :cool:

And yes my decs go up this Sat. :D
    Somebodys organised! i dont know where to start!
    Gucci2 wrote:
    Well with xmas fastly approaching?! What are you planning on buying your nearest and dearest? Me...not a clue, hoping to steal you's guys ideas!!
    {x}

Me neither...
    I have seen a daft present to get my mum, and I'm tempted to get my best mates some necklaces, but other than that, I'm rather stumped! :)
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I have seen a daft present to get my mum, and I'm tempted to get my best mates some necklaces, but other than that, I'm rather stumped! :)

yeah iv bought my mum loadsa daft crap, really need something nice though but i dont hava clue?! its so difficult =(
    I send harassing emails to my family until they give me at least 2 options of what to get them. I told them they're getting gum if they don't reply. So far my mom is the only one... but she only gave me one idea, so that means she didn't follow the rules and she still gets gum.
    my_name wrote:
    I send harassing emails to my family until they give me at least 2 options of what to get them. I told them they're getting gum if they don't reply. So far my mom is the only one... but she only gave me one idea, so that means she didn't follow the rules and she still gets gum.

Thats such a brilliant idea :D I think mum dad and boyfriend can all have some Hubba Bubba this year.
    i wanted to get my gay friend a totem pole which i thought would double up as a dildo. but they're quite expensive and he might think it's hideous
    i wanted to get my gay friend a totem pole which i thought would double up as a dildo. but they're quite expensive and he might think it's hideous

No I won't! :hyper:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Bah humbug - think I might close this until December 1st...
    Im quite organised this year and I have notoriously difficult people to buy for.

In the 5 years I've known my best friend she's been going on about wanting a candle making kit (she's 30 btw!) and I finally managed to find one this year that wasnt a Chad Valley one aimed at 5 year olds. She better get me something equally good after all my hard work tracking it down :p
    Gucci, since you wanted some inspiration...

These pendants are lovely (my boyfriend bought me one as an early birhday present, and go quite cheaply for what they are! Buy a few of them in yor family/friends birthstones,a pack of silver chains off Ebay and boom! Christmas presents! :D It's what the boyfriends mum has done and I think I'm going to copy haha :)
    I don't have the slightest idea. :(
    Ooh, this thread is for me as I'm pretty much all shopped up for my other half and best friends already. Everyone else, on the other hand, will probably be left until the last minute - especially my Dad who is the ultimate shopper's nightmare.

Anyway, I've bought the boyfriend a USB turntable as his main pressie. The majority of his music is on vinyl and we don't have the space, so they'll then be able to go into storage for the time being... and make room for more of my junk ;)

Then he is getting an inflatable sumo suit. I also purchased one for each of his brothers so they can participate in drunken wrestling on Christmas Day! I nearly exploded with excitement when I clocked them, only a fiver each.

Other than that I will probably do him an Xmas stocking with lots of little things - chocolates, miniature whisky, Lush bath bombs (he's such a girl), the scarf I have lovingly handcrafted and definitely that book about Hunter S Thompson by Ralph Steadman which he will go ape for.

My best mate is getting a Tatty Devine name necklace, as she covets mine so much I think it's about time she had her own. Another pal is getting Tatty's crisp necklace, one the guitar plectrum charm bracelet, one the fairy lights kilt pin (for her cape, she doesn't wear a kilt... that I know of) and the last a Terramundi money pot. My best boyfriend is getting a FourFourTwo subscription.

As for my own list, it has been finalised and formally delivered to all interested parties (so just mr briggi and my parents then) :razz:
    briggi wrote:

Anyway, I've bought the boyfriend a USB turntable as his main pressie. The majority of his music is on vinyl and we don't have the space, so they'll then be able to go into storage for the time being... and make room for more of my junk ;)

Then he is getting an inflatable sumo suit. I also purchased one for each of his brothers so they can participate in drunken wrestling on Christmas Day! I nearly exploded with excitement when I clocked them, only a fiver each.

You wouldn't of been playing on IWOOT would you dear? I was looking at both of those in the catalogue earlier :D
    I actually got them in Home and Bargains (classy!) but a friend of mine said you could get them on there... I hope he doesn't have the same idea, we do often speak of our appreciation for sumo wrestling :razz:
    briggi wrote:
    I actually got them in Home and Bargains (classy!) but a friend of mine said you could get them on there... I hope he doesn't have the same idea, we do often speak of our appreciation for sumo wrestling :razz:

Home and Bargains is the best shop ever at Christmas :D
    I aint even given it a second thought yet!

Give it at least another 5 or 6 weeks and then I will start! :chin:
    Whats home and bargains?! I want a sumo suit!!
    **Helen** wrote:
    Bah humbug - think I might close this until December 1st...

:yes:

It's bad enough that the fucking TV adverts have started
    CD's and rings and shit probably.
    I got my mum a DVD (well, she ordered it then asked if I got her anything for Christmas adn suggested that I could give her the DVD)

I haven't got my dad anything (again) don't think he really wants another Lynx deodorant & body spray gift thingy...
    I'll just buy the usual shit for my family, something random for my mates and if I'm still seeing this bird then that's something else to think about.

I never put much thought into any of it to be honest.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I want a Wiiiiiiiiii!!!!
    Then go to the toilet :p
    I'll probably end up doing my shopping on Christmas eve...same as every year.

I have no idea what I am buying anyone either.
    My dad will get the aftershave I get him every year as a standard joke. My mums getting a monkey world oragu-tan adoption and some other little things. I have no idea what to get my brother but its his birthday on Friday and I still havent got him anything! Plus he got me a really really nice braclet for my birthday. I need to get my brothers girlfriend something little as well (she got me a lovly bag for my birthday).
    My Mum and Brother are getting vouchers, and maybe some small presents for round the tree.

My Dad is getting Book tokens (its what he wants) and again some smaller things.

My Stepdad is gettin Golf clubs, My dog will get something and my bloke will get something too, I havent decided yet.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I want the b3ta book of sick jokes.
    A SCUD launcher.
    An AK-47.

I never have any idea what to get others though ;o
    rachie004 wrote:
    Don't feel like being christmassy this year with everything thats gone on

me either.
    I have bought a grand total of one presents.

I know what I am getting other people for the most part though (not that I can write it on here as he will see). It's a bugger that both my brother and one of my sisters have their birthdays near Christmas, as that means twice the amount of imagination and twice the amount of money :(