Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Kerry balls up again...

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Err... going back to the original topic of the thread, I see that Kerry's balls-up has had little effect on the election outcome:

Democrats take control of the House of Representatives, Senate is neck and neck race

:)

Might this mark the beginning of the end for the most dangerous, murderous, lunatic and plain evil US government in history.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Err... going back to the original topic of the thread, I see that Kerry's balls-up has had little effect on the election outcome:

Democrats take control of the House of Representatives, Senate is neck and neck race

:)

Might this mark the beginning of the end for the most dangerous, murderous, lunatic and plain evil US government in history.

Well not for another two years...
    That's why I said the beginning of the end ;)

Let this snowball into the implosion of the government of G.W. Bush and the Republicans being kicked out of office in two years time.

The world deserves a break.
    As far as I thought US presidents could only stay in office for two terms anyway. Maybe I'm wrong...
    Bush is not so much the problem as the people who control him.

The Republican Party and the neocon movement are the real problem. They control Bush. And they'd control the next President if he was a Republican.
    First of all...has any of you so called "know-it-alls" ever bothered to read the geneva convention or anything about international law, before you go spouting your mouths abotu how they are all the same as following the orders to commit genocide?

Secondly...huzzah for elections, lame duck Presdency to follow!
    Hillary Clinton should probably run for President now, shouldnt she?
    Aladdin wrote:
    Bush is not so much the problem as the people who control him.

The Republican Party and the neocon movement are the real problem. They control Bush. And they'd control the next President if he was a Republican.

...and they'll look to paralyse the next Democrat presidency with something akin to the Lewinsky case - especially if it's Hilary.
    Aladdin wrote:

It's nothing to smile about. The Democrats these days are isolationist with regard to foreign affairs and hostile towards free trade. Sherrod Brown, an Ohio Democrat who defeated the Republican incumbent for the Senate made his opposition of trade deals and support of protectionism a key part of the campaign. And if you're cheering the Democrats because they're pro-choice on abortion, Bob Casey Jr a Pennsylvania Democrat who won the Senate race there is a pro-life Catholic. And John Tester who (might) be the next Democrat Senator for Montana rabidly opposes civil unions for gay couples...

These are dangerous times. In the Middle East Iran is emerging as a grave danger – as the Saudis and Egyptians are acknowledging through wishing to go nuclear themselves. Unhinged and irrational fundamentalists, whether Islamic fundamentalists in al qaeda and Iran or lunatics in North Korea may require an aggressive response at some point in the future. With isolationist Democrats in Congress controlling the funding the US lacks the ability to act decisively when it needs to do so.

Over the past few years with only a few significant exceptions trade has been pretty free between the US and the EU; it won't take the Democrats long to revert to rabid protectionism.

While I'd be glad to see the Democrat in Virginia (Jim Webb) beat George Allen (currently awaiting a recount) overall the Democrats success is going to prove a bad thing. There's a lot of work to be done in Iraq and Afghanistan; Democrats will support withdrawals with no regard to security and stability. US foreign policy might not be flawless but the last thing that the world needs when faced with so many problems is for the world's superpower go AWOL, turn a blind eye and embrace isolationism – yet that's exactly what the Democrats will do.

If the Republicans go with John McCain in 2008 these recent Democrat successes may be reversed to a large extent. I truly hope so for the sake of the many issues facing America and the world that the Democrats are incapable of solving.
    Bullseye wrote:
    First of all...has any of you so called "know-it-alls" ever bothered to read the geneva convention or anything about international law, before you go spouting your mouths abotu how they are all the same as following the orders to commit genocide?

Is it ok for a "know nothing" like me to ask a few questions in hope of clarification ?

Which "geneva convention" are you referring to ?

I have read parts of all four but I must admit the legalese (as has always been the case) wore me down.

It occured to me that they were written by lawyers for lawyers.

You may think it is an over simplification on my part but can`t they be summed up as "ways to be nice whilst murdering other individuals" ?

How is that different than "following orders to commit genocide",other than the nice part ?

I believe that the original convention was borne out of concern for the wounded individuals who hadn`t been murdered,and NOT for concern over the concept of murdering an individual because of someone`s delusions/beliefs/opinions.
    It's nothing to smile about. The Democrats these days are isolationist with regard to foreign affairs
    What, more isolationist than the Republicans?

Unless you and me have different meanings for the word... :confused:
    and hostile towards free trade. Sherrod Brown, an Ohio Democrat who defeated the Republican incumbent for the Senate made his opposition of trade deals and support of protectionism a key part of the campaign. And if you're cheering the Democrats because they're pro-choice on abortion, Bob Casey Jr a Pennsylvania Democrat who won the Senate race there is a pro-life Catholic. And John Tester who (might) be the next Democrat Senator for Montana rabidly opposes civil unions for gay couples...
    I'm cheering for the Democrats for one single reason above all: They're not the Republicans.

Right now, the bastard child of Adolph Hitler and Satan who advocates paedophilia and mass murder would be a more attractive choice for next US President than the Republican Party getting into office again.

I know you actually think the Republican government of G. W. Bush has actually done good things. Wake up Dis. Just about everybody else on the planet, and by the looks of it more and more people in the US too, regard Bush and his government as the biggest danger to world peace there is alongside Al Qaida, and an appalling, warmongering, hawkish, arrogant, disrespectful, isolationist, ultra-polluting Administration.

From a new nuclear arms race with Russia to the straining of relations with countless former friends and allies, the refusal to cut down on harmful emissions, denial of global warming, and above all its disgusting foreign policy, this US government has been without doubt the most despicable, harmful and dangerous in history.
    Over the past few years with only a few significant exceptions trade has been pretty free between the US and the EU; it won't take the Democrats long to revert to rabid protectionism.
    Was it the Democrats who imposed steel tariffs?
    While I'd be glad to see the Democrat in Virginia (Jim Webb) beat George Allen (currently awaiting a recount) overall the Democrats success is going to prove a bad thing. There's a lot of work to be done in Iraq and Afghanistan; Democrats will support withdrawals with no regard to security and stability.
    Funnily enough the rest of the world believes withdrawals are the best way of protecting the US.

Are you pretending the wars on Afghanistan and specially Iraq had made the world a better or safer place???
    US foreign policy might not be flawless but the last thing that the world needs when faced with so many problems is for the world's superpower go AWOL, turn a blind eye and embrace isolationism – yet that's exactly what the Democrats will do.
    Again, that word isolationism. And there was me thinking spitting in the face of the UN and 95% of the countries in the world, going alone, ignoring international law and conventions and pulling out of countless treaties and accord was the dictionary definition of isolationism.
    If the Republicans go with John McCain in 2008 these recent Democrat successes may be reversed to a large extent. I truly hope so for the sake of the many issues facing America and the world that the Democrats are incapable of solving.
    And I hope for the sake of the survival of the human race that not only the Republicans are kicked out of office, but that with any luck an asteroid falls into the hotel where they hold their next conference and wipe the fuckers out.
    It's nothing to smile about. The Democrats these days are isolationist with regard to foreign affairs

Do you know what isolationism is?
    And if you're cheering the Democrats because they're pro-choice on abortion, Bob Casey Jr a Pennsylvania Democrat who won the Senate race there is a pro-life Catholic. And John Tester who (might) be the next Democrat Senator for Montana rabidly opposes civil unions for gay couples...

And look at these states, traditionally right-wing. These places aren't hippy liberal New York or California, it's the God-fearing part, the Democrats deliberately used more Conservative Democrats runners here to get more votes.
    With isolationist Democrats in Congress controlling the funding the US lacks the ability to act decisively when it needs to do so.

Oh fuck here he goes again with isolationism!

There's a lot of work to be done in Iraq and Afghanistan; Democrats will support withdrawals with no regard to security and stability. US foreign policy might not be flawless but the last thing that the world needs when faced with so many problems is for the world's superpower go AWOL, turn a blind eye and embrace isolationism – yet that's exactly what the Democrats will do.

Oh and a third time he uses it.

Maybe increased security and stability will come with withdrawal. The Republicans have been shambolic in their setting up of a new democracy and Iraq police/army.
    Breaking news:

Bush dumps Rumsfeld!

YEEEEEEEEEEESSS!

ADIOS, CUNT! :wave:

Now to hope Dick and Condy fuck off as well.
    Hate that cunt! :yippe:
    worstweekever.jpg

:D
    Aladdin wrote:
    What, more isolationist than the Republicans?

Familiarise yourself with US history between the 1920s and up to the Second World War. Many Democrats want to return the US to that kind of isolationism.
    Aladdin wrote:
    I know you actually think the Republican government of G. W. Bush has actually done good things.

Damn right.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Was it the Democrats who imposed steel tariffs?

Read what I said:

- Steel is one significant exception. (And the Democrats supported those tariffs anyway). Regardless if you think the Republicans have been protectionist wait until you see the Democrats in action.
    It will be a shame to see Donald Rumsfeld go. The man has a lifetime of public service. There will be endless debate on how the aftermath of the invasion was handled but as Bush quite rightly said Rumsfeld is a patriot who served with honour and distinction. But there had to be a scapegoat and Rumsfeld is it. Whilst it looks rather gloomy for the Republicans the Grand Old Party will rise again and if McCain gets the 2008 nomination we won't have to wait long to see a revitalised Republican party.
    But there had to be a scapegoat and Rumsfeld is it.

I will cry myself to sleep tonight over that poor man's plight :lol: :yeees:
    The man has a lifetime of public service.

Yeah, didn't you love the way he sold arms to Iraq...
    It will be a shame to see Donald Rumsfeld go. The man has a lifetime of public service. There will be endless debate on how the aftermath of the invasion was handled but as Bush quite rightly said Rumsfeld is a patriot who served with honour and distinction. But there had to be a scapegoat and Rumsfeld is it. Whilst it looks rather gloomy for the Republicans the Grand Old Party will rise again and if McCain gets the 2008 nomination we won't have to wait long to see a revitalised Republican party.

*yawn*

I'm sick of your rhetoric rantings tbh.

So-Dis-want to explain why the Democrats are Isolationist?